More Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Someone want to create a forum? I'm in Central VA but would be fine to travel a bit :D Or y'all can come down here ;) Charlottesville has lots of wineries and gorgeous scenery.

I am up either for a local or long distance travel. I have a 3 year old so he may have to come along depending on when the trip is. but I think this is a fabulous idea to get us Panel Mom Hopefuls together :goodvibes

Ok folks, i'm changing my focus to next year. I have started a blog to document my journey. i would love to begin following yours...can you post your links?

mine is The Magic of Pixie Dust. since i'm a newbie, i can't post the link.

can't wait to see who makes it this year!:cheer2:

I am so sad to say that I did not make it to Round 3 this year either. It's the second year in a row that I've made it to Round 2, so, for that, I'm grateful. Like most of you, I was instantly excited by the subject line of the email and had to slow down and read it VERY carefully to realize that I didn't make it. I should have known immediately by the lack of the word "congratulations" in the subject!

I applied for the DVC Panel, but we just became Members this year, maybe they were looking for someone with more years of membership under their belt. I don't know. But I am so so so super sad today. :sad1:

Congratulations to all of you that received a Pixie Dusted email! I'm so happy for you all and will be right here cheering for you! Best of luck! :cheer2:

Jackie- I wanted this SO much for you. It has to happen at some point! :lovestruc

Ok folks, i'm changing my focus to next year. I have started a blog to document my journey. i would love to begin following yours...can you post your links?

Claire- great idea. My blog has been terrific "therapy" for me for a host of reasons- go for it! :thumbsup2

http://www.distherapy.com/2011/10/virtual-trip-to-france-epcots.html

Keep us all posted on yours!

Wow! Shocked, humbled...very happy, but also sad for those that found out that their journey ended today. I didn't progress past R2 last year and I remember the disappointment. Please keep in mind, you obviously have something special and Disney saw that!! Keep trying to make this dream come true!!

HUGE HUGS to EVERYONE! :goodvibes

Congratulations! :cheer2:

Oh my! I cannot keep up with all the good wishes, THANK YOU ALL, so much! :hug:

It's been a funny day! I fired up my laptop later than usual this morning as my DH was about to go away for a week on business to the States (heading your way !!), so I spent some time with him before he left (after all, I have been glued to this machine for two weeks now, waiting for news !). Anyway, I waved him goodbye, made some coffee, and settled down to another day of 'more NO news'. Well suddenly, there was the email!!!, plus loads of Facebook notifications of private messages, my phone starting beeping with texts !! Madness! I was totally overwhelmed, I think I cried all my mascara off !! (saves me removing it later on !). Phoned my DH, who was only just down the road - it's very nice to have a DH who is proud of you :goodvibes

I've been trying to keep up with all the names, who is in, who is not...I really do feel for anyone who did not make it this time. I've been there, remember? A few times !!! Ha ha, I think they probably relented knowing I would be back again if they didn't at least interview me this time. I did reach Round 3 twice (once I was interviewed and didn't make it; once I had to withdraw for personal reason), then I made it to Round 2 last year and was devastated. Anyway, what I am trying to say....if this is what you want, please don't give up, never give up on your dreams. I am thinking of you all. :grouphug:

The 2013 Moms Panel beckons.... :goodvibes

My DS Sam is due home from school any minute.....I cannot wait to share my excitement with him - he told me that he would be happier than me if I make it :love: We will be celebrating this weekend!

Good luck to everyone for the R3 interviews..I've just returned my email with all my contact details for next week. And Good Luck to everyone else for NEXT year :)

I've also been wrestling with the idea of blogging, and I'm curious as to whether having a blog helps one's chances. I can see arguments for and against its usefulness. Round 3'ers, what say you?

WOOO HOOOO !!!! :cool1:

I made it to the Final !!!

I am in shock, have only just found out.... am now going to read back through all the posts to see all the news from everyone else.

Yay !!! :banana:

Awesome! I had a hunch :)

I'm in Northern Va, too! (Loudoun County) How about you?

We should plan a regional meet up! My Mickey Moms invite came mid
october a couple of years ago. I think things are a little delayed this year :rolleyes1

I'm in Fairfax! We should do it. Maybe we could plan the first one for December 10th. :rotfl:

Hey all, I'm in Fairfax County too -- I'd love to join you if you do a local meetup! We can strategize for next year. :-)

Nancy

I am in Northen VA (Fairfax County) too. I am interested in a regional meet up

Someone want to create a forum? I'm in Central VA but would be fine to travel a bit :D Or y'all can come down here ;) Charlottesville has lots of wineries and gorgeous scenery.

I'm just outside of Baltimore, but I could be convinced to head down to Fairfax, depending on when a meetup occurs.

Hey, ladies! I'm in Loudoun County, too and would love to try to join a meet, too!

I received my email asking us to fill in our contact information, our social media FYI and our best contact number.

I crossed every T and dotted every I (in the computer world, that is),
and sent it on its merry way.
We should hear from Disney either today or Monday..

I've also been wrestling with the idea of blogging, and I'm curious as to whether having a blog helps one's chances. I can see arguments for and against its usefulness. Round 3'ers, what say you?

Trust me, I thought the same thing. I do not blog..Not for lack of wanting to pen my thoughts... but for lack of time. My schedule is so crazy at times, that for me to blog would be insanity at best. I did think at one time that not having a blog hurt your chances, but I did see people who do not blog and who do not use Social Media every second move on to be on the Panel..

I was bummed last night and was doing fine this morning, I realized I didn't have the time to stress about an interview and had I made it, I would have spent my whole vacation wondering. So, I know the time wasn't right and to move on and try next year (and I will not let myself get so tangled into the emotional aspect!!).

My phone rings, caller id shows (407) and for a weak moment I allow myself to think it's going to be Disney and either say they are upgrading my hotel or they sent me the wrong email. The person says they are with Disney and my heart stops. Yeah, it's DVC following up from Feb when I requested info. I feel so silly for even thinking it would be something good. I guess my brain has moved on but not my heart.

I'm out, too, but I'm not sad. I have been applying since the mom's panel began, so it only took five years to get to round 2. So five more years to make it to round 3 and five more years until I am selected. So yay! Mom's Panel 2022 here I come! :banana: :rotfl2:
In all seriousness, I would have had to jump through a lot of hoops and turned life upside down to make the training this year (which, if I had been selected, of course I would have because it would have been worth it!). So in a way it is a relief to not have to deal with that ever coming up- the decision was made for me.
I am SO EXCITED for those of you who made it to R3! Please keep us in the loop about the process, and we are cheering you on! :cheer2:

Trust me, I thought the same thing. I do not blog..Not for lack of wanting to pen my thoughts... but for lack of time. My schedule is so crazy at times, that for me to blog would be insanity at best. I did think at one time that not having a blog hurt your chances, but I did see people who do not blog and who do not use Social Media every second move on to be on the Panel..

That's it right there--time. Hopefully your free time will be taken up answering questions. Knock 'em dead next week!

I received my email asking us to fill in our contact information, our social media FYI and our best contact number.

I crossed every T and dotted every I (in the computer world, that is),
and sent it on its merry way.
We should hear from Disney either today or Monday..

I really am happy for you and can't wait to hear more!!! :dance3:

Encouraged to see a few more of us with good news this morning, but still a bit surprised at how low the numbers are from our group. I truly wonder if things with the panel didn't change course mid-way this year, given the seemingly haphazard timing of things, the later announcement date, etc. Having worked in hiring for 9 years before becoming a SAHM (and hiring intern classes - similar in size, scope, timing to the Mom's Panel), I'm more than familiar with needs changing midcourse. Perhaps they decided to keep more past panelists on, elected to not have as many specialty panelists, decided they didn't have enough good candidates to have a large R3 :scared1:, or maybe they're just running behind. I guess we'll never know....unless someone from here ultimately makes it onto this year's panel, and can pump the powers-that-be for info during training. :rotfl:

I didi reread the e-mail this morning, and do agree with the questionable wording about "thousands of applications" and making it to the final. This certainly raises some questions - or someone at Disney really needs a refresher course in business writing. As a poster last night said, they were trying to cover up the rejection with an overdose of flowery language, and ultimately made the rejection worse. Sometimes short and direct is the way to go - like a Band-Aid!

I agree the wording was poor and I didn't figure out I did not make it until the second paragraph. It was more like having a bandaid ripped off.

But I am happy for those who made it to round 3, I would like to share in their excitement. However, I am sad. I will be thinking of them and praying for them.

Im going to use mine as therapy and a place to gather troups for prayer and encouragement. My goal isn't just to increase my chances, but to have an outlet for all my disney knowledge! Time will be an issue here too, but i'm gonna try

That's it right there--time. Hopefully your free time will be taken up answering questions. Knock 'em dead next week!

Thank you!... I am so hopeful that this will be a positive experience. I have never done a phone interview before...usually its all face to face.

I really am happy for you and can't wait to hear more!!! :dance3:

Thank you... I will try to keep you all updated as to each step!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter