Moonpie's planning journal! I'm back from my Disneymoon!

Congratulations Moonpie! You looked beautiful. What an awesome dress! Enjoy being newlyweds and enjoy your Disneymoon!

Love it, moonpie- Love it! You both looked great and happy. Cant wait to see those professional photos. Congrats!!

Moonpie!! I remember seeing the pics of your ceremony and reception site and thinking how beautiful it would be for you!! But the pics of you and your hubby blew me away!! YOu looked beautiful!! And SRU is right, you can't even tell the groom was headless at one point... lol... :rotfl:

Tell us all about your wedding and have a wonderful time on your honeymoon!! I can't believe your wedding is over. That means mine is only a month away.... :woohoo:

Moonpie - everything turned out wonderful. And you looked beautiful in your dress...

Have a great honeymoon! :thumbsup2

Moonpie,

Girl you look fabulous! The pictures you posted are really nice. (I kinda like the orange jacket guy--he matched a lot of your decorations :rotfl2: ) You and your hubby are just adorable :love: I'm sure all of your guests appreciated all the extra touches you provided.

I can't wait to see more pictures!

Congrats and Enjoy your Disneymoon! :cheer2:

You looked amazing. I remember seeing the dress when you originally posted it, it looked beautiful on you. I can't wait to see more pics and read your trip report!

congratulations moonpie! i love all your personal touches & antique style. you looked beautiful.

Moonpie - I thought of you on Saturday too! I woke up and got all excited when I remembered it was your wedding day. I thought, "Moonpie is getting married today - I can't wait to see her pictures!" So congratulations - your hair looked perfect, the dress was just gorgeous, and, most of all, you both looked so happy! :goodvibes

Congrats Moonpie!!! All of your planning came together so nicely. I love your hair and your hair wrap too!! Can't wait for the details :Pinkbounc

CONGRATS! You looked stunning and sooo happy! Can't wait to see more pictures, all of your ideas were so original and unique, and I'm sure everyone loved them!

Have fun on your Disneymoon! :cheer2:

Thank you for all your sweet comments everyone! :wave:

Wedding report...a long one!

Well, my favorite part of the day was the ceremony. Which is funny, because that's the part I was most nervous about, and was also the part I felt the most unsure about. But, once I saw my fiance standing at the end of (the very long) church I felt so relaxed, and really enjoyed the entire ceremony from that moment on. I pretty much was nearly on the edge of tears for most of the ceremony, but was always just barely stopped by my fiance whispering, "baseball....baseball..." Which comes from, "There's no crying in baseball." a quote from A League Of There Own. So, everytime he said "baseball" I'd smile, and for at least that moment the tears stayed in. I also really, really enjoyed having our Minister read the stories that we each wrote. He had asked us to each write a story of how we met. He had also asked us to each pick a poem to be read. If you at all have a choice of what gets put into the ceremony, I highly suggest the idea of writing stories. It added a bit of real personality to the ceremony, as well as some humor. They were the part of the ceremony that most people remembered.

Well, after that we walked down the aisle, and out the door...and didn't know where to put ourselves after that! We had worked so hard on putting the ceremony together, that we hadn't thought of where to go after we leave the church! :rotfl: So, we stood on the side of the building and waited for our photographer.

After posing for a zillion photos we entered our reception hall, in which most of my family had already found all the beer and wine, and were well....lit. We sat down, and enjoyed our food...well, I couldn't really eat from excitment, and the corset I was wearing really didn't allow for too much to be eaten! But, the Mac and Cheese was awesome! And the chili tasted YUM! And most people mentioned that they hadn't had food like this at weddings...and they liked it!

Dancing! Well, as you may have known, my fiance and I are dance school drop outs...so there was no big dance number. But, since we only had a Spanish guitarist, and a percussionist at the reception, we didn't think that no dancing would be a big deal. But, we got pressured into it! So, we just held each other close, and casually moved to the music. It wasn't a big deal, and people actually joined us on the dance floor...but quickly ran away when my Mother decided to do some sort of awkward kookoo bird mating dance. :sad2:

We then cut a cupcake, and fed each other....no smashing of cake in faces...dress way to expensive for that! Then everyone picked out desserts at the dessert table, and got ice cold milk that was displayed next to our cake table. Yum! We had so much extra that we gave our extra cookies and goodies away to the students that go to school on the campus!

Most people said that they noticed the extra effort we put into everything. The church staff were also very interested in our ceremony programs. They hadn't seen anything like it before. And everyone seemed to like the tin toys, and they all colored and drew with the pencils on the paper that were on the tables. I saved the paper, and will cut out some pictures that people made for my wedding scrap book. And it was so cute to see everyone look through the view masters! :3dglasses

I had a great time, and had very sore feet...and left for the weekend very happy. We spent the rest of the weekend in San Francisco, staying in the hotel where we got engaged...about a year ago.

And for all of you who are stressing over your wedding...I found that once the ceremony started, that nothing else mattered. All the things that I thought were important, were nothing compared to that moment. I also think that I shouldn't have worried so much about my weight, and trying to lose pounds for that day....which I didn't really lose anyway. The people who came to my wedding are people who love me, and just want to see me and my new husband happy. They don't really care about how I look in my dress. And honestly, when I look at some of our pictures, it's not the look of myself in my dress that I see...I see how I'm looking at my husband, and how he looks at me. That's what makes a wedding picture a great one. Anyway, that's my two cents. :)

Moonpie, thank you for your wise words in reference to losing weight to look beautiful in our dresses. You're right. No matter what, the bride is always the most beautiful in the room. And your family is there to support you in love and kindness. Your DF loves you before that day and he will look at you with adoring eyes on the day you become husband and wife. I am beginning ot accept that. My hangup is that I have to wear a bathing suit for a week while we are on our honeymoon in Aruba... otherwise, as far as the dress is concerned, I'm happy with how it fits and how I look when I wear it. I can't wait for our big day . Only 33 days and a few hours left. :cool1:

Woo Hoo! I hope you have a wonderful time on your Disneymoon! Your wedding looked beautiful, as well as you did. Your dress was stunning. Congrats!

Thank you everyone for all of the compliments, and all the encouragement you all gave!
reception9-1.jpg

I think I'll start packing for my Disneymoon! Woooooohoooooooo!

You and your hubby look adorable. What a happy couple. Thanks for sharing your big day with us. I can't wait to see more pics!

Hey everyone! Now that my wedding is over, I'm hearing from family about some unfortunate events during my reception. My cousin has an 11 year old boy who came to our wedding, and apparently took over the candy table, and started throwing candy at people. I visited our candy table with my husband, and saw that he and my other cousin 13 years old, were sitting next to it saying smart a## comments to our guests. I spoke kindly to them only to turn around and get nailed by a sour candy on my back. My husband told his parents right away, and he was quickly put on time out for the entire rest of the wedding....which I thought was the end of that....but now I'm finding out that he threw candy, and spoke rudely to other guests including the photographer! :furious: I'm so upset that he made my guests feel uncomfortable! He has absolutely no respect for adults, or for that matter a wedding! :furious: ...and I'm crying now because I can't really go back in time and change things....but if any of you are inviting a preteen to your wedding, please make sure that it's someone that is respectful, and mindful of their parents.

I'm so sorry if I sounded too rough...I was just upset about what happened. I'm okay now.

Moonpie said:
I'm so sorry if I sounded too rough...I was just upset about what happened. I'm okay now.

Absolutely not! You have every right to be upset. His parents should have been keeping better track of his actions. I would be upset too!

You know, your wedding was so beautiful and had so many unique touches, your guests will have nothing but fond memories of the day - I'll bet no one will even remember that kid!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter