More Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Thanks for posting your Mom's Panel Training trip report Emma! I also loved reading Kaylene's trip report about her training last year. This is my gentle way of nudging (demanding?) that those of you R3ers who are chosen to be on the panel must must must link to your trip reports in this thread. The rest of us need to live vicariously through your experiences until we are chosen ourselves!

Agreed!! These were awesome and got me super excited this weekend!

Now I just have to make it until another 25 hrs to my interview :yay:

Wishing all the round 3 candidates the best of luck for their phone interviews. :wizard:

I am also hoping to read lots of training trip reports from the new panel this year.

So sorry to hear your news! My dad is in hospice now, and I got a call Friday that I had to get my butt on a plane because he had lost the power of speech. When I got there, he had improved, and said, "Did you hear from Disney?"
While I didn't make round 3 (or rather, never heard..) it didn't matter much in that moment.
If he speaks for all dads, please know that your choice to honor him by moving forward is probably exactly what he'd want you to do.
BEST OF LUCK! As a teacher of the visually impaired, I'm glad someone who knowledge of disabilities will be on the panel (I bet).

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. As much as needing hospice care is terrible, having it is a blessing. My father was able to die while in a hospice and it was such a kind compassionate environment compared to the place where my mother passed. She was all alone and frightened. I was not notified until all the decisions had been made and she had passed. It was not the least bit comforting for me.

I hope you are able to find peace for your dad. :grouphug:

Thanks for posting your Mom's Panel Training trip report Emma! I also loved reading Kaylene's trip report about her training last year. This is my gentle way of nudging (demanding?) that those of you R3ers who are chosen to be on the panel must must must link to your trip reports in this thread. The rest of us need to live vicariously through your experiences until we are chosen ourselves!

I agree and instead of nudge, I suggest a firm push to let us all know what and how you are doing! :banana:

abatista08 - If you would like to provide a first name I can refer to you by something other than your username or a "?". Thanks!

I did start a schedule of all the R3 interview times that I could find! It is on the first page of this thread.

Good luck to you all on them. I am sure you will all do great and express your passion for Disney in all your words! You have received some great advice from others on here. Most of all keep smiling. You can hear a smile in your voice and have fun with it all!

I'm just now getting caught up with all that's happened here since we were away this past weekend in Cleveland. Glad to see there is someone in each category from the Dis moving on to Round 3! I'm sure you are all nervous about the phone interview...just remember to pause and breathe when needed...also, have a glass of water handy because dry mouth can set in and that's distracting (at the least)! I hope it goes without a hitch for every last one of you! :goodvibes

OFF-TOPIC ALERT!
Cleveland is a great place to visit...we drove almost four hours from Niagara to get there, not a bad drive. We visited the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on Saturday afternoon (loved it), had a nice dinner nearby and then headed to our hotel for the night after a short time shopping. JC Penney had a great sale this weekend where if you spent $25, they took $10 off your bill. Since there is no limit imposed on their usage, I used two on Saturday and two on Sunday in Erie, on the way home! I was able to get two pairs of new jeans for my ever-growing DS along with a top and sweater for myself, some Christmas items and new accent cushions that go beautifully with our TV room furniture. Sunday morning we got up and were at the LEGO KIDSFEST at 8:50 a.m. so that we were in the first throng when the doors opened at 9 a.m. (not sure what they call rope-drop at these things! :laughing:) We had a great time at this event. It was really fun for all ages and so well run. I would highly recommend it! After a stop in Erie and then closer to Buffalo at our beloved Wegmans for milk (and other favourites), we arrived home just after 8 p.m. last night and got ourselves organized for the week and headed to bed. This past weekend now qualifies as one of our 'Top Ten Best Family Weekends'.

My dad is in hospice now, and I got a call Friday that I had to get my butt on a plane because he had lost the power of speech. When I got there, he had improved, and said, "Did you hear from Disney?"
While I didn't make round 3 (or rather, never heard..) it didn't matter much in that moment.
If he speaks for all dads, please know that your choice to honor him by moving forward is probably exactly what he'd want you to do.

BLTby40 - Take Care - so sorry to hear about your dad. Your comments got me all choked up, we all do so love our dads and yours sounds like a sweetie. I hope your dad continues to improve. :goodvibes

Catching up on the thread from over the weekend.

Malanie - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and I'm sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family :hug:

BLTby40 - I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad as well! I hope he continues to improve and will be sending prayers your way. Take care! :hug:

Good luck to all you R3ers this week. I'll be thinking of you all and sending pixie dust your way during your interview times! :banana:

Good luck to everyone on your interviews this week!! I've done a few phone interviews for jobs, and I know how nerve-wracking it can be. Just make sure you are in a quiet place where you won't get distracted, speak slowly and clearly, and allow yourself a moment or two after they ask you a question to think about how you will respond. I'm sure most of the questions will be about your personal Disney experiences, how you handled different situations, or about planning for yourself or others, so if you think it will help, jot down a few notes for yourself on a piece of paper of things you may want to mention.

You all will be amazing, and each of you are more than deserving of being on the panel. Best of luck!

Thank you so much for all the advice and support! It means so much to have the Disboard family sending us well wishes!!

I think I'm the only one! From the disboards anyway! But I could be wrong...more people are coming forward as the days go by!
Twende has a list in here somewhere? Check the first post :)
Did you try for DLR?

Yes I only see one too I was just wondering if I missed another one somewhere. I also applied for DLR. Though now I am wondering if I should have done Disneyworld instead because it seems there will be a bigger # for that group. Though I am sure more people also applied to Disneyworld so who knows. Overall this is the first year I have ever applied so overall I feel really good for making it to round 2 :)

Good luck with your interview! :goodvibes

I'm glad that you enjoyed reading it! It really was a once in a lifetime trip :)

I agree and instead of nudge, I suggest a firm push to let us all know what and how you are doing! :banana:

I'm sure any of us, if lucky enough, would love to blog about the experience. :woohoo: After all of the support we've received here, and after all of Kim's hard work to maintain this thread, I know I feel it would be an honor to post/link in the future. Heck, if I don't make it, I may still post about it!!! :love:

Just getting back from our vacation on the Dream.. I did not move on to round 3 but congrats to all who did and great luck on your interviews this week!

We rocked and rolled our way to port Saturday night in up to 18 foot waves! We also missed cast away cay due to weather- it was beautiful and sunny but so very windy and wavy that even after trying multiple times to dock the captain had to abort cast away cay for a day at sea... it was our 1st cruise and I was so looking forward to it. We re-booked while on board for a 5 night Christmas 2012 cruise that has a double dip to cast away cay- out of 2 times we should at least get to see it once:rotfl:

Yes I only see one too I was just wondering if I missed another one somewhere. I also applied for DLR. Though now I am wondering if I should have done Disneyworld instead because it seems there will be a bigger # for that group. Though I am sure more people also applied to Disneyworld so who knows. Overall this is the first year I have ever applied so overall I feel really good for making it to round 2 :)

Good luck with your interview! :goodvibes

I'm most positive I'm not the only one...there is sure to be others out there!! This too was my first year applying and I am beyond honored to have come this far and to have an interview this week as well! A true blessing and honor even if this is as far as I go!!

There is one person I follow on Twitter that made it for the DL Panel: @dlandmom. I don't think she's been a part of this thread though.

just wanted to hop on and wish all of the round 3'ers good luck on the interview!!

Good Luck to everybody interviewing tomorrow! Remember to breathe and be yourself!!

I'm sending buckets of pixie dust to everyone! I will be thinking of you guys tomorrow!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter