More Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

I received my email asking us to fill in our contact information, our social media FYI and our best contact number.

Yea... that would sink me... roflmbo :lmao:

AND IMO an important thing to think about for people who want to try out next year... My guess is your "social Media" skills could be a huge deciding factor if you make it to the last round.

Perhaps starting a blog and twitter account that is dedicated to All Things Disney, but with oodles of you mixed in.

Couldnt hurt and could be a fun way to channel your skillz :-)

I have so many mixed emotions right now. On one hand I am so excited to say that after five years of applying I made it to round 3! On the other hand, I feel so heartbroken for everyone who didn't make it. :grouphug: I feel so very honored to be among such wonderful Disney fanatics and will keep pushing to keep the dream alive! Everyone have a wonderful weekend and catch up on some much needed rest!!

Oh, I can't believe most everyone has heard yet! I am a DCL applicant and haven't heard anything. I'm so upset. I'm assuming they must not have picked me if they haven't tried to schedule an interview. I want to know one way or the other though! I've been lurking and am so caught up in this wonderful group and this wonderful idea of being on the panel and helping people plan their trips.

Should I email someone? I don't want to get someone upset by harassing them and asking them where my letter is, just in case there is a chance that I got in.

So happy for all of you that did make it to R3 for sure. I've been following your adventures and just loving reading about all of it. I want to know one way or the other. The tears have started to flow thinking I didn't make it.

I have so many mixed emotions right now. On one hand I am so excited to say that after five years of applying I made it to round 3! On the other hand, I feel so heartbroken for everyone who didn't make it. :grouphug: I feel so very honored to be among such wonderful Disney fanatics and will keep pushing to keep the dream alive! Everyone have a wonderful weekend and catch up on some much needed rest!!

Yahoo! Congratulations :banana:

Oh, I can't believe most everyone has heard yet! I am a DCL applicant and haven't heard anything. I'm so upset. I'm assuming they must not have picked me if they haven't tried to schedule an interview. I want to know one way or the other though! I've been lurking and am so caught up in this wonderful group and this wonderful idea of being on the panel and helping people plan their trips.

Should I email someone? I don't want to get someone upset by harassing them and asking them where my letter is, just in case there is a chance that I got in.

So happy for all of you that did make it to R3 for sure. I've been following your adventures and just loving reading about all of it. I want to know one way or the other. The tears have started to flow thinking I didn't make it.

I hear you, loud and clear! I'm a DVC applicant right beside you in limboland... This upsets me way more than not getting in, which I suspect is the case. But I need closure!! :goodvibes Not sure what to do... StephanieSum suggested sending something to Laura via FB...

Any email yet one way or another? Do you have any thoughts of any option if we don't ever get an email??? :scared1: The thought of limbo is worse for me than the suspense over the last two weeks!

I know it really is awful to think we waited all this time and don't even have the closure of an email, but I'm thinking it's time to move on and concentrate on next year. It does kinda make me imagine a sheet with my name and R2 answers on it lying all sad and lonely under a conference room table though:sad2:

For those of you yet to get an e-mail...true story

Yesterday I received two e-mail from Nemo and Friends with the subject "Mr. Ray's Pop Quiz Certificate"

Sure enough, my kids got their certificates from the quiz machines at the end of the Nemo ride in Epcot. Thing is...we completed the e-mail screen when we were there in September...September of 2010 :confused3

Hope it doesn't take more than a year for the other e-mail to go out!

:scared1:Oh the horror. Can you imagine if we apply again next year and get this year's R2 rejection email while we're waiting to hear about the 2013 panel. Extra scared:scared1::scared1:

No. I am a little bit hurt that it is clear there is a problem, and nobody cares. I just wrote TO THE MOMS PANEL (because they must be the right department) to see if I could flag down a helper.

The lack of communication is not so magical. :surfweb:

It seems like this is a continuing problem for them. I wonder if in the future they will just stop notifying those who didn't progress. They say they can't contact everyone who doesn't move on. Maybe they'll start doing that.

What do you think about tweeting Laura??? I hesitate for obvious reasons...

I think someone already did and there's been no response that I've seen.

Still no email here either....:confused3.

Any email yet one way or another? Do you have any thoughts of any option if we don't ever get an email??? The thought of limbo is worse for me than the suspense over the last two weeks!/QUOTE]

At this point I'm thinking we need to just let it go, and start cheering on the R3 peeps/planning for next year. Stinks I know, but the selection committee has to know that not everyone got emails at this point and I'm sure they would be double/triple checking that they notified the R3 hopefuls. If something happened to our applications and we weren't even considered I'm not sure there would be anything to be done about it at this point.

I've moved on to looking forward to the Mickey Moms Club email...hmmm I really hope I actually GET the Mickey Moms Club email.

At this point I'm thinking we need to just let it go, and start cheering on the R3 peeps/planning for next year. Stinks I know, but the selection committee has to know that not everyone got emails at this point and I'm sure they would be double/triple checking that they notified the R3 hopefuls. If something happened to our applications and we weren't even considered I'm not sure there would be anything to be done about it at this point.

I've moved on to looking forward to the Mickey Moms Club email...hmmm I really hope I actually GET the Mickey Moms Club email.

Very well said... and I have officially shaken off my disappointment over the lack of email and am looking toward next year. Thanks for your words of wisdom!

I am so glad I scheduled DD's 10th birthday trip this week! Now I can put all my Disney energy into make HER dreams come true!

And I certainly am excited for our R3ers... here's a special shout out to kdill-- do Charlotte proud, girl!

Wow, I didn't realize there were so many of us that didn't hear yet! I am not Laura's friend on facebook. Are you? Would you reach out to her that way? I would hesitate to do that, or on twitter, but I would like to know.

Do you think they realize that there are those of us who haven't heard already? I so wanted to know and be celebrating, and being helping people plan their Disney cruises! It was such a magical, magical time that my family cannot stop talking about, that I'm just crushed to not know one way or the other.

I am celebrating for those who did make it though. I definitely won't want to bring them down. Hooray to you all! Some of my favorites of you made it, and I'm so excited to hear from you on the panel! I read it religiously. :yay:

Congrats! If you've ridden this roller coaster ride for five years and keep coming back for more you definitely deserve your R3 invite:rotfl:

(not to imply that it was simply staying power that qualified you)

Enjoy the rest of the ride...we'll all be here cheering you and the other R3ers on:thumbsup2

Congrats surfergrl 31. Kudos to you for coming back and keeping at it with your love for Disney. Best of luck to you in the phone interviews! Can't wait to hear how those go. :goodvibes

I just know you will get an email.. one way or the other!! I'm guessing they have a few decisions to still make.. which means that you are all still in the running!:yay:

Very well said... and I have officially shaken off my disappointment over the lack of email and am looking toward next year. Thanks for your words of wisdom!

I am so glad I scheduled DD's 10th birthday trip this week! Now I can put all my Disney energy into make HER dreams come true!

And I certainly am excited for our R3ers... here's a special shout out to kdill-- do Charlotte proud, girl!

Ooo..A Disney birthday trip coming up:cool1:

Have an awesome time and Happy Birthday to your DD:bday:

Thanks for the encouragement MY4KIDSLUVDISNEY.
I know this probably doesn't make you feel any better, but you were one of the ones I thought sure would make it!

I was super excited to apply for the DCL panel having just been on the Dream. Haven't heard of anyone making it yet for DCL, but I haven't caught up on all of the threads. Is there anyone?

If I don't ever hear, I'd like to at least cheer someone on!

WOOO HOOOO !!!! :cool1:

I made it to the Final !!!

I am in shock, have only just found out.... am now going to read back through all the posts to see all the news from everyone else.

Yay !!! :banana:

Congrats - I was hoping you would make it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter