Moonlight magic registration

Thanks! We went to ak last year and the party as great I didn't realize how lucky I was to get tickets. I had no Idea i could open more than one link. Like a fool i just waited for my number to come up

How does it work if you are staying on resale (white card) points, but also have a blue card? Are you still emailed the link because you are staying on dvc points the night of the event?
I’m staying on resale points and got the email yesterday. I think eligibility is tied to your digital membership card and since I am DVC-Y, it doesn’t seem to care which membership was used. And I had to use the resale membership number used for the reservation to complete the registration.

My wife logged in right at 10am today for the May 11 MM and was 11000 person in line. Of course she was not able to secure tickets.
:furious:

How does it work if you are staying on resale (white card) points, but also have a blue card? Are you still emailed the link because you are staying on dvc points the night of the event?
Yes, you should get the email. Just make sure to use the Membership number the reservation is under - the system will recognize you as an eligible Member (just like all your Memberships are under one sign-in).

My wife logged in right at 10am today for the May 11 MM and was 11000 person in line. Of course she was not able to secure tickets.
:furious:

Anyone logging in before 11 am is randomly assigned a spot along with those signing in right at 11 am.

So, it really is luck for those trying right on timel. As I posted, I got in the 9000s for the computer which I joined 20. Minutes early, and 6400s for clicking right at 11 am.

I am sorry you didn’t get in.

Just to confirm that they had registration for DHS for the September event already? I don't remember having to do that so early and I just secured a room reservation with that Sept date in it so I am thinking I don't have any opportunity to get tickets for that date correct? Is there an additional round for those with actual DVC reservations? So confused! I thought it would be closer to September! UGH!

Last edited:
Just to confirm that they had registration for DHS for the September event already? I don't remember having to do that so early and I just secured a reservations with that date in it so I am thinking I don't have any opportunity to get tickets for that date correct? Is there an additional round for those with actual DVC reservations? So confused! I thought it would be closer to September! UGH!
Yes, for whatever reason the registration for May 11th and September 13th were the same queue system. Not sure why the September one was so early. I was eligible for both since we are staying during both dates, but ended up getting neither despite being in queue right as the clock stuck 11:00:00.

Still just bummed we didn't get to register especially after the last WDW Moonlight Magic we got tickets for was cancelled because of Hurricane Ian.

Yes, for whatever reason the registration for May 11th and September 13th were the same queue system. Not sure why the September one was so early. I was eligible for both since we are staying during both dates, but ended up getting neither despite being in queue right as the clock stuck 11:00:00.

Still just bummed we didn't get to register especially after the last WDW Moonlight Magic we got tickets for was cancelled because of Hurricane Ian.
Thank you! That is quite insane you were not able to get in with both dates available to you. I don't understand why they would do that. It simply should be everyone who has a reservation only for that date with one queue. I thought you could only get an opportunity if you had a reservation for a specific date. Crazy. Sorry you didn't get in! Another reason for me to think I might have made a mistake doing DVC 16 years ago. Its so hard to get reservations for studios because so many people are renting out their points. Weve been once or twice but never to Hollywood studios.

Sounds like on May 3 tickets will be gone in mins. Makes me sad, I’m not the quickest and I feel like I’m having a heart attack trying to type in info.

Sounds like on May 3 tickets will be gone in mins. Makes me sad, I’m not the quickest and I feel like I’m having a heart attack trying to type in info.
I think once you are at the point you can enter info, you are pretty much set, unless you just leave the screen open for too long. I think they give you 5 minutes? Should be enough time to type out what's needed.

It has always been done like this…one date for all events for those that have a resort reservation. The general sign up is the one that is closer to the event.

Thank you! That is quite insane you were not able to get in with both dates available to you. I don't understand why they would do that. It simply should be everyone who has a reservation only for that date with one queue. I thought you could only get an opportunity if you had a reservation for a specific date. Crazy. Sorry you didn't get in! Another reason for me to think I might have made a mistake doing DVC 16 years ago. Its so hard to get reservations for studios because so many people are renting out their points. Weve been once or twice but never to Hollywood studios.
There are way more eligible members with resort reservations for each date then there are spots.

So, not everyone who has a stay booked would be able to get tickets.

Deep breaths…

The set up is always the same… login to the website earlier and when the window opens you’ll automatically be placed in the queue. Who can figure out how that’s done? I saw someone post they were number 16… I did the same thing and was 5400+… others reported 11,000+!

I’ve been doing this since MM was first offered. It was never easy. There were always way fewer spaces available than eligible members. So it has always been luck and not a guarantee. What makes it even worse is that several DVC properties have opened since MM was created… thousands more members and available rooms to book. Add to that all those people who log in on multiple devices… how could this work except as a lottery?

I visit several times a year and have been to exactly one event… the first time EPCOT was offered which is years ago. I did get in for HS in September… I am so grateful and know enough to appreciate how incredibly lucky I was.

If I had a wish, it would be that there was a way to limit the number of events a member could attend… maybe one a year… regardless of which member was the lead on the registration… if you attended one, that was it for the year.

I really wish all those seeking tickets on May 3 the very best of luck! Geez, I just can’t help but believe there has to be a way to make it less stressful.

It took about 40 to 45 minutes for May 11th to be sold out and until about an hour and 20 minutes for September 11th. But, there were over 10k people in line within a few seconds of opening the actual Que.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter