Must get Max Passes and early morning rides.

I don't think there is anything wrong with getting things like Radiator Springs, TSM, or Space Mountain first thing, but it would be better to get something that is a personal favorite or high priority to you with a return time 30-45 minutes out or less. I definitely wouldn't use it on Buzz that early since they will be available all day. If Space is available with a 30 minute return window, that's definitely a good grab that early. You'll be waiting 90 minutes between FP later in the day, so the idea is to be able to get more in early. But if it's for a ride that never has much of a wait, then why waste your time with it at RD?
This is exactly right.

I don't think there is anything wrong with getting things like Radiator Springs, TSM, or Space Mountain first thing, but it would be better to get something that is a personal favorite or high priority to you with a return time 30-45 minutes out or less. I definitely wouldn't use it on Buzz that early since they will be available all day. If Space is available with a 30 minute return window, that's definitely a good grab that early. You'll be waiting 90 minutes between FP later in the day, so the idea is to be able to get more in early. But if it's for a ride that never has much of a wait, then why waste your time with it at RD?

I guess Im just not sure what has longer wait times at DL and being spring break will everything? Well our spring break that is which is the week leading up to Easter so the 14-20. I'm thinking we'll do park days Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. I def want to utilize Max pass the best we can and get the most FP as possible. If we do a 7am morning we'll head to FL first ... We won't do PP unless we have time later and its not a long wait but for us it just won't be worth using morning time for that or waiting long. So Im not sure how many rides in FL we can get done before using FP for something else?

I haven’t read all of the replies here but just wanted to say that besides knowing which rides will run out of Fastpasses first and knowing which rides typically have the shortest waits (even in the afternoon) you don’t need to stress too much about ride order and maximizing MaxPass. Maxpass is very easy to use and over a multiple day trip you can pull more than you can use really. We often let Fastpasses go because we’ve already ridden multiple times and want to ride some non-Fastpass rides/do other things. My comment is just to point out that at DL you don’t need everything planned to a T. You certainly can do that if you want but it isn’t necessary.
When we are really maximizing MaxPass we end up with more than we need/want to use on a multiple day trip.

If you are interested in ride plans take a look at Disneyland Daily. There are several ride order plans on the website.

Lots of good advice here. I'd just like to add that you should ride Indiana Jones first thing or within the first 30 minutes of park opening. Indy has a tendency to go down a lot as the day moves on and when it goes down it stays down for a while. Indy has an amazing queue so take your time going through it.

I guess Im just not sure what has longer wait times at DL and being spring break will everything? Well our spring break that is which is the week leading up to Easter so the 14-20. I'm thinking we'll do park days Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. I def want to utilize Max pass the best we can and get the most FP as possible. If we do a 7am morning we'll head to FL first ... We won't do PP unless we have time later and its not a long wait but for us it just won't be worth using morning time for that or waiting long. So Im not sure how many rides in FL we can get done before using FP for something else?
So, I’ve seen a lot of your posts and it’s clear that you’re anxious about this trip. I just want to give you some perspective about why hyper-planning is not really necessary or even possible at Disneyland.

For context: I go to Disneyland a lot - usually around 6 times a month. I go different days of the week. Sometimes we rope drop, sometimes we show up around noon on weekdays, occasionally we just go for the evening.

I’m a researcher by nature, and since I’ve been around these boards, I’ve taken a rather scientific view of Disneyland. I track stuff - how long we wait at security, FP return times, etc.

Very, very little is predictable. There are certainly trends or “usuallys” or educated guesses, but things are incredibly variable - You have no idea how many people will show up. Rides break down and totally throw off not only plans to ride them, but also have a cascade effect on other rides. The app can be glitchy - the first two days of this year, a bunch of people couldn’t even buy Maxpass until hours into the day.

It’s great to understand how Maxpass works and understand ride popularity before you get there. If you have must-do dining, of course you want that squared away and reserved well in advance. It’s great to start each day with a rough plan of the first few things you’re hoping to do (keeping in mind they may not be open or something), and it’s nice if each person picks a couple of “must-dos” (whether rides, shows, characters, snacks) so you have some priorities.

Beyond that? You kind of just have to go with the flow of your particular day, which no one can predict for you. You’ve been linked to TONS of resources here and on Disneyland Daily - and you have many weeks ahead to read and digest those resources. I hope you have a wonderful and magical time!

So, I’ve seen a lot of your posts and it’s clear that you’re anxious about this trip. I just want to give you some perspective about why hyper-planning is not really necessary or even possible at Disneyland.

For context: I go to Disneyland a lot - usually around 6 times a month. I go different days of the week. Sometimes we rope drop, sometimes we show up around noon on weekdays, occasionally we just go for the evening.

I’m a researcher by nature, and since I’ve been around these boards, I’ve taken a rather scientific view of Disneyland. I track stuff - how long we wait at security, FP return times, etc.

Very, very little is predictable. There are certainly trends or “usuallys” or educated guesses, but things are incredibly variable - You have no idea how many people will show up. Rides break down and totally throw off not only plans to ride them, but also have a cascade effect on other rides. The app can be glitchy - the first two days of this year, a bunch of people couldn’t even buy Maxpass until hours into the day.

It’s great to understand how Maxpass works and understand ride popularity before you get there. If you have must-do dining, of course you want that squared away and reserved well in advance. It’s great to start each day with a rough plan of the first few things you’re hoping to do (keeping in mind they may not be open or something), and it’s nice if each person picks a couple of “must-dos” (whether rides, shows, characters, snacks) so you have some priorities.

Beyond that? You kind of just have to go with the flow of your particular day, which no one can predict for you. You’ve been linked to TONS of resources here and on Disneyland Daily - and you have many weeks ahead to read and digest those resources. I hope you have a wonderful and magical time!

Thank you for this. I am so excited to go and I think we'll be just fine and I am excited to see how differently our days flow from DW which has to be planned so much. Is there somewhere that does have info about the highest priority rides and which Fast passes go quickest for? That would help a lot I think.

Good idea about us having top priorities even with snacks etc. We will def make some dining reservations at the 60 day mark. I know we want to do the plaza inn for a later breakfast around 10am. I am thinking about booking BBB for my daughter and my son to do the knights package. At DW I would try for a pre park open appointment but seems that at DL that doesn't work the same way. I wouldn't want to waste precious morning time on that but not schedule to late in day either .. So maybe we do that around noonish or 1 on the day that we don't do the Plaza Breakfast. Im thinking I'd try and do Plaza on the morning that is MM.

Ok I need some advice as to what Max passes I need to focus on getting first and where to go first thing I the mornings. We'll be utilizing the early mornings every day we can. So if theres MM, EE or EMH we'll be there before rope drop.

From the research Ive done the Max pass approach is a bit different then DW and I don't need to plan it out ride by ride BUT I want to make sure I'm utilizing it right and get the most of out it.

My kids will both be tall enough to ride everything. So nothing will be off limits. Peter Pan is not a big deal to us. We'll ride if we can but its not priority so we won't be doing the mad dash to ride that first when we go to DL. We will have 4 park days. So plenty of time! Typically at MK we'll split our days and do one day half the park then the other day the other half.

Of course our top priorities will be things that DW does not have. But then we'll still want to ride our favorites like BTM, Splash Mountain, Pirates, Toy Story Mania.

Are there any Max Pass rides we should not bother getting and just hit them in between others? Rides that maybe have low wait times all the time? We will be going the week leading up to Easter so I'm expecting decent crowds. Thanks!!

Have no fear! You're going to have an amazing time. We have often gone to DL at times of year when regular park opening is 8 am, so EMH/MM entry is 7-8 am. Here's a typical DL itinerary/plan that our family has done a few times now using Magic Morning (MM) on a Tues, Thurs, or Sat...when I was planning our first family trip to DL, I found info like this very helpful.
  • 6:45 am - be in line, tickets in hand, at DL main gate
  • 7:00 am - DL opens. Give high 5's to all of the CMs lining Main Street wearing their big Mickey gloves. This is my favorite part of the day. Shake hands with the maintenance CMs who are ending their work day and going home.
  • 7:00 - 8:00 am - go on rides in Fantasyland in about this order: Matterhorn (skip if you don't want to go on it), Dumbo, Alice, Mad Tea Party, Mr. Toad, Snow White, Pinocchio
  • ~ 8:15 am --> Storybookland Canal Boats (if that's a 'nice to have' ride for your trip, this is a very slow loader). While waiting to load, use MP (Max Pass) to get FP for Space Mtn, Star Tours, or Indiana Jones. Then go on King Arthur's Carousel.
  • 8:30-8:45 AM-ish --> After King Arthur's Carousel, look at wait times for Autopia & Buzz Lightyear. If the FP you got first was for Space Mtn or Star Tours, go to Tomorrowland next and go on Autopia or Buzz Lightyear. Probably Autopia first. Then go on Buzz. After that, if FP return window has opened up, go on Space Mtn or Star Tours.
  • After you've scanned your ticket at the FP entrance thingy for Space Mtn or Star Tours, while you're shuffling to actually enter/get on the ride itself, go on the app & get another FP for another ride. I'd probably pick Indiana Jones.
  • After Space Mtn or Star Tours, walk across the hub to Adventureland. If lines for Photopass photographers aren't too bad, stop to take a family photo on your way to Adventureland. If anybody needs the bathroom, use the bathroom just to the left of the Plaza Inn...it's very close to the entrance to Tomorrowland.
  • As you're walking over, check Jungle Cruise & Tiki Room wait times. Probably do Jungle Cruise first. Then Tiki Room.
  • Now check return time for IJ. If that return window has opened up, go on IJ. And do the same thing as before...after you scan your ticket the 1st time, go get another FP for another ride. I'd probably pick either Space Mtn, Star Tours (whichever of the 2 you didn't do previously) or BTMRR.
  • After IJ, do a hunger check on everybody. Anybody need a snack? Tiki Room is a good time to get a Dole Whip & eat while watching the show, by the way.
  • Ok, so after IJ (Indiana Jones), leave Adventureland and head over to New Orleans Square. Go on HM or Pirates. Then go on the other one (HM or Pirates) that you didn't go on first.
  • NOW your BTMRR return time has probably opened up. Or your Space Mtn or Star Tours return time. If you're going on BTMRR, go on that ride. Same routine as before...get another FP using Max Pass...Space Mtn or Star Tours, but the return time might be around 2 pm by this point, so consider that if you're taking an afternoon break at your hotel.
  • After BTMRR, it's probably about 11:30 am. Time to stop for lunch. Go eat somewhere in Critter Country (Hungry Bear...2nd floor right overlooking the water!), New Orleans Square (French Market - my favorite!) or Rancho del Zocalo.
  • After lunch, you could ride the Mark Twain or the Columbia Sailing Ship if that's not under refurbishment. Or take a boat over to Tom Sawyer's Island.
  • Then walk over to the train station at New Orleans Square. Take the train to Main Street station. Exit the park & go back to hotel for a break. (that's what we do anyway).
You'll be done with that by about 1:00 pm assuming you enter at 7 am EMH. 17-18 attractions by 1-2 pm.

Figure out what time you want to return to the parks...and then monitor FP return times on the app...and then pick the ride you want to FP while you're lounging around at your hotel (using Max Pass). So let's say that you decide that you want to have dinner in DCA and ride RSR. Here's how that would work...
  • Once you've gone on BTMRR around 11:30am-12:00 pm, check FP return times for RSR. Let's say you pick the FP when return window is at 5:30-6:30 pm.
  • Assuming you're staying w/in easy walking distance (i.e., on site hotel or off site on Harbor Blvd), plan on being in line about 5 pm at the DCA main gate.
  • Enter DCA & walk to Carsland. If any of the "streetmosphere" people are walking around on Buena Vista Street (Officer Blue, Molly Messenger), say hi to them. They're a lot of fun!
  • Check wait times for Luigi's & MAter's. If it's 20 min or less, get in line and go on it. Then get on RSR using your FP. Then have dinner at Flo's V-8 Café. If the weather is nice, sit outside so you can watch the cars race by. If you'd prefer to sit inside, 1 of the rooms has a huge window looking out over the RSR ride. I love that room.
  • After you go on RSR, get a FP for another attraction. Something at DCA or do a repeat of a favorite at DL. By this time of day, Space Mtn & Star Tours might be out of FP or their return times might be really late (like 10-11 pm).
  • At DCA after dinner, you could go to Animation Academy, Turtle Talk, and Ariel's. Check FP times for Toy Story Mania. Go on some rides on Paradise Pier (we usually skip most of Paradise Pier because we don't like many of those rides).
  • Hop back to DL if you're going to make a late night of it. I don't think the train or monorail runs during fireworks.

Last edited:

Thank you for this. I am so excited to go and I think we'll be just fine and I am excited to see how differently our days flow from DW which has to be planned so much. Is there somewhere that does have info about the highest priority rides and which Fast passes go quickest for? That would help a lot I think.

Good idea about us having top priorities even with snacks etc. We will def make some dining reservations at the 60 day mark. I know we want to do the plaza inn for a later breakfast around 10am. I am thinking about booking BBB for my daughter and my son to do the knights package. At DW I would try for a pre park open appointment but seems that at DL that doesn't work the same way. I wouldn't want to waste precious morning time on that but not schedule to late in day either .. So maybe we do that around noonish or 1 on the day that we don't do the Plaza Breakfast. Im thinking I'd try and do Plaza on the morning that is MM.
This post lists FP popularity; I’m not aware of a similar list for non-FP rides, but if you hang out on the app for awhile, you’ll get an idea of wait times. Spending time on the app is a fun way to anticipate your trip! https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...view-and-some-strategy.3726246/#post-60074882

If we are starting our day at DCA and don't have EMH, I prefer to start a DCA day on a Tues, Thurs or Sat. But sometimes that just doesn't work out, so I'd do this even on a day where we didn't have EMH (Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri). So for example, our family is going to DL in March of this year. DCA opening time is 8 am for the dates we'll be there.

• 7:30-7:45 am - in line at DCA main gate w/tickets in hand. We usually end up there 7:40-7:50 am.
  • 8:00 am - DCA park opens to regular park guests. After all tickets have been scanned, use MP on the Disneyland app to get a FP for RSR, Toy Story, or Soarin' (I'd probably pick Toy Story first). Walk to Carsland. Go on Luigi's & Mater's. We really hate the Guardians ride, so we skip that. Also aren't into roller coaster that go upside down, so we skip Incredicoaster.
  • After Luigi's & Mater's, take photopass pics in Carsland before going to Toy Story (assuming your return window has opened).
  • Use FP to go on Toy Story.
  • Then check FP return times for RSR & Soarin. Pick whichever is first. Go on Ariel's next.
  • After Ariel's, check FP return time for RSR or Soarin. You'll probably have some time to kill now. We usually go to Animation Academy & Turtle Talk next.
  • Now use your FP to go on RSR or Soarin.'
  • Check FP return times for RSR or Soarin' (whichever one you didn't pick earlier). If that works out with your schedule, get a FP for that ride.
  • If it's not too cold & you feel up for it (and you have ponchos), go on GRR.
  • Leave DCA and go over to DL now.
  • Get on train at Main Street station and take train to New Orleans Square. Then ride Pirates or HM. OR take a Main Street vehicle to the hub and then walk through Adventureland to Pirates or HM. Then ride Pirates or HM (whichever one you didn't do first).
  • Stop for lunch if you're hungry, based on what time it is. French Market since you'll be right there.
  • OR if you're not ready for lunch yet, go on the Winnie the Pooh ride and then eat lunch at Hungry Bear.
  • After lunch, if your RSR FP return window has opened up, get on the train at New Orleans Square and ride it to Main Street station (so you get to see the Primeival World section between Tomorrowland & Main Street station).
  • Exit Disneyland. Hop over to DCA.
  • Go to Carsland and ride RSR.
  • Exit DCA and walk to your hotel for a break.
  • When you return to DL after your break if it's REALLY busy that evening, go see Great Moments with Mr Lincoln on Main Street. That attraction is never full.
  • Then check Small World wait times. Get on train at Main Street station & take it to Fantasyland station. Get in standby line for Small World.
  • Eat dinner somewhere in DL.
  • Go on repeats of favorites @ DL.
  • Watch fireworks if that's on your list to do.
** EASIEST WAY TO MEET MICKEY MOUSE **
Be at the entrance to Toon Town 1 hour after REGULAR park opening. A couple of characters will meet you at the gate to Toon Town. Usually Goofy and Pluto or something like that. Walk to Mickey's house and meet him with probably a 5 min wait. The other main characters will likely be on the street in Toon Town. You can meet 1 or 2 of them also. Then go on Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin with minimal wait.

Be at the entrance to Toon Town 1 hour after REGULAR park opening. A couple of characters will meet you at the gate to Toon Town. Usually Goofy and Pluto or something like that. Walk to Mickey's house and meet him with probably a 5 min wait. The other main characters will likely be on the street in Toon Town. You can meet 1 or 2 of them also. Then go on Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin with minimal wait.

Thanks for sharing these great tips for meeting Mickey Mouse and riding Roger Rabbit without a wait! Never really thought about heading up there early, but that totally makes sense!

Lots of good advice here. I'd just like to add that you should ride Indiana Jones first thing or within the first 30 minutes of park opening. Indy has a tendency to go down a lot as the day moves on and when it goes down it stays down for a while. Indy has an amazing queue so take your time going through it.
I totally agree. :thumbsup2 Was going to post this myself earlier but was crunched for time. :goodvibes

:wizard:

LOL, I can attest to @Skyegirl1999 's scientific approach and was able to quickly tell she thinks a lot like I do. That she gets to DLR so often and posts what she sees is super helpful to all of us on this forum. I get there 1-3 times per year. I have pretty good observational abilities and have been able to go to DL/DLR for over 50 years now. I remember clearly my first trip right after I turned 3 years old! So my view is very big picture and trends over long times which hopefully helps people. But I have learned to trust @Skyegirl1999 when it comes to the details she provides. :thumbsup2

This post lists FP popularity; I’m not aware of a similar list for non-FP rides, but if you hang out on the app for awhile, you’ll get an idea of wait times. Spending time on the app is a fun way to anticipate your trip! https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...view-and-some-strategy.3726246/#post-60074882
I was going to suggest just this and then saw @Skyegirl1999 beat me to it. First, I agree with her and others posters here that you do not need to be anywhere near as concerned as you appear. But if it will help you gauge how things work, keep an eye out on the app.

Finally I will give a suggestion that was super helpful to me the first couple trips to WDW. I bought a RideMax subscription and I "test drove" different itineraries. I was not so much interested in getting a perfect touring plan. I just wanted to see how different ride groups I entered got prioritized by RM. I think it costs $10-15 and it may help you have some fun on trial and error and get a feel for how a day may unfold at DLR. As @Skyegirl1999 said in a PP, things change a lot from day to day and you have to be ready to roll with the punches. I remember the day about a year after CarsLand opened and I got to DCA super early and was at the very front of the rope at rope drop so we could hit RSR first. But they announced RSR was having problems and would not open at RD. So my handy dandy backup plan was to head to TSMM. As we walked over there and reach Paradise Pier (now Pixar Pier) the CMs said "TSMM is down and will open late". Wow! By first plan was out the door. And my backup plan was out the door. And all that effort to get to DCA and be at the front of rope drop was wasted and out the door. So I improvised. But it was quite upsetting to whatever plans I thought I had!

Last edited:
This post has been great. I am going to Disneyland for the first time the last week of February and it will also be the first time to Disney with my 2 year old. I have been worrying about most of the same issues as the original poster. We are planning to do EMH at Disneyland on Thursday. I keep reading different things about the order to do the rides. My biggest concern is that we will do the rides in the wrong order and get stuck in line for 1 or 2 rides the entire hour. My ideal scenario is to do most of the rides in fantasyland in the first 90 minutes, then get to toontown for opening since I know my 2 year old can't wait to meet Mickey. Is it realistic to cover most if not all of Fantasyland in the first 90 minutes? How would you decide whether to get in the Peter Pan line first or wait for later? Do you think the space mountain closure for refurb will significantly impact wait times for other rides? Thanks for your help!

...** EASIEST WAY TO MEET MICKEY MOUSE **

Other easy ways to meet Mickey & Minnie (and other Big 5 characters):
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, & Goofy are almost always hanging out in Town Square in DL. They do rotations throughout the day -- look in front of the Opera House, by the back door (by the eastern gateway) of Showcase, by the firehouse, by City Hall, by the churro cart, in front of the train station, etc. They are there in the evenings, too. If you have a multi-day trip, just look for times when the lines are short, then jump on in. If the line cuts off in front of you, speak nicely with the CMs to ask when you can get a turn. They can be very helpful, especially if you are very nice.
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip & Dale hang out on BVS in DCA. Again, they do rotations throughout the day -- look in front of Elias & Co., Trolley Treats, by the fountain, in front of CCR, etc. The outfits are different in DCA than the ones in DL. When you see a short line, jump on in! Characters in DCA may photobomb you, too -- this has never happened to us in DL, but does happen on BVS and at Carthay Circle. We find character M&Gs to be more casual and spontaneous in DCA, but M&Gs at DLR are just fun all around!

If we are starting our day at DCA and don't have EMH, I prefer to start a DCA day on a Tues, Thurs or Sat. But sometimes that just doesn't work out, so I'd do this even on a day where we didn't have EMH (Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri). So for example, our family is going to DL in March of this year. DCA opening time is 8 am for the dates we'll be there.

• 7:30-7:45 am - in line at DCA main gate w/tickets in hand. We usually end up there 7:40-7:50 am.
  • 8:00 am - DCA park opens to regular park guests. After all tickets have been scanned, use MP on the Disneyland app to get a FP for RSR, Toy Story, or Soarin' (I'd probably pick Toy Story first). Walk to Carsland. Go on Luigi's & Mater's. We really hate the Guardians ride, so we skip that. Also aren't into roller coaster that go upside down, so we skip Incredicoaster.
  • After Luigi's & Mater's, take photopass pics in Carsland before going to Toy Story (assuming your return window has opened).
  • Use FP to go on Toy Story.
  • Then check FP return times for RSR & Soarin. Pick whichever is first. Go on Ariel's next.
  • After Ariel's, check FP return time for RSR or Soarin. You'll probably have some time to kill now. We usually go to Animation Academy & Turtle Talk next.
  • Now use your FP to go on RSR or Soarin.'
  • Check FP return times for RSR or Soarin' (whichever one you didn't pick earlier). If that works out with your schedule, get a FP for that ride.
  • If it's not too cold & you feel up for it (and you have ponchos), go on GRR.
  • Leave DCA and go over to DL now.
  • Get on train at Main Street station and take train to New Orleans Square. Then ride Pirates or HM. OR take a Main Street vehicle to the hub and then walk through Adventureland to Pirates or HM. Then ride Pirates or HM (whichever one you didn't do first).
  • Stop for lunch if you're hungry, based on what time it is. French Market since you'll be right there.
  • OR if you're not ready for lunch yet, go on the Winnie the Pooh ride and then eat lunch at Hungry Bear.
  • After lunch, if your RSR FP return window has opened up, get on the train at New Orleans Square and ride it to Main Street station (so you get to see the Primeival World section between Tomorrowland & Main Street station).
  • Exit Disneyland. Hop over to DCA.
  • Go to Carsland and ride RSR.
  • Exit DCA and walk to your hotel for a break.
  • When you return to DL after your break if it's REALLY busy that evening, go see Great Moments with Mr Lincoln on Main Street. That attraction is never full.
  • Then check Small World wait times. Get on train at Main Street station & take it to Fantasyland station. Get in standby line for Small World.
  • Eat dinner somewhere in DL.
  • Go on repeats of favorites @ DL.
  • Watch fireworks if that's on your list to do.

Wow thank you so much for these break downs. It really helps me see how a day can go!!!

• Watch fireworks if that's on your list to do...
Put fireworks on your list early in your trip. The current show, MMM, has had digital projections every night and fireworks on weekends only. During Spring Break, the show might have fireworks nightly -- we don't know yet. But fireworks at DLR can get cancelled fairly often due to unsafe wind conditions. DLR is surrounded by residential areas and a major freeway -- fire laws are strict and the fire marshall decides whether fireworks can go on or not. So try to see the show early in your trip -- if the fireworks part of the show gets cancelled (the projections will still go on), you'll still have other nights to try to see them again. We've had posters who've waited until their last night, had the show get cancelled, then missed out on fireworks altogether.

Put fireworks on your list early in your trip. The current show, MMM, has had digital projections every night and fireworks on weekends only. During Spring Break, the show might have fireworks nightly -- we don't know yet. But fireworks at DLR can get cancelled fairly often due to unsafe wind conditions. DLR is surrounded by residential areas and a major freeway -- fire laws are strict and the fire marshall decides whether fireworks can go on or not. So try to see the show early in your trip -- if the fireworks part of the show gets cancelled (the projections will still go on), you'll still have other nights to try to see them again. We've had posters who've waited until their last night, had the show get cancelled, then missed out on fireworks altogether.

Ok good to know. What are the shows called? Are the before or after F!? Only at DL? The shows kinda confuse me right now because most are not running right now right? But possible they will be back up in April.

The fireworks/projections show in DL is called Mickey's Mix Magic (about 11 minutes long). Votes right now for best viewing are Main Street and IASW. You can view it from your F! viewing area after the first show -- the projections will show on the water screens on the ROA and you'll see the fireworks, but it will look a little different in each viewing location. So try to see it on Main Street or from IASW another night if you can -- it's a fun, short show -- the kids dance to the music -- lots of energy.
MMM is running now. Soundsational parade in DL is running now (twice a day) -- this is a charming parade -- try to see it! F! will be back March 8th.
WOC is not running in DCA right now -- fingers crossed it will be back at earliest by mid-April, latest Memorial Day. If it's back by your trip, see it! It's a great show and there's nothing else really like it! (If you can book the WOC Dessert Party, even better!)

This post has been great. I am going to Disneyland for the first time the last week of February and it will also be the first time to Disney with my 2 year old. I have been worrying about most of the same issues as the original poster. We are planning to do EMH at Disneyland on Thursday. I keep reading different things about the order to do the rides. My biggest concern is that we will do the rides in the wrong order and get stuck in line for 1 or 2 rides the entire hour. My ideal scenario is to do most of the rides in fantasyland in the first 90 minutes, then get to toontown for opening since I know my 2 year old can't wait to meet Mickey. Is it realistic to cover most if not all of Fantasyland in the first 90 minutes? How would you decide whether to get in the Peter Pan line first or wait for later? Do you think the space mountain closure for refurb will significantly impact wait times for other rides? Thanks for your help!
For PP: if you are not in the first group of people in line, i.e. your wait is more than 15 minutes on a MM, skip it until later. Just keep watching the app for a time when the line drops to 30 minutes or less -- or just get some good snacks, wait it out, and have some good bonding time in line. It's not worth the stampede and stress trying to be first in line for that ride. It's a lovely ride and should be enjoyed, but you can come back to it any time later in the day. :)
This thread has interesting information on various ways to do and not do PP: Don’t Do This at Rope Drop - Peter Pan.
Don't waste your MM on Nemo, either. Charming ride, SLOW loader, not always open first thing on a MM anyway -- keep watching the app and come back later. We ride at night so we won't get sunburned in the line -- there's no shade for that line until you get right up to loading.
With good planning, you can do a lot of rides in FL during that MM. And now that IASW has FP/MP, you can book a return time for that later so that you don't have to use MM time for that unless you want to do so.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter