Moonpie's planning journal! I'm back from my Disneymoon!

Moonpie,

What a great idea...and boy all those desserts sound tasty. You have a great menu!

So....My fiance and I found out that there may be construction going on at AKL during our honeymoon. We've tried to call for details, but they never answer their phones...so I'm sure we'll find out more in a few days!

My wedding is next Saturday, November 4th! It's coming fast! Ahhhhhhhhh! :yay:

I put together a small photo display of my fiance and I when we were children. It will be displayed in the reception hall next to the "guest book". I just put it in one of those wooden shadow box frames from Pottery Barn.
display.jpg

I'm using this tin litho picnic basket from the 1950's to hold our programs in the church. I sewed some colorful napkins to put inside.
basket.jpg

I should be getting some more things done for the wedding tonight....but I'm so tired from work....and should also go work out at the gym....ugh....there's no time....or energy to get everything done!

*sigh* It's been a really busy weekend for wedding planning. Coming here during my breaks really helps. You all are so nice, and it's good to see that I'm not the only one that thinks wedding colors, and gift baskets take high priority. :)

I just finished putting together my candy jars that I will have set up on a table for people to pick and choose, and put into little cellophane bags that have our personal stickers on them.
candyjar1.jpg

We've got caffe latte malt balls -sooooo good- we had them shipped from a little candy shop in New Jersey where I first had them. Peanut butter malt balls, candy raspberries, butterscotch, clove, and peaches & cream candy sticks, and habanero lollipops-just for fun, and mocha/coffee/latte lollipops.
candyjar2.jpg

My wedding is on Saturday! I'll post more if I can! :)

Wow! That looks great Moonpie! You've done so much work for your big day, I'm sure saturday will be the happiest day of your life!!! Enjoy it! :goodvibes

Oh wow Moonpie,

Those candy jars and the idea of having your guests fill their cellophane bags is just the icing on the cake. If I had a shred of your talent we wouldn't be having a DFTW!

Have fun Saturday! I hope you'll post pictures of your wedding when you come back from your honeymoon.

Ive been lurking at all of your ideas for a while. I am in awe! You are so good at what you do, so creative and just so darn talented. I wish I had the creativity to do things like that. Your wedding will be absolutely you (as it should be!). I cannot wait to see the pictures and how all of this comes together. It is going to be beautiful! BEst Wishes pixiedust:

:blush: :blush: :blush: ...thanks for saying so.

My wedding is on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it normal for me to be having so many stressed out moments? I think I've had basically a two year old fit just about every day for the last two weeks! Well, hopefully I'll start feeling better now...as a teacher I had to get my report cards, and testing done, and make sub plans all by yesterday...so that I could take today and tomorrow off to prepare for the wedding. ...plus, I'm getting stressed out about having to make myself "look girly, and pretty" for my big day. It really just isn't me...I'd prefer to keep my nails unpainted...wear no makeup, and I'm absolutely terrified of falling in my shoes! .......okay, thanks for listening to my rant. :)

You sound a lot like me (but i have to have makeup- otherwise... you wouldnt think im getting ready for halloween).

Good luck- Saturday is just around the corner.

Also I think we will be honeymooning at the same time! Im getting married the 14th so you should be coming in right around there. Ill be looking for you- get a pair of those ears okay!

Maggimus said:
You sound a lot like me (but i have to have makeup- otherwise... you wouldnt think im getting ready for halloween).

Good luck- Saturday is just around the corner.

Also I think we will be honeymooning at the same time! Im getting married the 14th so you should be coming in right around there. Ill be looking for you- get a pair of those ears okay!

Okay! I'll be wearing my ears! I'll keep my eye out for you!

Moonpie, everything looks fantastic. I love your theme and ideas. I hope that everything goes perfectly for you on Saturday. Congratulations to you and your DH to be. I can't wait to see pictures!

I'm married!!!! :cool1: And now I can focus on the important things....like my Disneymoon!!!! :rotfl:

Well our wedding was on Saturday, and the rain decided to stop for the weekend so that we could have a little sunshine at the Mission. I must say that the day didn't go smoothly in the beginning....little things like my hair not being quite right, being a little behind schedule...being unable to find our site coordinator for most of the day......and finally, and most upsetting to me....the little groom on our cake (an antique) fell to the floor about an hour before our ceremony and his head broke off! It's a good thing we packed a glue gun with us!

Here are some pictures! They are not professional pictures...they are some pics taken by a family friend. We won't get our formal pictures until after Thanksgiving.
Here is my Mother (who walked me down the aisle), me, and my Matron of Honor. I had no other bridesmaids.
prewedding.jpg

This is just after our vows...and the music begins for us to walk out of the church, hand in hand... :love:
wedding1.jpg

This is me and my husband entering the reception hall.
reception8.jpg

Attempting to dance...
reception1.jpg

Reading the "guest book" tags that we have hung on some branches in the entrance of the reception hall.
reception5.jpg

Happy couple.
reception3.jpg

Our cake.
cake1.jpg

I know what your thinking with this picture. "Who invited the guy with the orange jacket to the wedding?" These are some fun friends of the family. And the guy in the orange jacket had too good of a time and actually fell asleep some where in the building! :lmao:
reception2.jpg

Our bestman giving a speech. Ignore the silly face that my husband is making.
reception6.jpg

I'll give a report of what happened later! And of course I'll post my formal pictures when they come.

AW! You looked awesome! And you can't even tell your hair wasn't right or the groom cake topper was headless at one point :)

Congratulations!!! :Pinkbounc Believe it or not, I thought about you all weekend (even though I don't know you!) because I so love the details you shared of your planning and I was in anticipation of how the real thing went!

I can't wait to hear more!!! Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations Moonpie - you lood gorge and both of you look so happy, what an amazing wedding you planned and created and yayyy let the Disneymoon commence.

I bet all your wedding guests were sooooo overwhelmed by everything that you did and if they weren't well then they should have been. The menu sounded yummy scrummy!

Congrats again

Everything looks fantastic!!!! Such a beautiful wedding.

Have a great time on your Disneymoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter