More updated Fastpass+ information

Thanks for the link! :goodvibes

Another indication that FP+ will be limited to three total per day. If true, serious suckage for my family's style at least, and especially if tiered.

ETA: Adding quote of article for ease.... Bolding mine.

More FASTPASS+ details finalized as roll-out gets closer March 22, 2013

As FASTPASS+ edges nearer and nearer to going live, a few more details appear to be getting finalized with respect to how the system will actually operate once it goes live later this year.

A huge area of discussion on the WDWMAGIC forums has centered on how many FASTPASS+ experiences and attractions can be made. According to Cast Members who have been briefed on the system earlier this week, on launch of FASTPASS+, a guest will be able to choose up to a maximum of 3 FASTPASS+ experiences at one park per day. The number of attractions offering FASTPASS+ has been greatly expanded over the current FASTPASS system, with over 60 rides, shows, parades, and meet and greets now being included in FASTPASS+.

Guests will be able to select FASTPASS+ experiences before arrival, or on the day of. Changes can be made at anytime to an unredeemed FASTPASS+, even once the FASTPASS+ arrival window begins.

A great feature of FASTPASS+ is the ability for the My Disney Experience smartphone app to notify FASTPASS+ holders in the event of an attraction being temporarily unavailable. This gives advance notice to the guest, and prevents them arriving at the attraction only to find it is closed. In this event, the system can suggest an alternative. The guest also has the option to opt out of notifications.

FP+ is choosing what time you want to ride a ride before you get there, right? Will the regular way of FO still be used?? Or is that a thing of the past?

FP+ is choosing what time you want to ride a ride before you get there, right? Will the regular way of FO still be used?? Or is that a thing of the past?

Both may coexist for a short time...
Maybe.

We don't know if guests can get additional FP's the day-of at the parks in addition to
the reserved FP+.

This is what i want to know as well. I love fast pass, but not going to be doing the fastpass plus thing.

But, there is still no word on the rumored name-change to

Fabulous Pass ~

Another indication that FP+ will be limited to three total per day. If true, serious suckage for my family's style at least, and especially if tiered.

Really trying to see how this makes it 'better' for the average guest.

It's as if they are expecting no one to remember and compare FP+ to the way they used to tour.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It is definitely 'different'. Three fastpasses a day doesn't sound like very many to me. On a day where we arrive early and stay late I am sure we use more than three. The stand by lines would have to be a lot shorter for this to be a good thing in my books! I am having a hard enough time trying to decide which park to go to on which day, now I have to decide what time I want to ride our favourite rides? Hopefully it won't debut until after our Aug trip. Lara

The stand by lines would have to be a lot shorter for this to be a good thing in my books!

Well...

425AirportFlyingPigs_zpsd6315d3a.jpg

This is what i want to know as well. I love fast pass, but not going to be doing the fastpass plus thing.

I won't either. That's just taking planning a step too far. I like to plan and all but this leaves no room for spontaneity once you're in the park.

I won't either. That's just taking planning a step too far.
I like to plan and all but this

leaves no room for spontaneity once you're in the park.

Maybe THAT'LL be the reason they cite for only allowing 3 measly FP+ choices per day.

:rolleyes2

Is that really any new information? It looks like they're reporting on a thread from their message boards. Sorry, but I just don't consider that to be a reliable source of information. Plus, it doesn't give any new information--we still know that it's three reservations you can make in advance, and that changes can be made while you're in the parks. How is this new or updated?

But, there is still no word on the rumored name-change to

Fabulous Pass ~
~Really, Robo. I love this, I can't wait for fastpass +, & it is every bit of fabulous! I really hope those people who hate this, have luck finding another place to vacation! I just love Disney World!

~As usual, thank you Dan for your very helpful and informative posts!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the link! :goodvibes

Is it posted someone that they are talking about it being tiered. Making sure I didn't miss something. :)

Is that really any new information? It looks like they're reporting on a thread from their message boards. Sorry, but I just don't consider that to be a reliable source of information. Plus, it doesn't give any new information--we still know that it's three reservations you can make in advance, and that changes can be made while you're in the parks. How is this new or updated?
~Thank you, jtown!!! Again, the voice of reason! But, I do appreciate Dan's link to the article! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter