Mr Potato Head- Once upon a Toy

I remember seeing them in a shop in Animal Kingdom but unfortunately I don't recall which one.

I remember seeing them at one of the shops in Dinoland, USA. I believe it was Chester & Hester's Dinosaur Treasures.

If you fill up on just parts at DTD, Walgreens is a great place to purchase extra potato heads. They usually have 3 heads (with parts) for $13.

Just got back. Not in DinoLand anymore. The CM told me it's only at DTD anymore...bummer.

Can anyone tell me how much stuff the giant potato head holds, compared to the boxes? It sounds like it costs roughly twice as much, but if it holds significantly more than twice as much, it might be worth doing it that way. I have 4 kids and I *might* consider letting each of them get a box of parts, depending on what the choices are, but it might be cheaper to just get one giant potato head. My husband is a master at packing a ton of crap into tiny spaces, so i think we'll be able to do well.

so excited from reading this thread and seeing all the parts that i didnt get when i got my box full at AK years ago. My DD2 loves Mr Potato head time as part of her bedtime routine and i wanted to get some more when we go in Nov. Two posts up says Dinoland does not have the Mr Potato head parts anymore! Can anyone confirm this, since that was Feb of last year? What about in Toontown? We were not planning on going to DTD.

We were ther in January and we got the giant potato head full of parts. That was/is an amazing souvenir. The kids play with the potato heads all the time and it's fun for the adults, too. My only complaint is that they had incomplete sets of parts, like there were Buzz Lightyear pants, but no other parts and Cruella Deville hair, but nothing else, etc. The next time we go, I definitely want to go back to see if they've gotten any new parts.

If you buy the head when you are there, you can...

1. But the head separately out of the box (I heard it was $5, but don't hold me to that)

2. pack the potato full and put it kitty-corner across the bottom of the box (cm showed me)

There are parts like the teacup ride that are soft that will almost fold in half

and i was so excited to read about My Little Pony that is the same idea as the potato heads, only to read that it was discontinued... until last night i found a page from disneyworld that says they are back! We are going to make a special trip to DTD to get these.

disneypolybride2008 said:
so excited from reading this thread and seeing all the parts that i didnt get when i got my box full at AK years ago. My DD2 loves Mr Potato head time as part of her bedtime routine and i wanted to get some more when we go in Nov. Two posts up says Dinoland does not have the Mr Potato head parts anymore! Can anyone confirm this, since that was Feb of last year? What about in Toontown? We were not planning on going to DTD.

Toontown doesn't exist anymore... New Fantasylany takes up that space now. There are stores there, not sure if any of them carry Mr. Potato Head though.

Does anyone know whether the potato head parts can still be purchased somewhere in MK? I realize that they were previously sold in Toontown, but is there a store in Fantasyland that sells them now? We don't have time in Downtown Disney worked into our trip, but I really, really want potato head parts :)! They are always my kids' favorite souvenir.

We just got back from Disney and as far as we could find Potato Head is only at Once Upon a Toy in DTD....however My Little Pony was still gone. Not say it might be somewhere else and we missed it.....but I don't know where it would be. We were there for 2 weeks and went in pretty much all of the shops! However, as far as PH goes, we got the Buzz ride, and Ariel Fins, however I do agree with the person who posted previously that they are missing parts. We got one arm for Darth Vader or the Stormtrooper (I don't remember which) however the other one wasn't there. While it frustrated me, my nieces and nephews will love the new pieces....and that is what counts! :-)

We just did our first box filling at DTD last night for DD (4). We took DD to Once Upon a Toy two years ago and then again last night, but they didn't seem to have as much stuff there now as they did back then. Does anyone know how often they get new stuff? Is it only once every once in a while (like twice a year) or is it more often?

We just filled a box for my Potato Head obcessed son and it was actually a little challenging to find enough stuff that he wanted to fill a whole box. I was a little disappointed however they had lots of Star Wars inspired parts and my son was thrilled.

I would also love a current pic of offerings. Trying to complete some set from our 2009 visit and wondering how hopeful I should be. Star Wars was mentioned-we have Darth and Stormtrooper. We're there others (yoda?). And any Marvel?

I would also love a current pic of offerings. Trying to complete some set from our 2009 visit and wondering how hopeful I should be. Star Wars was mentioned-we have Darth and Stormtrooper. We're there others (yoda?). And any Marvel?

Sorry, no pictures, but we just filled a box last month.

They had storm trooper. I did not see any other Star Wars potato head parts though. They had the Buzz lightyear feet and outfit, but no hat. They also had the Buzz Lightyear "ship" you sit in on Space Ranger Spin. Other than that, it was a lot of the typical Disney parts (sorcerer hat, mickey ears, autograph book, pin lanyard, goofy hat, mickey hands, etc.) Then, some generic parts. I actually was a bit disappointed in the things like mouths and eyes. They had some weird mouths, but I'd have wanted just some normal smiles. No Marvel potato head parts to be seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter