HairyChest

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone, it’s come that time where I’m planning all my restaurant reservations and Quickservice meals/snacks for my upcoming trip to Disney World (end of September) and even though I’ve been many times there’s always food that I have yet to try and I just wanted to see what everyone’s must eats are.

I’ve been doing a lot of research and watching YouTube videos and I came across a recent long video with a ton of food reviewed that I added to my list but the more the merrier!
If you know of any other good videos or pictures in addition to your own recommendations & reviews of food please share!!
I will be there for 2 weeks so I have alot of time to try things.

We ate at Bluezoo our last trip and it was so good. The best Disney meal we had. The tuna tacos just melted in our mouths.
I agree Bluezoo was the best meal of our last trip. I had the red snapper and my husband had the tuna both were amazing! Flying Fish was a close second, I had the scallops my husband had the seafood pearl pasta. Lighting was dark so not the best photos.

Photos:
Scallops - Flying Fish
Seafood pearl pasta - Flying Fish
Red Sapper - Bluezoo
Tuna - Bluezoo
IMG_8654.jpegIMG_8655.jpegIMG_8541.jpegResized_20221212_193810.jpeg

Topolinos breakfast at Riviera, particularly the steak entree (photo below)

20230728_114652.jpg

Connections Eatery at Epcot: Pizza is SO GOOD and such a great deal. May they never get rid of this pizza. Also, the Nicoise Salad is fantastic. 2 people could split one salad and one order of pizza (comes with 2 giant slices) very easily.

Captain Cook's at Polynesian: Pan Fried noodles with vegetables and chicken is tasty and filling.

Kona Cafe To Go at Poly: Ohana Bread pudding. Nuff said. Comes with vanilla ice cream (not pictured).

20230731_184534.jpg

Gasparilla Grill at GF: Blackened chicken sandwich and house made chips. Delicious meal.

Pizza Ponte at Disney Springs: Great pizza by the slice (they are HUGE) and great salads as well.

Ale and Compass at Yacht Club: wonderful breakfast. The "buffet" option for $23 is a STEAL. Bring your appetite!

These were the best things we ate last week. The majority of CS food at WDW was sub par, at best. The fries were consistently awful across parks/resorts. They ALWAYS tasted a day old and were stale, hard, and cold. Always. I don't know why they can't get fries right.

Its on my list!
We ate at Bluezoo our last trip and it was so good. The best Disney meal we had. The tuna tacos just melted in our mouths.
I agree Bluezoo was the best meal of our last trip. I had the red snapper and my husband had the tuna both were amazing! Flying Fish was a close second, I had the scallops my husband had the seafood pearl pasta. Lighting was dark so not the best photos.

Photos:
Scallops - Flying Fish
Seafood pearl pasta - Flying Fish
Red Sapper - Bluezoo
Tuna - Bluezoo
View attachment 783594View attachment 783595View attachment 783597View attachment 783598
Wow great pictures. I haven’t even thought of Bluezoo since it’s not Disney but looks delicious! I’ll check out the menu now.

Topolinos breakfast at Riviera, particularly the steak entree (photo below)

View attachment 783652

Connections Eatery at Epcot: Pizza is SO GOOD and such a great deal. May they never get rid of this pizza. Also, the Nicoise Salad is fantastic. 2 people could split one salad and one order of pizza (comes with 2 giant slices) very easily.

Captain Cook's at Polynesian: Pan Fried noodles with vegetables and chicken is tasty and filling.

Kona Cafe To Go at Poly: Ohana Bread pudding. Nuff said. Comes with vanilla ice cream (not pictured).

View attachment 783653

Gasparilla Grill at GF: Blackened chicken sandwich and house made chips. Delicious meal.

Pizza Ponte at Disney Springs: Great pizza by the slice (they are HUGE) and great salads as well.

Ale and Compass at Yacht Club: wonderful breakfast. The "buffet" option for $23 is a STEAL. Bring your appetite!

These were the best things we ate last week. The majority of CS food at WDW was sub par, at best. The fries were consistently awful across parks/resorts. They ALWAYS tasted a day old and were stale, hard, and cold. Always. I don't know why they can't get fries right.
Thanks for all the recommendations! The Topolinos price for breakfast turned me off when I read about it during opening ( we don’t care for characters).
I never knew Ale & Compass had a buffet option! Definitely looking into that.
That video shoewd the kids meal pizza at Connections and it was a HUGE slice so I can imagine how much food 2 of those would be for the adult pizza portion.

Its on my list!

Wow great pictures. I haven’t even thought of Bluezoo since it’s not Disney but looks delicious! I’ll check out the menu now.

Thanks for all the recommendations! The Topolinos price for breakfast turned me off when I read about it during opening ( we don’t care for characters).
I never knew Ale & Compass had a buffet option! Definitely looking into that.
That video shoewd the kids meal pizza at Connections and it was a HUGE slice so I can imagine how much food 2 of those would be for the adult pizza portion.

The steak entree at Topolinos is worth far more than $45. As far as character meals go, this one is pretty upscale and low key with the characters. I liked it a lot and I generally can't stand Character meals. For the record, the youngest in our party was 17. We all really enjoyed this meal. It was the best of our trip. It was more of a brunch for us. We went at 11am.

Personally, I've had some fantastic dining experiences at Disney, but my advice is to check the worst fast food restaurant first. This way, you can avoid any potential disappointments and make the most of your magical dining experiences. Some of my favorites include the iconic Dole Whip at Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom and the mouthwatering churros you can find throughout the parks.

Last edited:
I need to finally try the Liege waffle at Connections. That is my priority food goal for my November trip. And I do agree, that pizza there is nice.

Boma was on my list as a must do, but the last time I was there it was disappointing. My next trip will also be the first one where Tusker House falls off. I think. I have said that before and still booked a last night reservation because 'its tradition'.

I think on would like to try front based on reviews and desires;

Regal Eagle
Chefs de France
Shula's
Geysar Point

Return to
Topolino's
Steakhouse 71

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter