Must do's??

sgrech

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I am spending 2.5 days at the parks at the end of june. Given my limited time I would be grateful for people's must do's whilst I am there. I am travelling with wife and 2 young children (1 and 5).

Cheers
Simon

My recommendations would be
Pirates of the Caribbean - a must
The Indiana Jones ride if you like roller coasters
the Steam Boats if they are repaired and running when you go
Peter Pan's Flight - I didn't manage to get on this one last time but I'm told it's worth the wait!
a Small World
Nautilus - I really enjoyed the theming on that one.

I didn't go to Phantom Manor but I gather from all I've heard that it comes highly recommended.

In the Studios Park definitely the Tram Tour and the Stunt Show Spectacular

I'm sure others will have rides to recommend but these are the ones I would make a beeline for

Hi,

Fantasyland, Fantasyland, Fantasyland :rotfl: :rotfl:

Okay lets go:

Peter Pan,
Teacups
Its a Small World
Dumbo
Storybookland
Casey jr.
Caroussel de Lancelot
Pinochio
Snowwhite
Autopedia

at the WDS
Flying Carpets
Animagique

Greets Renate :wizard:

Rockin' Roller Coaster,
Indiana Jones is tame now it goes forwards
POTC
PM
Motor Stunt Show in Studios
Honey I shrunk the audience
Cinemagique

petr pan, pinoccio, snow white and Le pays du contes de fees for the little ones
A parade

Berwyn

Is your 5 year old a boy or girl? A boy might like the dragon under Sleeping Beauty's Castle and a girl would probably like to see what's upstairs in the castle! :)

Bexx said:
Is your 5 year old a boy or girl? A boy might like the dragon under Sleeping Beauty's Castle and a girl would probably like to see what's upstairs in the castle! :)

I've been showing my DD who is 3 & a half some of the pics in the gallery & she can't wait to see the dragon! I have explained to her that its a fierce dragon that blows smoke etc, but she still wants to see it. :rotfl:

Good point Morveryn! I wasn't trying to be sexist - in fact my elder DD is fascinated by the dragon too!!

For the little ones: Animagique (it will get dark, but not scary dark) and the Flying Carpets at the Studios. Dumbo at the Disneyland park has always a very long queing line, unlike the carpets!

It's a Small World and Pays des contes de Fées (Storybookland) are always fun to do too.

Be sure to stroll behind the castle around 11 am / noon. Princess characters should come out by then.

Some visual help:

Animagique:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/wds/animationcourtyard/animagique.php

Flying Carpets over Agrabah:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/wds/animationcourtyard/carpets.php

Dumbo:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/dlp/fantasyland/dumbo.php

It's a Small World:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/dlp/fantasyland/smallworld.php

Storybookland:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/dlp/fantasyland/contesdefees.php

Hi Simon

given the age of your troop I'd agree with Renate Fantasyland is going to be your most popular land in the park. I'd think about hiring stroller for 5 year old (assuming you are taking your own for 1 year old) as you'll do a lot of walking.

Must dos - buy autograph book, take every opportunity to get photos with characters, get to the park early and walk on to Dumbo and Peter Pan (in the afternoon 45min/1hour is not unusual), go for character meal.

Have a wonderful time, you know you'll be back to do the bigger rides when they are more grown up :sunny:

Reid

My children at that age loved the parade! I agree with everything else listed so far as well :)

raptor1982 said:
Animagique (it will get dark, but not scary dark)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Oh no, I can just hear the little kids saying that now as they introduce the show. Is it sad that I recognised that line from the show?! (Can I get extra points in the quiz or something?!)

I think Fantasyland is the best bets for kids of 1 & 5, a character meal would be great and I definitely agree you should watch a parade.

Rhiannon :wizard:

Hi

Given the ages of your children I'd go with Renate on this one. Of course its all personal taste. My son was 23 months old on his first trip to WDW, he is now 8 and been to both WDW and DLP and he still HATES POTC, it scares the pants off him ! He loves the Casey Junior train at DLP and the Labrinth, he also loves Small World and Peter Pan. Fantasy land is a must, and the little kids I know all love the Parades. My DS also loves the shows but I don't know if he's typical. At 23months he loved the Characters and the character meals too ( still does, don't we all ?):scared1: :hyper:

Thanks for all your comments - very helpfull. Out of the rides attractions would my 5 yr old daughter be able to go onto most of them? Or put another way which are adult only ones? I am certain that my daughter will adore fantasyland, how much of our 2.5 days (roughly) do you think I should allocate to this area.

Cheers
Simon

oh one other thing, where is the best place online to see a map of the park.

Thanks

I forgot the Railroad - its a great place to have a rest from the pace of the park and see the different lands. We usually do the full circuit in one go. Sorry can't answer your question re maps although you will be able to get a map of each park as you enter with times of shows and parades ect listed

Hi

I think the only rides your daughter wouldn't be able to go on would be the ones with minimum height requirement - I guess this would just be the roller coasters. I've seen young kids on Big Thunder Mountain so it's probably just the upside down coasters (Indiana Jones, Space Mountain and Rock n Rollercoaster) which she wouldn't be able to go on. Obviously some rides may not be suitable for her (depending on how brave she is!) but I would guess the roller coasters are the only ones with restrictions.

Rhiannon :wizard:

Perhaps PM might be too scary for little ones especially when the lights go out.

Berwyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter