More updated Fastpass+ information

Some could argue what does the first post have to do with NEW FP + information...

Some of you sound like you and WDW are old bickering married couples ;). Even threatening trial separations :)

If they would hurry up and announce a carslamd, Star Wars land or even completion date to the underwhelming avatar land the pill could be easier to swallow ;).

I concur the mine train is taking too long :)

Some could argue about the color of the sky on a clear day.

I would say the new info was the castmember meetings that seemed to confirm some rumored aspects of FP+. Other than that, nothing much.

Some could argue about the color of the sky on a clear day.

I would say the new info was the castmember meetings that seemed to confirm some rumored aspects of FP+. Other than that, nothing much.

[Wow...took a few days off from new threads, and 58 pages later...]

I read the article, and there really wasn't any new information. The 3 FP+ was known the day they put the T&C online, and publicly re-stated by the guy in charge. However, it still doesn't mean 3 FP+ per day period. It still reads that that's the amount you can choose in advance.

We may not know anything further until they test again. If they ever get to it...

I read the article, and there really wasn't any new information. The 3 FP+ was known the day they put the T&C online, and publicly re-stated by the guy in charge. However, it still doesn't mean 3 FP+ per day period. It still reads that that's the amount you can choose in advance.

We may not know anything further until they test again. If they ever get to it...

Yep. 58 pages based on no new info.

Can you imagine what it will be like when this thing goes live? :lmao:

Might be like most other rumored/new things...the threads will lessen in popularity ;)

Not a chance.

This place will be filled with posts like-
"Couldn't get a FP for TSM on our afternoon at DHS, what can I do?"

"Should we reserve Soarin' and IllumiNations and ??? in July?"

And, that's fine.
I'm just saying that the information will F-L-O-W...

Might be like most other rumored/new things...the threads will lessen in popularity ;)

You're probably right about that. Once the FP enforcement happened, at least THOSE threads stopped. ;)

But this change has the possibility of being really different from any other we've seen proposed in some time.

ADRs, Park Expansions, EMH, age limits, park hours, even price increases ........ all of that stuff is pretty periperal. But this change has the potential to affect the very core of what we all go to Disney for....... experiencing the attractions.

I'm not the least bit surprised it elicits very strong responses.

Not a chance.

This place will be filled with posts like-
"Couldn't get a FP for TSM on our afternoon at DHS, what can I do?"

To which I will reply "Enjoy rope drop."

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I could continue to argue these points, but I won't--especially since we're usually on the same team. ;)

I received an email this morning stating we could exchange our tickets for the RFID tickets. Would these be affected by the limited fast passes or is that not in effect yet? The tickets expire April 21st so we're squeezing in a trip.

I received an email this morning stating we could exchange our tickets for the RFID tickets. Would these be affected by the limited fast passes or is that not in effect yet? The tickets expire April 21st so we're squeezing in a trip.

Not in effect yet.

I admit to not reading all 55+ pages - after all my afternoon coffee break is rather short :surfweb:. If this hasn't been mentioned already, my guess would be if the MyMagic+ takes off, you'll see a point in the future where it will become an additional charge to purchase these added benefits (planned FP return times, etc.etc.).
But maybe not. :confused3
I've been too busy at work on building budgets since I returned from DW earlier this month. :headache: So with money in mind, I'm thinking they could make more by having guests pay extra for it in the future; if it takes off.

You're probably right about that. Once the FP enforcement happened, at least THOSE threads stopped. ;)

But this change has the possibility of being really different from any other we've seen proposed in some time.

ADRs, Park Expansions, EMH, age limits, park hours, even price increases ........ all of that stuff is pretty periperal. But this change has the potential to affect the very core of what we all go to Disney for....... experiencing the attractions.

I'm not the least bit surprised it elicits very strong responses.

Yes...the new threads I'm sure will be about the tactic...I am hoping I'm right and the advanced FP coexist with daily FP...and the. The threads are a bit more benign like...which Advanced FP should I reserve...what should my second choice be? Which should I pull that day? Etc. if I a, right it could be fun learning a new system (as long as it can work in our advantage!)

Nice to hear the esteemed Dr. with a positive attitude! Hope lives on. :thumbsup2

I admit to not reading all 55+ pages - after all my afternoon coffee break is rather short :surfweb:. If this hasn't been mentioned already, my guess would be if the MyMagic+ takes off, you'll see a point in the future where it will become an additional charge to purchase these added benefits (planned FP return times, etc.etc.).
But maybe not. :confused3
I've been too busy at work on building budgets since I returned from DW earlier this month. :headache: So with money in mind, I'm thinking they could make more by having guests pay extra for it in the future; if it takes off.

We went down that discussion road last night. Too exhausted to make that trip again. ;):faint:. :)

I don't know if it means we won't be able to get additional fp's in the park if we are using the fp+ system, but the Park terms and conditions under "going paperless" state that if you want to use fp+ you will need a
RF device and if you opt for the RF device, you will not be able to use the standard fp system. Maybe (I hope) they do have a plan to allow for more fp's under the new system once you are in the parks, but I've heard no one say that with any certainty. What we do know is that they will not allow you to use both fp+ and the traditional system.

Yes...the new threads I'm sure will be about the tactic...I am hoping I'm right and the advanced FP coexist with daily FP...and the. The threads are a bit more benign like...which Advanced FP should I reserve...what should my second choice be? Which should I pull that day? Etc. if I a, right it could be fun learning a new system (as long as it can work in our advantage!)

We don't know yet if there will be a way to get additional fp's under the new fp+ system, but unfortunately, we do know that we will not be able to access the traditional system if you opt into the new fp+ system which will require an RF device. This is stated under "going paperless" under Park terms and condition. I'm hoping along with you, that additional fp's will be offered once you're in the parks (and not at an additional cost:mad:) as part of the new system, but I've heard nothing other than speculation about that.

dadddio wrote:

I will bet you a La Cava Margarita that once FP+ is fully operational, the total number of FP+ reservations you can have in a single day is the same, whether you reserve them in advance or that day.

No extra ones on the same day. If the per-park limit is three, you will get three whether you make them in advance, same day, or some combination.

I hope you are wrong here. I really hope it is 3 in advance and then more while in the park. Otherwise with the grouping of the rides it is definitely going to mean waiting in standby lines for the major attractions and that is something I refuse to do.

There have been many such straws. Increases in ticket prices. Increases in food/beverage prices. Increases in room rates. Decreases in EMH offerings. Decreases in value of DDP.

So far, the camel is standing strong.

All of those things are price related. For me my 'camel' is time. If I have to spend too much time waiting in lines, then I'm out of here. And interactive queues do not interest me, I've got videos games I can play at home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter