More updated Fastpass+ information

I am from the UK and don t use a smart phone when abroad. Scared of potential charges for roaming!
We go in Aug.... When does this start ? We have got Disney tickets from UK ta and are staying off site.
Really worried about 3 fast pass oonly rule. Can we just turn up and do the old way?

No-one knows yet when it will be rolled out. Could be by August, could be after.
Disney parks now have wifi so you don't need to worry about charges with a smartphone from UK too much.
There will also be FP+ kiosks around the parks you will be able to use if you need to change/alter times/attractions etc.
The question about the tickets is a good one as the UK tickets are different to the MYW a bit. If FP+ is up and running by August, you should be able to get RFID tickets/bands at the will call booths. That's just guess work on my part though.

I did call Disney Reservations today to ask a question regarding my resort reservation, and when I told the CM that I was waiting to add the hopper to my tickets until I see how this whole FP+ plays out... she said, "Oh yeah that should be up and running for your trip...isn't that exciting!" Um, not really...

(I'm going in July, btw...)

From my own personal experience, and reading threads here regarding phone cms,even though they may be right, I would take what they said with a pinch of salt.

Take any "it should be up and running by..." report with a grain of salt. Even the CMs at the resorts have been saying they were supposed to start last month...but it keeps getting pushed back.

It will be out when it's out, and not a moment sooner :)

I am from the UK and don t use a smart phone when abroad. Scared of potential charges for roaming!
We go in Aug.... When does this start ? We have got Disney tickets from UK ta and are staying off site.
Really worried about 3 fast pass oonly rule. Can we just turn up and do the old way?

Turn off your network. Or if you have an Android phone, just remove the sim card and let it run on wifi only :)

f you go back to the video of Nick Franklin talking about FastPass+, he said that it will initially be 3 in advance - but that they have an "expectation" to be able to offer "additional ones as you go" (his words).
I saw that video. I got the impression that it was more like the Dumbo surprise FPs that currently print at Pooh from time to time, not ones you could select. (And, I would not be surprised if those "surprises" were governed by the fancy new CRM system they deployed a few years ago....) But, perhaps I'm too cynical.

Take any "it should be up and running by..." report with a grain of salt. Even the CMs at the resorts have been saying they were supposed to start last month...but it keeps getting pushed back.

It will be out when it's out, and not a moment sooner :)

Oh, I didn't believe her... and I hope it's not up and running... we want no parts of this if it is going to work anything like it sounds right now...:scared1:

I saw that video. I got the impression that it was more like the Dumbo surprise FPs that currently print at Pooh from time to time, not ones you could select. (And, I would not be surprised if those "surprises" were governed by the fancy new CRM system they deployed a few years ago....) But, perhaps I'm too cynical.

Oh, it could entirely be like Surprise Fastpasses...but a FP+ is a FP+ if Disney says it is. I'm sure we'll all find out that we can only choose from Carousel of Progress, Tiki Room and lunch at Pecos Bills in the end as well :)

I live about 20 minutes from Disneyland. The decline from when Walt ran it to today is like the difference between Magic Mountain and Disney, just like everywhere else where customer service is an issue. Investing in new machines/technology/research rather than employee wages is something every modern company seems to aspire to. Disney is no different. Don't even ask my mom what she thinks of New Orleans square these days... the phrase "Walt would turn over in his grave" comes up a lot.
To me part of what makes the Disney parks special is the interaction with CM's. I'll never enjoy staring at a machine as much but that does seem to be the trend. Even though I wonder which truly costs more in the long run....

Oh, it could entirely be like Surprise Fastpasses...but a FP+ is a FP+ if Disney says it is. I'm sure we'll all find out that we can only choose from Carousel of Progress, Tiki Room and lunch at Pecos Bills in the end as well :)

Okay everyone. Hands off my CoP and Tiki Room. ;) That's another thing with this FP+ . CoP is seriously my DD6's favorite attraction. We do it multiple times. To think I might have to actually wait to ride it if others are unwittingly led there. :scared::faint:

Yahoo!!!!! 3 of our favorites!!!!'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter