• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

most convenient at-airport car rental company?

M

missymj

Can you tell me the most convenient at-airport car company? I really don't want to have to take a shuttle anywhere?

Can't speak for the others because I've always gotten my best deals with National - and they couldn't be any more convenient than at Orlando. Just take the elevator down to the bottom floor - check in at the desk - exit the doorway behind the check in counter and you are in the underground garage where the cars are - pick up your car and drive out of the airport. Return is even easier - just reenter the airport into the bottom floor garage - check your car in with the attendant waiting in line- walk across to the door - and take the elevator up to check in - wish all airports were this easy!

At Orlando Airport (MCO), onsite car rentals are National, Dollar, Avis, Budget and L&M. Check mousesavers.com for discount ideas and codes to use. We have never had a problem with any rentals at MCO, never rented from L&M and don't plan to. Dollar has many rate codes you can try (FVG, MCC, FDAY, GLOBE, NEW and KISS). The rental companies above are all located conveniently in MCO.

RobinLyn :)

Thanks for the information, RobinLyn.

I currently have a reservation with L&M for a minivan, total price, including extra driver and taxes of $304. I'm getting nervous about L&M after reading so many negative posts.
I tried your codes with Dollar - quite a difference in amounts - from a low of $230 (before taxes and extra driver) using NEW to a high of $590 (before taxes and extra driver) using GLOBE. Avis was $771 !!!

I now have a reservation with Dollar.

Thanks again/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter