Must eats at Disneyland.

I have to add a Mickey Rice Krispie treat covered in some sort of chocolate or sprinkles!

The fried chicken from the Plaza Inn and a corn dog from the corn dog castle or little red wagon are always at the top of my list.

Alas, I got my cholesterol checked just before our last trip earlier this month. My cholesterol was at 234! Sadly, I didn't have either of my favorites while we were there. :( Turning over a new leaf... I may never have the Plaza fried chicken ever again. :mad:

I think I'm most happy about them finally having good tasting coffee in the parks. I'm not a huge Starbucks fanatic (GASP...what kind of Canadian am I?!) but its so much better than anything you could find there before it came in. DH and I were dying our first trip there without real coffee.
:scared1: That terrifies me. We're well-known in Wellington (New Zealand) for being total coffee snobs and "we" sneer at Starbucks as being bad quality coffee. My husband is going to go into serious caffeine withdrawals if Starbucks is the best he's going to be able to get :rotfl:

Churro and dole whip for sure. I've never waited in line for Bengal bbq because it is alway so long, but I'm dying to try it one day. I'm also dying to try the garlic Parmesan pomme frites at the Orleans cafe this time around.

The hot link corn dogs from DCA! :lovestruc Drooling just thinking about it! The chicken at the Plaza Inn is another most do for me too. Now I REALLY want to go back!!!!!!

I like the soup in the bread bowls at Harbor Galley
Mint Julip
GUMBO!!! Although it is usually too spicy for me :(
Fried Chicken at Plaza Inn

Anything from the Pooh Corner Bake Shop!!!

:scared1: That terrifies me. We're well-known in Wellington (New Zealand) for being total coffee snobs and "we" sneer at Starbucks as being bad quality coffee. My husband is going to go into serious caffeine withdrawals if Starbucks is the best he's going to be able to get :rotfl:

I don't drink coffee, so I don't really know the difference. But I know a lot of people prefer Pete's over Starbucks. There's a Pete's inside Hagen Daas in DTD. Plus the GCH bar has a coffee bar in the morning too. Hope that helps!

We have found that most US coffee is very weak, especially in the south. For us Canadians that love a smooth, dark coffee, it's pretty much undrinkable. I prefer many other coffee types over Starbucks (we have TONS of local coffee manufacturers where I live which are fabulous) but honestly, it's the best option in Disney, or you can may as well just dye your water brown :goodvibes. Never tried Pete's though, which I see someone else recommended. We stayed at the Ramada Maingate one year and they actually had decent coffee at the coffee shop on their property. Was fabulous to pick one up (at half the price of Starbucks) on our walk in every morning.

We have found that most US coffee is very weak, especially in the south. For us Canadians that love a smooth, dark coffee, it's pretty much undrinkable. I prefer many other coffee types over Starbucks (we have TONS of local coffee manufacturers where I live which are fabulous) but honestly, it's the best option in Disney, or you can may as well just dye your water brown :goodvibes. Never tried Pete's though, which I see someone else recommended. We stayed at the Ramada Maingate one year and they actually had decent coffee at the coffee shop on their property. Was fabulous to pick one up (at half the price of Starbucks) on our walk in every morning.

Peet's isn't going to impress a true coffee snob, but it's head and shoulders above Starbucks for sure!

Ah, thanks for the coffee tips, guys :) Much appreciated. Forewarned is forearmed :coffee: I'll try to lower my husband's expectations and maybe he will be pleasantly surprised. Or maybe he will just have to make do with Starbucks until we get to the Canadian leg of our travels :)

Having serious cravings though reading about all the divine food options! Great thread.

The pomme frites at Cafe Orleans as well as their gumbo. A corn dog from little red wagon or stage door cafe. Dole whip Float.

ooooooh

See, all this time I've been hearing about Tiger Tails I thought they were just breadsticks from Bengal BBQ (Deb's site has them on the menu). I had no idea they were marshmallowy thingies!

Tiger tails are the grilled bread from BBBQ. Which I love.

Tigger tails are the marshmallow/carmel/sugar sprinkle things from Pooh Corner. Which I dislike but DD4 always picks because she forgets she doesn't like them and then DH ends up feeling obligated to eat a few bites before we toss them. I don't get the appeal.... :confused3 But that's what makes the world go round!

For me:

Churros!!!! Many, many times!!
Corn dog from Little Red Wagon
Beignets
Pickle
Chili from the Cozy Cone
Chimichanga
Cream cheese pretzel

Well, for a completely different fav, we are crazy about the corn chowder at Storyteller's in the GCH. Love the corn dog truck on Main Street, but the line is always long and slow. The English toffee from the candy shop is sooooo excellent. This year I will buy two trays so when I eat the one I am supposed to take home at the hotel, I will still have another tray to really take home!!

these are some items I have not yet tried, but have heard so many people say they are sooo good, that they are now on my must try list for next trip:

Bengal BBQ - especially the Bacon wrapped asparagus
Tigger Tails, chocolate pineapple, and candy apples from poohs corner
pomme Frites (fries) and mickey beignets from Café Orleans
Fried chicken dinner from Plaza inn
Baked potatoe soup and fried pickles from Carnation café

want to try most of the food items from the Cozy Cone
Coca-Cola pork loin or citrus turkey dinner from Flo's diner
Anything from Ghiradelli icecream
hand-dipped icecream or kitchen sink sundae from Clarabelles

items I have tried and are a must have:
dole whip
mickey icecream bar or mickey icecream sandwhich from the cart
turkey leg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter