Must do's??

Are you staying onsite?
If so try to book a Fantasyland Breakfast as it means you can enter the park an hour before official opening,have your breakfast in the park and be first to ride the attractions in Fantasyland.
We just got back and having done the breakfast I would definitely recommend it.A lot of these rides have long queues by mid-morning especially Peter Pan, Dumbo and the Mad Hatter Tea Cups,but we did them within 5 minutes of each other.
Pirates of the Caribbean is very dimly lit and has a couple of small drops so it might be worth you going on first to see what you think.The same applies to Phantom Manor.My boys hated these rides when we first took them on about 3 years ago because of the dark,but now they love them both.
You could easily spend most of your day in Fantasyland alone,it really depends how busy the park is and how much time you spend queueing.
You won't need more than half a day at the Studios as there isn't as much to keep the little ones amused.The parade there is good and you don't have to stake out a viewing spot hours in advance.We entered the park just as it started and got a great view with no problem.
I'd avoid Armageddon as it is really not suitable for young kids.I chose to ignore the advise in Simon Veness's book and took my 8 and 6 year old boys on it and it frightened the life out of them.Never again!!

tmp said:
Are you staying onsite?
If so try to book a Fantasyland Breakfast as it means you can enter the park an hour before official opening,have your breakfast in the park and be first to ride the attractions in Fantasyland.
We just got back and having done the breakfast I would definitely recommend it.A lot of these rides have long queues by mid-morning especially Peter Pan, Dumbo and the Mad Hatter Tea Cups,but we did them within 5 minutes of each other.
Pirates of the Caribbean is very dimly lit and has a couple of small drops so it might be worth you going on first to see what you think.The same applies to Phantom Manor.My boys hated these rides when we first took them on about 3 years ago because of the dark,but now they love them both.
You could easily spend most of your day in Fantasyland alone,it really depends how busy the park is and how much time you spend queueing.
You won't need more than half a day at the Studios as there isn't as much to keep the little ones amused.The parade there is good and you don't have to stake out a viewing spot hours in advance.We entered the park just as it started and got a great view with no problem.
I'd avoid Armageddon as it is really not suitable for young kids.I chose to ignore the advise in Simon Veness's book and took my 8 and 6 year old boys on it and it frightened the life out of them.Never again!!

Hi,
I am staying at the Holiday Inn, so I guess I won't be able to book a fantasyland breakfast?

Is Armageddon any good for adults?

Cheers
Simon

Simon - unfortunately you can't book Fantasyland Breakfast if you are at the Holiday Inn.

I can't help with Armagaeddon as I've never done it, sorry!

Armageddon is a brief SFX show, with an intro how the effects were done in the movie. Then you enter the MIR Space Station as in the movie and you relive the scene when the astroids hit the station.

Simon
Armageddon didn't do much for me - again down to individual choice but having said that it is the only ride that we have ever had to take our child out of via the quick exit - he was scared to death so I guess I was somewhat distracted.

You are wise to warn your youngster. When I was last there some mad woman was forcing her son kicking and screaming and clearly terrified to go down into the dungeon. "You are missing the show" she kept saying but the poor kiddie was petrified. I thought about the miserable day she was now going to have with a distressed and frightened child. Doubtless he'd refuse to go on anything else in case it was scarey. What was the point of dragging him down there?

NiK

That mad woman wasn't me , honest !

DS has always been up for everything, but Armageddon got the better of him.

Dee8197 said:
I forgot the Railroad - its a great place to have a rest from the pace of the park and see the different lands. We usually do the full circuit in one go. Sorry can't answer your question re maps although you will be able to get a map of each park as you enter with times of shows and parades ect listed

Everyone has great suggestions so far. I also like the Railroad, but I do have one suggestion to add to it. Do not get the Railroad at the Frontierland station unless the train is already there. The farm at Frontierland is near the station, and many chickens go to the railroad station. Chickens do what chickens do, so the place tends to smell a bit...okay, that's not quite true- the place STINKS. :rotfl: Not a problem at the other railroad stations, of course. ::MinnieMo

Dee8197 said:
NiK

That mad woman wasn't me , honest !

DS has always been up for everything, but Armageddon got the better of him.

Glad to hear that! Can you imagine what kind of a day that child was going to have, miserable and terrified that everything his Ma took him on was trying to get him. She should have let it be, IMHO and tried later when he wasn't so scared. This was at 9.30 so she would have had an entire day of a sniveling fed up youngster.

Have to agree with all the comments on Armageddon I wouldn't do it again - the intro I found incredibly tedious and as with the others I had to comfort my normally very brave little boy, loves POTC, BTM, PM - he was scared witless by it. I wish I'd realised there was a quick exit.
Thought it worth mentioning that Snow White does get a little scary too, especially when you go through the forest, not enough to avoid the ride - she'll love the rest of it, but worth being prepared. :flower:

NIK said:
Glad to hear that! Can you imagine what kind of a day that child was going to have, miserable and terrified that everything his Ma took him on was trying to get him. She should have let it be, IMHO and tried later when he wasn't so scared. This was at 9.30 so she would have had an entire day of a sniveling fed up youngster.

Quite agree Nik :)

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions - very useful. I may be back with a few further questions a bit later.

Si

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter