Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (a completed Disneymoon TR!)

Your reaction was so funny when the water got you on PoTC!

Thanks for including all the videos. Nice to watch on a snowy day like today!

Can you imagine if the CM got to take home all that food at night? Score!

Your reaction was so funny when the water got you on PoTC!

Thanks for including all the videos. Nice to watch on a snowy day like today!

Can you imagine if the CM got to take home all that food at night? Score!

Isn't it hilarious that we would get that drenched on POTC? My reaction was so not planned at all as you can tell, so it still makes us crack up!

You're welcome! We took more videos during this past trip. Howard takes so many photos, and now his photos are definitely coming out better than anything I can take (whereas in the past, sometimes we'd take pics of the same thing, but we had different eyes for it). So I do a lot of the one-handed shots of the two of us and do video instead. I used to have food pics covered too, but now his come out better!

I'd be happy even if I were allowed to take ONE thing home each day! That'd be pretty awesome!

I think Jungle Cruise is more fun at night as well! There's just something about it.

Such a shame about your pineapple allergy! It's truly odd how things like that can develop.

Ya know, it's really hard to notice much of anything on Buzz if you're busy playing! For some reason I'm able to do both on TSM, but never Buzz. Weird!

I think Jungle Cruise is more fun at night as well! There's just something about it.

Such a shame about your pineapple allergy! It's truly odd how things like that can develop.

Ya know, it's really hard to notice much of anything on Buzz if you're busy playing! For some reason I'm able to do both on TSM, but never Buzz. Weird!

After having experienced it, I totally agree with you! I actually prefer it that way now just so that there's a bit of fear (haha, albeit GOOD fear) involved.

It makes me rather sad that I can't have it! I should just go to an allergist to find out for certain, but then I'd probably have to pay for part of the cost too.

So true! It's so funny how much I notice just because of his pictures!

I'm all caught up, Rachel!

It looks like you and Howard had such a great time on your Disneymoon! It's great you took time to sleep in, stay out late, and notice extra details that you've never noticed before. I must, must, must do the Animation Academy next time - I love your Donald Duck picture! Your dining reviews also make my mouth water... I REALLY need to try that famous Kona bread sometime. :upsidedow

I look forward to hearing more!

Yahh! It took me a lil over a week to get all caught up but now I am so jealous and I really want a Disneymoon!!! Joining!

Hi there!:wave2: Sorry I'm late to the party, just joining in! It's taken me a while to catch up but I noticed we a have a few things in common...we both LOVE Lou Mongello and Old Navy tank tops:rotfl2:!
Love your Disneymoon so far. I have always wanted to stay at AKL. I visit it anytime that I can. It's such a beautiful place and it really gives you a sense of being "off the beaten path." It was cool you got to be there for SWW also. I'm a big SW fan!

I'm all caught up, Rachel!

It looks like you and Howard had such a great time on your Disneymoon! It's great you took time to sleep in, stay out late, and notice extra details that you've never noticed before. I must, must, must do the Animation Academy next time - I love your Donald Duck picture! Your dining reviews also make my mouth water... I REALLY need to try that famous Kona bread sometime. :upsidedow

I look forward to hearing more!

We really did have such a fabulous time on our Disneymoon. Though we have definitely had great trips since then, nothing will compare to the fun of just being alone for the FIRST time and going by our own schedule. I'm sure nothing beats the first time staying on property for anyone too!

Yes, that Kona bread is definitely worth a trip! I mean, I love carbs to begin with, but the Kona bread knocks out SOOO many other kinds of bread I've had before.

Yahh! It took me a lil over a week to get all caught up but now I am so jealous and I really want a Disneymoon!!! Joining!

Yay, I'm so glad you're here even though I've totally been slacking with finishing this TR. I hope that one day you'll have a Disneymoon too!

Hi there!:wave2: Sorry I'm late to the party, just joining in! It's taken me a while to catch up but I noticed we a have a few things in common...we both LOVE Lou Mongello and Old Navy tank tops:rotfl2:!
Love your Disneymoon so far. I have always wanted to stay at AKL. I visit it anytime that I can. It's such a beautiful place and it really gives you a sense of being "off the beaten path." It was cool you got to be there for SWW also. I'm a big SW fan!

Thanks for joining in even though I haven't posted in a while. Haha, I think it's so cool that you too love Old Navy tank tops! It's so funny when I see girls wear a million different types of tops, but I'm so satisfied with my ON tanks. They're comfortable and so easy to pair with whatever shorts I'm wearing. Plus, they're inexpensive when on sale!

Nothing will beat AKL. We are completely in love with the resort even though since then, we've stayed at Pop and love that too. AKL was perfect for our Disneymoon when we had more days than a regular vacation and relaxed more instead of hitting a park each day from opening to close.

I'm sure we would have definitely enjoyed more of SWW if we had done more research ahead of time and weren't so exhausted!

Great update!

Thanks!

Final Rides of the EMH Night

I realize it's been absolutely forever since I posted an update, but I am determined to finish this TR even if there's no one left reading, haha. I want to start a new TR for our latest trip, but I told myself that I can't leave my Disneymoon one incomplete! It's kind of crazy how long it's been since Howard and I just celebrated our 2 year anniversary last week. Plus, we've also had 3 trips since then!

I also realize that I had the game going, and I did promise to send some cards out! I don't even know where the last round is that I posted, and I've lost track of which pictures and characters I've used for "Cropped" and "Scrambled." If I do a game in the next TR, I promise I'll keep better track of it! With that being said, if those of you who are still reading ever earned ANY points in the game throughout its duration (regardless of where you are on the scoreboard), send me a PM with your address, and I'll send 3 random handmade greeting cards to you in the mail!

Okay, let's get to it!

After we picked up our apple strudels and explored Main Street, we were ready to hop on some rides and really take advantage of EMH. As I said earlier, it was definitely the best part about staying on property since we had NEVER experienced it beforehand! We're actually kind of spoiled by it, and we know that when it's just the two of us, we'll definitely always stay on property just to enjoy the nighttime EMHs. They're definitely our favorite over morning EMH.

We knew that we should definitely ride Snow White's Scary Adventures before it closed down for good. It's kind of funny thinking that at this point in time, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is already opening up! I'm sure it'll be a much better ride than the original Snow White ride, but it's sad that the classic dark ride is no longer there even though it scared me!

Please don't mind these blurry photos. Howard has gotten MUCH better since then, haha. Even though it's dark, I still am happy that he got a picture of the track! You all know how it's my favorite thing EVER! When the pictures of the Mine Train track were being posted, I was absolutely in love! I can't wait to ride it and sit in the front cart so that I can the beauty ahead and also sit in the back to see what's behind!

I did watch the ride throughs a few times already because I really like having an idea of what to expect before riding it myself. I know some of my DIS friends are good about avoiding pictures and video of all things new so as to experience it for the first time in real life, but I really like being prepared. If I didn't, I might've gotten terrified of the old hag because gosh darn it, that lady is something else and can really be quite frightening! I haven't watched the movie in ages, but isn't it strange that Snow so eagerly takes an apple from this creeper? I mean, even if she wasn't told anything about strangers in her lifetime since, look at the old hag's face!

This is the last blurry and dark photo, but considering the ride is no longer there, I feel it's worth posting since it was even difficult to see with my own eyes! Even though the animatronics in the new ride are amazingly done, I still love the classics too. I know Disney will just continue to improve over the years, but there's something about the older things too! I think it'll be funny showing videos of the classic stuff to our kids in the future who will be so used to things that look completely real.

We stayed in Fantasyland for a bit and headed to "it's a small world" afterwards. A trip isn't complete without going on this ride because of the memories and all. Plus, I still to this day find new things in the ride that I've never seen before! Either I'm not very observant, or it's really filled with that many details! It was only a few years ago that I noticed the walls in the jungle room. I actually bought a bag from Kohl's because the pattern reminded me of the walls in IASW!

We've never eaten at Pinocchio Village Haus because the food offerings don't entice me the way that Columbia Harbour House and other CS places do. I guess in my eyes, the pizza-type meals just don't seem special since we live in New York and have really awesome pizza here! Even so, we don't get pizza that often, and we're completely satisfied eating frozen pizza when there's an amazing deal at Target or something for California Pizza Kitchen or DiGiorno. Haha, I say that just because there's a great CPK pizza deal this week what with the sale and the stacking of coupons. Mmm, I could totally go for some Disney pizza now though because I'm hungry!

Recently I saw that Matt (danimaroo's husband) got a new iPad case that has the IASW design in the picture above but with the Star Wars characters! It was super cute! He said he got it from Society6, so I guess that means someone designed it!

I was still really happy to be taking this little cruise with my hubs. I wonder if we'll ever get on a REAL cruise! The Alaska cruises are really what we'd want to do, but that would require getting on a plane to fly across the country and then get on a boat when I might possibly get seasick. I don't know if I can risk possibly feeling gross during a vacation! It's not like we're sick of WDW though, so we'll definitely still have great trips ahead of us! If anything, I'll see if I can work myself up to the idea of sitting on a plane to California to experience DLR!

The one creepy thing about riding IASW so late at night is that there aren't as many people waiting for it, so there was actually an empty boat behind us! I actually thought that was kind of scary because as I've said many times before, IASW is already made frightening because of the first Kingdom Keepers book. Since we were sitting in the last row, I knew that if there were any of the dolls who broke free from their platforms, they could totally hide in that boat and jump on us as it got closer, haha. Overactive imagination, I know. Maybe it'll make more sense if you watch the brief video down below. I mean, the singing and all that and the boat just moving along through the water behind us? Makes me shudder!

VIDEO: Empty IASW Boat

Even though there weren't that many people, there's still the holdup at the end of the ride. I never mind though because it's relaxing just being off my feet for a little bit.

My hubs and me! I definitely think about how our future rides might include a little one taking in all the sights as well! But in all honesty, we're really enjoying being on our own right now. Yeah, we've been married for 2 years, but I'm not 30 yet, so I can still have fun, right? I want to enjoy WDW as many times as possible with just the two of us before little Luke and Leia come along!

It's funny seeing this picture now because on a more recent trip, I saw that there are the numbers 5 and 19 right next to each other on the clock tower! That's the day we got married: May 19th! It makes the attraction even more special now.

We finished hanging out with the dolls without any attacks, so we headed to Mickey's PhilharMagic. I really wish that they would make an Aladdin ride where we could soar on the magic carpets! Wouldn't that be amazing? Haha, and yes, I do know that it technically exists in Adventureland, but I mean more like the Aladdin scene seen here! The only thing I really dislike about this is when the orchestra instruments get really angry and when they swirl around because it is so loud that I have to cover at least one ear. Sometimes loud sounds really bother me, and it actually feels as if it hurts. On certain days, I'll be in the car with my parents, and the music is too loud for me too. It's something that started happening in the past few years. I can't come up with a better word to describe the discomfort other than saying that it hurts.

After the show, we walked to Haunted Mansion. I actually had a dream about Haunted Mansion this morning right before I woke up! We kept being stopped on the ride that did look a little different than what it really is, but it gave us great opportunities to take pictures. I was getting awesome shots with my little point and shoot camera, and I was getting so excited about it. Haha, clearly it was just a dream as it's probably one of the hardest rides to get photos!

VIDEO: Haunted Mansion Track

We decided to walk to Thunder Mountain to ride it a few times, but alas, it wasn't open! I guess since it wasn't officially opened again after the refurbishment, they didn't keep it running during Extra Magic Hours. Oh well. We actually considered going on Splash Mountain then, but as you can see, it was broken down and people were stuck on the ride! I remember reading a TR a while back where the person was stuck on the ride that night, and I just thought it was interesting to know that we were there at the same time.

It was so nice just moseying around and going to whatever rides we felt like riding at the moment as opposed to feeling as if we had to get to a certain place for a FP or something like that. We were even able to stop and enjoy one of the custodial staff drawing on the ground with water. I wonder if they train for that because if I had to draw a character, it wouldn't be recognizable!

Since we had the time, we went to be speed demons on the Tomorrowland Speedway! After this night, it has become a fun stop if we happen to stay for a nighttime EMH. It's not really the kind of ride that we'd ever wait for especially in the heat, but it's fun to experience when it's a walk-on. On a later trip, we actually rode this when it was raining, and we were laughing and screaming the entire time as the rain pelted us in the face!

We decided to hop on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority too since our previous ride wasn't relaxing because of the stinky family in front of us. It was a little too, uh, fragrant for us! We needed a do over! This was much more fun. I'm sure we waved to the few people who were on it as well. We did get stopped on the ride though, which is funny because this was probably the one time I actually didn't want to get stopped! With the end of EMH approaching, we wanted to battle it out on Buzz Lightyear a few more times! It was cool to see how the car moves a little backwards, I guess to the previous magnet in the track.

VIDEO: Stopped on the TTA

There was a rather large gap between the car in front of us and ours as we exited due to the pause.

That was actually the last photo of the night because my camera battery just completely died. I probably would have had a longer TTA video if it didn't die. At that point, we gave up on photos and just had fun riding Buzz Lightyear over and over again! We were able to get on at least 3 more times, and it was a fantastic end to our first ever EMH night! We just rode it and then ran around to the front to hop right back on. We were just laughing like two big kids, and even though there's no photo documentation, it was definitely one of my favorite memories of the night. Even though TSMM is a great ride, I still have strong feelings for Buzz!

We walked back out to Main Street and thought we'd pick up something to eat since we were starving. Too bad though because everything was closed at that point except for the Confectionary! We weren't in the mood to actually buy anything, so we walked right out of the park and to the bus to head on home. Definitely a successful night, and we still had one more full day ahead of us!

Hail to the Apple Turnover

After staying out until 3am for nighttime EMH at Magic Kingdom the night before, we knew we were going to be tired the next morning. By the time we got back to the room and took showers, it was even later, of course. I did set an alarm the next morning so that we'd get up so that we could hit a park on our last full day, but there was no way we were getting up. I'm not sure if I kept pushing snooze or just turned it off completely, haha. We figured we would head out in the afternoon.

We did get up sooner or later because we were hungry! I was happy we didn't even have to leave the room to get food because we had two delicious apple turnovers from Main Street Bakery waiting for us to devour them!

It actually worked out that we decided to stay in for a bit because suddenly the thunder started rumbling so loudly, and the skies opened up and the rain was pouring down on everyone! The people who were outside in the pool had to get out and wait under the covering by the Mara. I actually went out on the balcony to take a video of the rain. Howard and I just watched it again now, and even though it probably ruined the morning of those who were out in the parks at that time, it kind of transports us back to our Disneymoon and enjoying the balcony of our very own hotel room! I recorded the rain for a bit until it thundered because I wanted to capture that as well.

VIDEO: Rainy Day at AKL

But I didn't stay out too long because this fella was calling my name! I love apple turnovers, which is interesting since I'm not that big of a fan of apples. I also have to be in the mood for something sweet in the morning since I usually prefer savory foods. I could totally eat leftover pizza for breakfast and be way more satisifed than having a stack of pancakes drizzled with syrup. In my mind, pancakes are excellent for brinner! However, our schedules were a little wacky at that time, so this was just perfect when we finally did eat it. I especially loved the little drizzle of frosting on top.

Since we knew we weren't going out soon, we set up the laptop to continue watching 24! Remember how I was so interested in an episode when we ordered Papa John's pizza and kind of didn't want to go back out to DHS for Fantasmic a few nights ago? Haha, well, we got to just stay in bed and eat a delicious Main Street Bakery treat while watching Jack Bauer do his thing.

We thought we'd just split one turnover, but when we finished it, the other one was staring us in the face! Haha, we ended up eating the second one too.

So I know it might seem strange, but we ended up NOT going to a Disney park that day at all. What?! Our last full day and we didn't go enjoy it? Well, we were clearly just so drained and too tired to even think about it. Plus, our long MK EMH night was definitely a fantastic way to end the trip. Since we were there much longer than our usual trips where we'd go to each park just one time during the 5 days we were in Florida, we were able to get our fill of the Disney magic. Besides, we were in Animal Kingdom Lodge! If we were going to stay in at any resort, this was the place to do it!

glad to see you come back to this TR to finish it up ... must admit I almost lost track of it :rotfl:

And congratulations on 2 years of marriage! - I am sure it feel both that it only took 2 minutes and that you have been married forever

That is actually really cool to get to see the Snow White's Scary Adventure again! And I heard they used some of the animatronics from the old ride in the cottage scene in the new ride - always love when they reference the classing in the new attractions (like Mr. Toad handing the key to Owl on Winnie the Pooh)

I hear you about not seeking out Pizza in Disney as being from New York ... though I have heard even people from NY or similar really like the pizza at Via Napoli so will have to check that out at some point

Unrequested advice - take your time if you are enjoying yourselves before rushing into kids. We were married for like 5 years before kids and had fun at Disney on our own and now get to re-experience everything from our kids eyes. Both are great though!

after your story I actually really want to go on the speedway while it is raining - sounds like fun!

Picturing you two giggling like kids running around to get back on Buzz is very sweet and cute!

I can totally understand being wiped after being in the park until 3am! Probably just for the best to relax a bit rather than rush to a park just to do it and be tired/not really into it!

Can't wait for your next TRs!

glad to see you come back to this TR to finish it up ... must admit I almost lost track of it :rotfl:

And congratulations on 2 years of marriage! - I am sure it feel both that it only took 2 minutes and that you have been married forever

That is actually really cool to get to see the Snow White's Scary Adventure again! And I heard they used some of the animatronics from the old ride in the cottage scene in the new ride - always love when they reference the classing in the new attractions (like Mr. Toad handing the key to Owl on Winnie the Pooh)

I hear you about not seeking out Pizza in Disney as being from New York ... though I have heard even people from NY or similar really like the pizza at Via Napoli so will have to check that out at some point

Unrequested advice - take your time if you are enjoying yourselves before rushing into kids. We were married for like 5 years before kids and had fun at Disney on our own and now get to re-experience everything from our kids eyes. Both are great though!

after your story I actually really want to go on the speedway while it is raining - sounds like fun!

Picturing you two giggling like kids running around to get back on Buzz is very sweet and cute!

I can totally understand being wiped after being in the park until 3am! Probably just for the best to relax a bit rather than rush to a park just to do it and be tired/not really into it!

Can't wait for your next TRs!

Yay! I thought that I was going to finish up this TR without any comments since it's been forever, haha. I really appreciate your stopping by!

You're absolutely right in that we feel as if we've been married forever. Sometimes it's difficult remember things from before we were married, haha. When I go back to my parents' house, it feels strange because I'm like a guest in the house as opposed to someone who lived there for 27 years!

Ooo, I can only imagine how good that Via Napoli pizza is. Don't they use water similar to that from Naples? Haha, so it isn't the regular Florida water or something since I know NY pizza is supposed to be good because of the water (and the yummy bagels!). We did enjoy the four cheese pesto pizza from Wolfgang Puck Express during our past trip though! I just don't think I'd go for something like Pinocchio Village Haus or Pizzafari.

I love that advice! It's so unlike everyone else who asks, "Are you going to have kids?" Every time I write something on Facebook or post a picture on Instagram remotely similar to what a pregnant woman might write, I get the "Are you pregnant?!?" comments. For example, I had to get an ultrasound because I was having pain, and everyone thought it was pregnancy-related! But for right now, we just love that it's the two of us. Plus, we feel as if we're two kids still learning how to handle our responsibilities. I mean, sometimes we let our apartment get really messy because it's so small, and I need time to do things like put all the groceries away in the small closet that we use as a pantry. I can't imagine having to deal with those things AND take care of a baby!

It really was fun! While we were waiting on line, the rain got worse, and we were moving from umbrella to umbrella to wait it out (even though those umbrella things have holes in them, so rain still came through anyway). Since we had to wait a bit, we were going to push through and just deal with the rain! It was the end of the night, so it was completely fine getting soaked!

Buzz is always going to be one of all-time favorites! We will ride it over and over again in the morning and at night because the waits are lower. When we see the line wrapping around outside, we stay far away! So it was definitely a treat to just ride it again and again and try to get great scores and beat each other!

Yeah, we definitely learned that it was okay to relax especially since we had our annual passes!

Two more updates and then I'll start the next TR! Thanks for sticking with me!

Our Final Disney Meal

Since we had woken up SO late and spent some time enjoying our apple turnovers and episodes of 24, we knew we had to end the day with something extra special. That came in the form of dinner at Boma! I ended up just searching for an ADR that day, and thankfully, I was able to get one. Since we were just upstairs, we didn't have to worry about the time of the ADR, whether it was earlier or later. I also knew that it would be a FANTASTIC dinner because we would just go back upstairs to our room after we finished eating. Due to a lot of my health issues, I can't actually eat that much in one sitting without feeling sick. I also don't have a gallbladder any longer, so my body digests a little differently than it used to. It's just comforting knowing that we were already "home" while we were eating. Though the buffet itself cost a good $70-80 for the two of us to eat there, it was still worth it. It was our Disneymoon too, and that was the time to indulge!

The restaurant seemed a lot smaller than what I imagined, which is nice because the feel is a lot more comforting. We were sitting a little separated from the main eating, but we could still see everything since it was just these wooden room dividers. I really liked being against a "wall" because then we had some privacy without feeling as if we were on top of other tables or they were on top of ours. It's unlike the outer tables at Sanaa where it's very easy to listen (haha, or participate) in the conversations around you!

I was excited to see what food offerings there were. In actuality, there didn't seem to be that many options compared to the other buffets on property that I've seen in other TRs. It might be because the other places have a lot of kid-friendly dishes like plain ol' pasta or mac and cheese. I actually preferred how the pods were less intimidating because then it really gave us the opportunity to try a variety of dishes. The pictures weren't that clear due to the darkness of the restaurant and the light above the food, but here you just see how the food stations were set up. There were names above the dishes, but to some degree, some weren't even helpful, haha. I mean, you can label something "Zaalouk," but I still don't know what it is, haha.

The one pod that I was extremely excited to see was the one with all the soups! Howard and I grabbed a bowl of most of the choices so that we could taste them all without being overwhelmed with finishing a whole bowl ourselves. I know this would definitely be a favorite for my mom because she absolutely adores having soup at the start of a meal on the rare occasions that we go out to eat! I love both soup and salad, so it depends on my mood, but she immediately is drawn to any kind of soup. Thankfully, at Boma there's no need to choose between the two!

You can see that I was rather thrilled to finally be tasting the food here! I know that the pictures of people's buffet plates don't always look very enticing because it's a little of this and a little of that, but I still loved reading about people's dining experiences here. Lo and behold, I can now write about the deliciousness! And we can start with my first plate! The big cracker thing in the front is a piece of lavosh. It was the perfect item to eat with the many types of hummus that they had there. On my plate, I took a sampling of each one, which included white bean hummus, black olive hummus, and tomato hummus. My favorite was the black olive hummus as I ended up getting more later. Nowadays, I am OBSESSED with hummus! Some mornings, I'll eat a regular breakfast item like waffles or cereal, but I'll also have a tortilla or a crackery thing dipped in some hummus because the protein definitely helps me last until lunch time. Also, if I'm starving when I get home from a day of work, I'll want hummus too. Thankfully, it's a fairly healthy snack to have (my favorite from the few brands I've tried is Tribe!). I clearly have extremely amorous feelings towards this chickpea goodness.

I also got some salad with mango vinaigrette. It seems strange that with all the offerings, I would choose salad, but I guess the fresh veggies looked appetizing to me. Plus, I'm a sucker for different kinds of dressing, so I was eager to taste it. It wasn't bad at all, but it wasn't extremely special. There was another dressing that I should have tried instead since the mango dressing was, of course, a little on the sweeter side.

The hummus was very tasty, but for some reason, the other thing I also greatly enjoyed was the curried pasta salad! I know it was a simpler dish because c'mon, it's still pasta salad, but it just hit the right spot for me. It might not have been something super fancy, but I liked having a bite of it in between everything else I was eating. There is a recipe for it on AllEars, so I should totally put the ingredients on my shopping list since I don't have curry powder or ground turmeric in my pantry.

Howard and I chose 3 soups to try since we didn't necessarily feel enticed by every single option. The mushroom soup was by far my favorite because it had such a strong essence of mushroom. I'm already a fan of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, which is nothing compared to this, of course. If I had to choose just one soup to order, it would be this one.

This was the peanut soup. It too had a strong flavor. We love peanuts and peanut butter, but for some reason, that night I just wasn't into this soup. I can't remember it very clearly two years later, but it was good for what it was. I just wasn't in the mood for it that night.

The seafood gumbo was, I think, Howard's favorite. It's horrible, but I don't remember anything about it to caption it at all! I think I liked it too.

This was Howard's first plate. He had some of the steak with the tamarind barbecue sauce, coconut rice, beans and corn, fufu, curried lamb, and nut-crusted salmon. I tried some of the steak with that sauce and FELL IN LOVE. I've never been a huge fan of huge chunks or slabs of meat, but this was so tender. Plus, I'm a sucker for dips and sauces as you know from this trip report! My dear hubs was kind enough to cut the steak into pieces that I could eat from his plate, hehe. I did try the fufu from his plate, and I didn't like it, so I knew I didn't have to get it for myself. I did, however, also try the curried lamb, which I don't see on the AllEars menu anymore. That too was DELICIOUS! I was very fond of it and knew I'd have to get some for myself.

Look how cute he is letting me have some of his dinner! When he got more during his second round, it wasn't as good. This piece was extra tender. I felt bad that I ate some of his good piece, but he said it was a-okay since he was glad I was able to enjoy some!

Thankfully, I recorded a quick video of what we were eating during that first round because otherwise I would not have remembered anything about the plates! If you watch it, you can hear that our server asked if we were okay, and when that happens, I always feel slightly embarrassed that I'm recording a video or taking a picture of the food! I'm sure they see it all the time though.

VIDEO: Plate #1 at Boma

Eating at any buffet is definitely serious business! I must tie my hair back when I'm serious about eating because I hate having my hair get in the way. You can get a better idea of where we were sitting with this picture.

It was a little empty when Howard took this picture. Looking back at my old emails, I see that our ADR was for 8:25pm, but it was later canceled. I think we might have gone downstairs to see if we could get in earlier since it was just hopping in the elevator to check. I can't remember what time we ate, and the time on my camera wasn't right so this was either really early or really late!

We were ready for round #2! When Howard went back to the carving station, he snapped a quick picture. The tamarind barbecue is on the left, then there's also Boma mustard and sambal (can't see the one on the far left). Howard said he chose the barbecue because they told him it was the one that wasn't spicy. I would've liked to try the mustard too!

The prepared salads and other cold offerings are nice to eat in between bites of the entree dishes. On the right is that delicious curried pasta salad!

This ended up being my second plate. I had to get more lavosh and the black olive hummus. It's funny looking at that tiny dollop now because I really should have gone a bit crazier and had more! I got some of the curried lamb stew over basmati rice, and it was perfect. I definitely could eat an entire plate of this if I could order it at a restaurant. The meat was delicious, and the sauce was really good over the rice. The other items on my plate were things I wanted to try, which included stewed tomatoes (nothing special from what I remember), pap (white cornmeal or something like that that I didn't really care for), tabbouleh (never appreciated this item until we had it in Morocco on the lamb shwarma platter in between bites of everything else), bobotie (did NOT like it because of the egg-based topping), and some other cold salad. The best part of the dish was the hummus and curried lamb stew. If we were to go back the next night, that's what I would fill up on. I'm glad I got a chance to try the other items though, but they just weren't for me.

This was Howard's second plate. He got more of the steak, which clearly shows he gets more worth out of the Boma price! The durban style roasted chicken was really good as well! Haha, what a sweet husband as he was willing to share it with me. He also tried some of the things I tried, but also got some couscous as well. The chicken, in my opinion, was without a doubt the star of the plate. It was flavorful and not at all dry, which I honestly expected since it was probably made in a big batch and had to sit under the heating lamp of the buffet table.

VIDEO: Plate #2 at Boma

So my last plate was a little sad because it wasn't full of that much stuff. I got a little bit more hummus and lavosh and that yummy curried pasta salad. I would've gotten it on my second plate too, but I knew I had to at least try some other dishes too before filling up on the carbs! The pineapple was just for a little sweetness although now I wouldn't be able to have it because of some sort of allergy or something. I strangely wanted a corn muffin of some sort, and I also tried the avocado, grapefruit, and papaya salad because I adore avocado, but the flavors weren't for me.

Howard's final entree plate had some coconut rice, plain ol' pasta with a meatball, and some strawberries. I thought it was funny that with all the options, he got that pasta, but he said it just looked really good!

He said that the strawberries looked so red and would look good on the plate, so he got 'em! Don't worry; I helped him eat one, haha.

Here were the dessert options for the night. There wasn't anything that I was excited to have because I don't like pudding or custard textures or lots of cream in dessert. Howard isn't big on dessert either, so we decided to share a plate.

The chocolate things were calling my name! I also wanted to try the cobbler too because I always think cobbler is going to taste AMAZING. Haha, I don't know why it just reminds me of things that are homey and comforting, but unfortunately, more times it's not always the best thing. The same goes for fruit crisps and such.

I knew I HAD to try the zebra dome because of its reputation and fame. I cut it in half because I hadn't actually seen many people show the inside of this dessert, so I couldn't quite imagine what made people crave it. In all honesty, this isn't the kind of dessert for me. I completely understand why other people would love it, but I don't care much for kahlua-flavored items. I would very much like to try the Oreo Bon Bons though!

My favorite part of our dessert plate was that chocolate chip cookie! I'm just not an adventurous dessert person. If it has chocolate, I'm totally in! On our anniversary, Howard stopped by the Crumbs bakery to pick up some cupcakes, and both of them had chocolate! Despite the variations, he knew to get the Devil's Food cupcake (chocolate cake filled and frosted with vanilla buttercream, sprinkled with chocolate crumbs and mini chocolate chips) and the Peanut Butter Cup (chocolate cake filled and frosted with peanut butter buttercream frosting, topped with peanut butter cup wedges and edged in crushed peanuts and chocolate chips). I was so thrilled with both! Haha, no, they weren't both for me. We shared them on two separate days!

I know it seems as if there were many things I didn't like, so it might sound odd for me to say that Boma was one of my favorite meals of our entire honeymoon. For a while, I actually didn't even know if it beat Sanaa, but Sanaa definitely is our highest ranking restaurant. That's how much we both enjoyed it. Although I didn't like everything on my plate, it really was fun being able to try many different dishes in small amounts without worrying about wasting anything by not finishing a full-sized appetizer or entree. The items that I enjoyed were SO good that it totally made up for the few things I didn't enjoy. If we were to go back tonight and they had the same dishes, I would get hummus with lavosh, curried pasta salad, and the curried lamb stew over rice. I could probably eat at least 3 plates of just the hummus, pasta salad, and lamb stew! I'd definitely have Howard get extra Durban chicken and steak, so I could have a few bites of that too without feeling overwhelmed with getting a huge piece of meat for myself. Then I'd end the night with two chocolate chip cookies and some strawberries. That's all I would get. No need to try everything else; I'd stick with the things I loved! I'm sure we'll go back again at some point in the future, and I'll be sure to just fill up on the good stuff!

As I said earlier, I was able to enjoy the food more because I knew we didn't have to travel back to our resort. We took a brief walk back up to our room, and thus ended our final full day in Disney World for our Disneymoon! Though it was just time at the resort and an excellent dinner, it was just as memorable as our previous MK EMH night.

Hi hon!!!! I'm still here. :thumbsup2

Snow White's Scary Adventures! It's so crazy when so much stuff changes that you almost forget about some things.

Sounds like you had a great night! You definitely got a lot of things done.

Hi hon!!!! I'm still here. :thumbsup2

Snow White's Scary Adventures! It's so crazy when so much stuff changes that you almost forget about some things.

Sounds like you had a great night! You definitely got a lot of things done.

Woohoo, thanks Danielle! I knew I needed to finish this for myself because I love looking back on old trips, but it's extra special knowing I still might have a few readers!

Yeah, it's really odd how "quickly" things change even though we've all had to wait for New Fantasyland and then the Mine Train. I mean, realistically, it's kind of insane to think how Disney can suddenly put their plans into action and complete them! I think the videos of all these places and walking from land to land will be the best to show future generations how things used to be.

We really did get a lot done! I loved just being able to jump from ride to ride with minimal waits!

Hey Rachel,

I hadn't been on the Dis in a very long time, so I was super excited to log in today and see that you had finished your TR!

Your last day sounds awesome, and I love how detailed of a review you gave of Boma :goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed Boma so much .... that is the best part of buffets - getting to try lots of things you wouldn't order a meal of

Only issue for me is I tend to do that and then go back and get a full plate of what I liked and then you have to roll me out of the restaurant :rotfl:

Hey - nice to see you again! Boma is one buffet (the only one, really) that I'd like to try. That lamb stew looks great!

Hey Rachel,

I hadn't been on the Dis in a very long time, so I was super excited to log in today and see that you had finished your TR!

Your last day sounds awesome, and I love how detailed of a review you gave of Boma :goodvibes

Thanks! I'm so happy you came to read the end of it! I'll post the final entry (other than a short souvenirs post) right after I finish commenting here! I'm really happy I took the time to finish it too.

I really enjoy other people's detailed food reviews, so I tried my best to do the same for Boma despite not remembering some of the things! I think the earlier reviews of food in this TR are much better. I guess that's what happens when I wait two years ... haha.

Glad you enjoyed Boma so much .... that is the best part of buffets - getting to try lots of things you wouldn't order a meal of

Only issue for me is I tend to do that and then go back and get a full plate of what I liked and then you have to roll me out of the restaurant :rotfl:

Absolutely! It was the perfect opportunity to just sample and graze on all the options. I totally wish I could go get the full plate of what I like though! If my stomach could handle it, I'd totally be okay with being rolled out of the restaurant! Haha, I'd be satisfed and get my money's worth!

Hey - nice to see you again! Boma is one buffet (the only one, really) that I'd like to try. That lamb stew looks great!

Thanks for coming back despite my long absence! Yeah, Boma was really at the top of the list. In all honesty, I don't see why people would be intrigued by some of the other buffets, but I guess that's why they add characters to them so that it draws in the crowds. Boma is really all about the food! I would never pay for Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare. I would, however, possibly want to try Cape May Cafe! And I do like the all-you-can-eat experiences like 'Ohana (which we've tried before) and maybe Garden Grill!

Mmm, yes, that lamb stew was really delicious! I'm glad I tried some from Howard's plate so I knew it was delicious enough to get it myself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter