Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (a completed Disneymoon TR!)

Goodbye, Animal Kingdom Lodge! Goodbye, Disneymoon!

Staying at the resort the day before worked out really well because we also had to pack all of our things in the suitcases. I'm very particular about NOT putting dirty clothes in the suitcases, so we did pick up some extra merchandise shopping bags from the gift shop to put the dirty clothes in that weren't yet washed. We didn't have too much though; we actually did more of the laundry there (although the dryers didn't dry the clothes completely) because we didn't yet have a washer/dryer at home. We would have to bring our clothes over to my parents' house to wash, so it was a great way to force ourselves to bring home clean clothes. I might be weird saying it, but I don't necessarily think that resort washers/dryers are the cleanest either, but I definitely think throwing it in the wash is cleaner than however dirty the shirts and shorts got from sitting on all the rides and the ground in the parks!

We did have to wake up fairly early in the morning to get the Magical Express. Since then, we still do the same thing in that we book the earliest flight possible that day because we know that there's no way we'd hit a park in the morning and then go back to the resort to catch ME. I'd be so nervous about getting back on time since there are those rare occasions where the buses aren't completely reliable. We also went back to just having our no-expiration tickets, so there's no way that we would waste a day on our ticket if we weren't planning on staying from open to close. Lastly, even though the flight itself is fairly short at just a little over 2 hours or so, waiting at the airport and getting luggage and getting home takes a while, so I like the idea of getting home earlier so that I don't feel as if we spent the ENTIRE day traveling. The feeling of traveling for an entire day can be reserved for the days we actually DO sit in the car for over 20 hours when we drive home when vacationing with my parents!

Of course, we were still extremely sad that we had to leave and that our Disneymoon was ending.

It wasn't just being away from work for over a week, but it was really the fun of finally being able to go on vacation by ourselves. I know a lot of couples go on vacation before they get married, but for the two of us, we saw that as something to reserve for our marriage only. It really made it extra special, and it might sound silly to a lot of DISers, but that's why we were thrilled to get on an airplane by ourselves and check in by ourselves and look for our hotel room by ourselves. We did go on vacation together beforehand, but that was with my parents and brother and then again with my cousins and our friends where we had a guys' room and a girls' room. So all the fun of being able to experience WDW just the two of us without worrying about matching our schedules with anyone else was leaving us!

However, this was unlike the previous two WDW vacations we went on together in that we wouldn't have to leave each other! I remember when he came with my family on vacation, and we had to drive him back home and drop him off before we could go home. I was super sad about that because it was such a treat seeing my best friend EVERY DAY as opposed to just twice a week on Saturdays for our date day and Sundays at church. That was definitely the light at the end of this sad tunnel because we would be together! Haha, I told Howard to smile here, and this face is what I got.

And even though we would have to take off our "Happily Ever After" buttons, I wouldn't have to take off my wedding ring! To this day, I still get excited every morning when I put my rings on before I head out. I hope that feeling never leaves me. I know I wrote about it in the beginning of this TR, but I absolutely LOVE my rings. Though they're not super fancy and the diamond in my e-ring is definitely not as big as the rings that both of my sisters-in-law have (mine is half a carat, and theirs are at LEAST a carat ... but if you combine my e-ring and wedding band, it's a carat!), I love it the way it is. I'm a simple girl, and I'm a huge fan of my simple rings! I think it's interesting when people who have huge e-rings don't wear them than often because they're afraid it'll get stolen. I can wear mine every day!

Of course, my rings are probably not the things you were looking at in that previous picture because my nails were HORRIBLE. Haha, since that trip, I have learned about base coat and top coat and have used them when I paint my nails. I actually have a rather large collection now once I knew how to do my nails the right way to make the color last. But the only thing that mattered was that the color lasted throughout the wedding, and in the pictures, no one can tell that I didn't pay for a manicure or pedicure! Yay for that! Haha, that $1.99 bottle of Sinful Colors nail polish that I had for YEARS (it was the only real dark color I had because the other two I had were translucent pink) was definitely worth it!

The bus arrived, and it was only the two of us and another small group of 3-4 getting on. I liked the bus driver, and I attempted to get a picture of him from the window, but then at that same second, he opened the ... huh, what is it called? It's not a trunk ... haha, the storage space under the bus ... yeah, that door thing. He opened it, and it blocked me.

This was my second attempt, but then he turned around to talk to that little boy, haha. Never mind!

Here we were feeling sad on the bus. Even now thinking about it and looking at the pictures, I'm saddened by it knowing we were heading back to reality! Haha, and we've had a few trips since then!

The bus had to pick up more guests, of course, especially since it's super empty. We headed to Pop Century and saw the huge crowd! Thankfully, we had gotten on the bus first, so we got to sit in the front and watch everything happen. I couldn't believe how packed it was in comparison to how empty it was for us at AKL! We've had two trips where we stayed at Pop and had a lot of people there (not as bad as this though), and it's fine because clearly Disney knows what to do, and it's not like there won't be enough room on the bus!

We also watched as the bus driver pulled a book out from behind the bench out front. I guess all the drivers have to write and keep record of times or something in that book.

Well, it took a lot longer for us to get going. There was a guy in a wheelchair that needed to get on the bus, so they tried lowering the wheelchair ramp in the back of the bus, but it just kept getting stuck and wouldn't hit the ground completely. Then it got stuck as they tried to get the ramp back up and into the bus, so there was no way that we would be moving soon.

We actually had to get off the bus as they called a new one to pick all of us up to get to the airport. When that happened, they let all the Pop Century people on first before we could get onboard, so in my mind, it felt as if it took forever. I guess that's why Disney forces you to take a really early bus before your flight! Even so, I was really nervous that we'd be late because it really took a LOT of time for all of this to be worked out. I did quickly snap a picture of 1980 because both of us were born in the 80s.

FINALLY we got on the bus! The screens were really nice and much bigger on that bus, and it clearly was a newer design. I think more of the buses are probably like this now as we've been on this kind since then.

PHEW, when we finally arrived, I kind of breathed a sigh of relief, but even then, I was STILL NERVOUS. We were there JUST in time. I wasn't feeling the greatest and needed to take Tylenol, so I did that with one of the remaining water bottles before we went through security. We actually had to bring home Vitamin Water and water bottles in our luggage, and I guess that was a cause for alarm because when we got home, there was the paper in there indicating that our stuff was searched.

We also went to the food court to pick up food for the flight because we knew we'd be hungry. I can't even remember if we ate anything for breakfast. I'm sure we ate something small because I wouldn't have been able to sit on the bus without having something in my stomach. The original plan was to get some Chik-fil-A and eat it in the food court, but the bus mishap took up too much time and we had no choice but to just pick up food and head straight to our gate. We chose Quiznos because we figured it would be the least fragrant on the plane. We didn't want the smell of food to bother anyone the way that Oscar and Andy brought egg salad sandwiches on the plane in The Office!

Although security itself always looks like such a MESS, I think the line moves pretty quickly considering how bad it looks just because there are so many separate lines. We waited for the fake-o-rail, which would be our last "ride" in Florida. I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but when I uploaded the video of riding this for the first time on the way to Disney, someone commented on it on YouTube that it was still a monorail and made me feel stupid for calling it a fake monorail! I commented back saying that we just called it that because in the eyes of Disney fans, the real monorail is on Disney property. The person ended up deleting the comment anyway, but I was just thinking like, wow, people on YouTube (and the internet, really) feel as if they can say anything without thinking about being nice about it!

Final "ride vehicle and track" type of picture?

Alas, another sad picture! Haha, Howard saw these pictures and said that I had made some sort of comment that we just had tons of sad pictures that day. Oh well, we couldn't help it!

We got to our gate and LITERALLY only had time to go to the bathroom before we had to get in line to board. There were absolutely NO seats at all in the area (why is the airport SO small with so few seats?!), so it was fine for us to stand until our rows were called and we took turns in the bathroom.

We sat near the back of the plane, and thankfully it was a short flight since it wasn't the most comfortable. Since then, we ALWAYS fly JetBlue. Too bad we didn't choose that for our honeymoon or we would've had some snacks and such! But we did have our wraps from Quiznos to eat. And yes, this is seriously the final picture that we took during our trip, haha. Food. And not even Disney food!

My parents were kind enough to pick us up from the airport after we got our luggage. They dropped us off at our apartment, and I think they gave us a few food items too since we definitely didn't have ANYTHING in our fridge since we only had one day in our apartment before we went on our Disneymoon. And thus, our Disneymoon was over! Thankfully, we both took off another day of work or going home would've felt even WORSE! We still had one day to kind of adjust to being at home (and get some groceries!) before we had to get hit with reality once more with work. I had less than a month of work left, so I knew I could push through it especially since the state tests were BEFORE our trip.

Though our Disney trip was over, we knew we'd have the rest of our lives together as husband and wife!

Souvenirs

Before we went on our trip, we made a conscious decision that we weren't going to be purchasing many souvenirs. The entire trip and staying on property for the first time and eating whatever we wanted at the restaurants without really worrying about cost was definitely fun in and of itself, so buying a lot of mementos wasn't necessary. That's part of why I ended up not buying the bride ears that I really wanted so much prior to the trip (you know, before I was hit with the heat and knew I wouldn't want something extra on my head AND when I had it in my hand and the price tag was real!). I did, however, come home with two things that I really liked!

The first item was these vinyl magnets that were made to look like the vintage tickets. Though I don't personally remember them myself, I still love all classic Disney things. The oldest tickets I remember that my family had were the paper ones where they'd actually stamp the date you were there at the park. I thought these were still pretty cool to have since we had our own fridge now and could put some magnets on it!

The other souvenir I bought was a new keychain! I've been using my WWJD keychain for my house keys for YEARS, possibly since high school. I would have happily gone on using that one because it's still in good shape, but I really wanted a new one and knew I'd probably be able to find one in Disney. How perfect is this one?! I felt it was an appropriate purchase for our Disneymoon to commemorate my new last name! Every time I take it out to open the door, I kind of chuckle that I bought an "F." In reality, I never actually changed my name on everything, haha. I just really like my familly last name! I did change it on Facebook though, so I guess that makes it slightly official because you know when you put something on Facebook, it's for real!

So now this trip report has officialy come to a close! I'm thrilled that I was able to complete another one, and this one was especially important for me. I really had such fun thinking about all the fun we had, especially our two meals at Sanaa, not having to rely on ANYONE to get to and from a park, and our nighttime EMH spent in MK. I loved walking hand in hand with my guy (haha even when our hands were sweaty and we felt sticky from the heat) and not having to go according to a schedule. It was definitely our most memorable Disney trip ever! Here's hoping we have many more ahead of us!

Thanks to all of the readers whether you commented or not. I'm especially happy about those who stuck by me throughout this LONG adventure because it did take me pretty much two years to write this! Hopefully, you've had fun reading my thoughts and all the random ramblings I like to include. Stay tuned ... when I start my new TR, I'll post the link here! And trust me, it'll be better because Howard's photography has greatly improved since our Disneymoon, haha.

I can't believe how much detail you remember after 2 years of writing this! Did you have very detailed notes to reference?

Having a no park day is always nice. Plus you were staying at a deluxe resort, might as well enjoy it!

Can't wait to read further TRs! :thumbsup2

I am so glad you finished this TR. I am not feeling well today and got to finish reading it. It brought back a lot of memories. I just got back from a trip to AKL for Mother's Day and it was amazing. It is my favorite hotel because I find it so relaxing. Looking forward to your next report.

I am taking a break from the mounds of school paperwork I have to do to check the DIS, and I find these closing the trip pictures. Magical Express is so fun going into Disney World and so not fun as it goes out. But, we always have another trip to look forward to, talk about, and plan for, so that makes the parting a bit easier. I enjoyed the report, when I was able to spend some DIS time.

Now that the honeymoon is over, is it time for me to make that WIlderness Lodge fountain visit? :rolleyes1 I'll be there seven weeks from tonight eating at Whispering Canyon, and I have plenty of change. :wave2:

So sad your trip report ended! Now you can post about your new one which I can't wait to read! Looks like you had a relaxing last day after having such a busy evening. Boma is definitely on my Disney bucket list! Everything looks so delicious and different than your typical buffet food. Plus our family has not stayed at AKL yet but it is our favorite resort to visit!

Great TR, Rachel! I'm glad you stuck with it and finished it, even if you have been to Disney a few times since then. :goodvibes Your last post summed it up so great, and made me remember our Disneymoon nearly 7 years ago. It was our first time traveling just the two of us, and it was so fun to have control of ALL of the plans for the first time ever.

Looking forward to your next TR adventure!

Glad you were able to finish writing your TR, I really enjoyed reading it. Hope you write another one soon!

Great TR!! Glad you came back and finished it!

That last day is SO sad, huh?! Although, seeing people arriving at the airport to start their trips always makes me smile a little (we were just there yesterday with sad faces, so I definitely feel your pain!) :hug:

hi Rachel
YEAH! you finished this TR, Thank you!!
I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into them, so I can understand why people abandon them...but, I'm always left wondering...'Gee, what happened'! LOL

Our Disneymoon was the first time my DH and I traveled together..we felt the same way, to save that for our marriage.....I don't think its silly at all! It really was exiting..and special.

Departure day is the sadest day EVER!!

Looking foward to your next TR!

I can't believe how much detail you remember after 2 years of writing this! Did you have very detailed notes to reference?

Having a no park day is always nice. Plus you were staying at a deluxe resort, might as well enjoy it!

Can't wait to read further TRs! :thumbsup2

It's funny because I felt that I didn't remember enough! No, I didn't take any notes during our Disneymoon at all. It's just all from pictures. I wish I had written stuff down because of the funny things that were heard or said, but alas, those are all long gone! For this past trip, I didn't take trip notes either, but at the end of the day, Howard and I just turned the video camera on us and talked about the day so that I do have a record of it so I can go back to it and write about it!

Very true! A deluxe resort is absolutely worth a no park day! I don't think I could take a no park day at Pop though as much as I love staying there. It's just dark and kind of boring, haha, and it also reminds me of how I got a terrible cold during our Christmas 2012 trip!

Thanks for sticking around!

I am so glad you finished this TR. I am not feeling well today and got to finish reading it. It brought back a lot of memories. I just got back from a trip to AKL for Mother's Day and it was amazing. It is my favorite hotel because I find it so relaxing. Looking forward to your next report.

Thank you! Aww, I hope that by now you are all better! I do the same thing and read TRs when I'm sick, and I also read TRs when I have to sit here and dry my hair for what takes forever.

How wonderful that you got to go to AKL for Mother's Day! Isn't it just so wonderful? Ahhh, I still miss it! I'm glad we love Sanaa so much because it "forces" us to go out of our way to get to those resorts, and we never regret it.

I am taking a break from the mounds of school paperwork I have to do to check the DIS, and I find these closing the trip pictures. Magical Express is so fun going into Disney World and so not fun as it goes out. But, we always have another trip to look forward to, talk about, and plan for, so that makes the parting a bit easier. I enjoyed the report, when I was able to spend some DIS time.

Now that the honeymoon is over, is it time for me to make that WIlderness Lodge fountain visit? :rolleyes1 I'll be there seven weeks from tonight eating at Whispering Canyon, and I have plenty of change. :wave2:

Yeah, even though we have to hop the unMagical Express, I know we will eventually have another trip ahead of us. Even though we don't have any plans for the future (we'll probably do Lancaster this summer instead), I know that that doesn't mean we will never go back. I sometimes forget how fortunate we are to be able to go on multiple trips as opposed to those families who save up for just that once in a lifetime trip.

Haha, umm, maybe hold off on that Wilderness Lodge fountain visit for us! We are still in our teeny-tiny studio apartment and cannot fit anything else. I can't even bring any of my books over from my parents' house, haha! Even besides that, we're still enjoying the idea that we can be "selfish" right now and do things like, sleep in on Saturdays, have spur of the moment dinners as opposed to planning out meals in advance, and watching Top Chef whenever we want! I know that all changes when the kiddies come although that's not to say I'm not also looking forward to the activities we can do once they show up in our lives!

So sad your trip report ended! Now you can post about your new one which I can't wait to read! Looks like you had a relaxing last day after having such a busy evening. Boma is definitely on my Disney bucket list! Everything looks so delicious and different than your typical buffet food. Plus our family has not stayed at AKL yet but it is our favorite resort to visit!

Yup, now I can move on to a new trip! I'm glad I had another one to write about once this one ended. Ooo, Boma is definitely worth the visit! I think the experience itself of trying all the different foods is just as good as my favorite dishes!

Great TR, Rachel! I'm glad you stuck with it and finished it, even if you have been to Disney a few times since then. :goodvibes Your last post summed it up so great, and made me remember our Disneymoon nearly 7 years ago. It was our first time traveling just the two of us, and it was so fun to have control of ALL of the plans for the first time ever.

Looking forward to your next TR adventure!

I have to say we're unbelievably spoiled now having been on trips by ourselves! I LOVE having the freedom to do whatever we want without worrying about anyone else! There's less meal planning for us too because we'll just eat whenever we want. It's so different going with others!

Hopefully, I'll get moving and start the next one soon!

Glad you were able to finish writing your TR, I really enjoyed reading it. Hope you write another one soon!

Thank you! I already got some of the beginning pictures organized already, so here's hoping it's soon!

Great TR!! Glad you came back and finished it!

That last day is SO sad, huh?! Although, seeing people arriving at the airport to start their trips always makes me smile a little (we were just there yesterday with sad faces, so I definitely feel your pain!) :hug:

Thank you! I'm thrilled I finished it too. Yeah, it definitely is nice seeing people ready to start their vacation too just because I felt the same way just a week ago or so! When we watch the live feeds on the Disney blog during the special events, it's kind of a little crazy to think, "Huh, that person standing right there is watching Wishes live right now." Just thinking that there are people RIGHT NOW enjoying all of my favorite rides is kind of insane! It kind of makes me a little happy too!

hi Rachel
YEAH! you finished this TR, Thank you!!
I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into them, so I can understand why people abandon them...but, I'm always left wondering...'Gee, what happened'! LOL

Our Disneymoon was the first time my DH and I traveled together..we felt the same way, to save that for our marriage.....I don't think its silly at all! It really was exiting..and special.

Departure day is the sadest day EVER!!

Looking foward to your next TR!

You're welcome! Thanks for sticking by me and this TR! I abandoned my first ever TR, and I'm upset that I never finished it, but that was way before I even anticipated writing them. Thereafter, I knew that I'd have to finish them even if it took me forever to do so. Phew! It really is a lot of work, but I completely agree with you that the ones that just end are kind of sad because I want to know how it ended! I save the TRs in a folder tabbed to the top of Chrome because then it saves it exactly on the page I last read. On days I have time to go through them, I wonder when it's time to delete a thread from the list because it's been so long since the writer returned!

I have to say that I'm happy to hear that others also saved the first couple vacation for marriage. I thought for a second about writing it because I know most others DON'T feel that way, but I figured I wrote a ton of other random things too in this that it was clearly just my thoughts about things. Even though there's nothing in the Bible that says anything about going on vacation together, haha, it was a personal conviction for us for our own relationship with each other and also as a testimony to others especially those younger than us in our church. It really did make our Disneymoon extra special! Every other vacation thereafter has been AMAZING as well, but the honeymoon really is exciting!

Hopefully, I'll start the next TR soon! I think it's the intro that always makes me stop and pause. I don't want it to be boring, haha.

I missed the conclusion of your TR because of a brief DIS absence, but I will be back tonight to get all caught up. Always sad to see a fun TR come to an end! :goodvibes

Haha, umm, maybe hold off on that Wilderness Lodge fountain visit for us! We are still in our teeny-tiny studio apartment and cannot fit anything else. I can't even bring any of my books over from my parents' house, haha! Even besides that, we're still enjoying the idea that we can be "selfish" right now and do things like, sleep in on Saturdays, have spur of the moment dinners as opposed to planning out meals in advance, and watching Top Chef whenever we want! I know that all changes when the kiddies come although that's not to say I'm not also looking forward to the activities we can do once they show up in our lives!

Okay, I'm putting your quarters back in the piggy bank for now.
Just let me know.... :laughing:

I missed the conclusion of your TR because of a brief DIS absence, but I will be back tonight to get all caught up. Always sad to see a fun TR come to an end! :goodvibes

Yeah, it's definitely a sad thing when a TR ends, but I did start the newest one!

Okay, I'm putting your quarters back in the piggy bank for now.
Just let me know.... :laughing:

Haha, thanks! I'll let you know when those quarters are needed :)

Yippee for Honeymoons!!! It is sad to go home from that special time. But I must say that for me, some of the most memorable moments from my marriage have been boring regular everyday things. I hope you two have enjoyed many of those over the past two years and will enjoy many more in the years to come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter