Mosquitoes at WDW

Congrats!! I've never been bitten at WDW, but my husband gets eaten alive. Definitely pack the mosquito repellent. I believe Disney should supply it for free if you ask for it (because of Zika concerns). I am pregnant, so I will definitely cover up in repellent on our trip next month.

When we went in May, there was a bottle in our room. Not sure if they are still doing this, and I didn't use it, but I thought it was nice.

We just returned a couple days ago from a 12 night stay. I was bitten by several kinds of bugs, including mosquitos. There were lots of mosquitos both nights we were in Frontierland by BTM-- kind of near the water and the smoking area. I also ended with a ton of small, red itchy bites of unknown origin on my ankles and feet. Then, sometime during MNSSHP, I was bit twice by something on my upper leg. It swelled up, was super itchy, and was always wet when I touched it, like something was seeping out of it. I've had to keep it covered with gauze and I've still got about a 6 inch area of my leg that's swollen.

We stayed at Saratoga Springs and saw mosquitos on the walking paths at night. There was not repellant available in our villa. They may have provided it if we asked, I don't know, as we never asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter