• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moonlight Magic at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park Announced

Would this be worth going to if not wanting to get in the water? I know that sounds strange but my wheelchair using son doesn’t do water parks but would likely love “extra magic”

Would this be worth going to if not wanting to get in the water? I know that sounds strange but my wheelchair using son doesn’t do water parks but would likely love “extra magic”

No I wouldn't go.

Both because its unlikely to really be worth it and because you would be taking a spot from people who would want to go in the water.

You can do whatever you would like though.

I would absolutely go! It’s not just water. I read there will be a DJ and snacks. It’s a great experience. You won’t be “taking away a spot”, your son has just as much a right to attend as anyone else. Lots of sour grapes around. None of my trips this year have coincided with a MM but that’s the way it goes. I’ve been lucky and have been to some. I’m just happy they are back.

No I wouldn't go.

Both because its unlikely to really be worth it and because you would be taking a spot from people who would want to go in the water.

You can do whatever you would like though.
Yikes, I’d like to think just because he can’t go in the water he is still just as “worthy” as any other DVC member to attend an event we are qualified to. That was cringe worthy. My question was intended to ask if there would be events beyond just the water activities. Perhaps you think he shouldn’t go to Hollywood Studios because he can only ride half of the rides and he is taking away a space from someone that could ride them all?

Last edited:
Yikes, I’d like to think just because he can’t go in the water he is still just as “worthy” as any other DVC member to attend an event we are qualified to. That was cringe worthy. My question was intended to ask if there would be events beyond just the water activities. Perhaps you think he shouldn’t go to Hollywood Studios because he can only ride half of the rides and he is taking away a space from someone that could ride them all?

Where did I say him or anyone else is not worthy? I did not so.

Its a water park so the main draw is the water park with a couple small things thrown in. I am confused how that is a "yikes" or "cringe".

Its like people asking if they should go to Six Flags for an event but they don't ride any rollercoasters. I would say no there as well. Go if you prefer but you asked for feedback and I provided it. I would just think someone who doesn't do waterparks might not have a great.

Also in turn there are people who will likely miss out on the event that are huge water park fans. So I was just commenting that its not like a normal Disney park day where they let in 50k people to a park. These are fairly limited events that sell out although maybe these Typhoon Lagoon events dont sell out? In that case try it out.

EDIT: Just adding I dislike how you tried to put words in my mouth as if I am persecuting someone. I read your statement as someone who doesn't do waterparks and responded with my thoughts.

You won’t be “taking away a spot”, your son has just as much a right to attend as anyone else

I never said anything regarding their right to attend the event. Anyone can go if they choose to and qualify for moonlight.

There is a limit on space and if it sells out it does mean someone else would not be able to go.

The question was if someone who doesn't do waterparks should go to a waterpark. I think your limited time in Disney World (unless you are local) would be better off spent doing something you love as opposed to getting a couple snacks and hearing a who knows how good DJ.

Also by the way in the past snacks have been chips, cookies, lemonade, and ice cream bars. They have done a meal voucher before for this event but that doesn't sound like the case here. So its not like you are getting even a true dinners worth of possible food options.

Most definitely go! Just like going to the beach or a lake party and not swim. Enjoy the festivities. There is more added to these parties then regular daily stuff. Have fun.

Where did I say him or anyone else is not worthy? I did not so.

Its a water park so the main draw is the water park with a couple small things thrown in. I am confused how that is a "yikes" or "cringe".

Its like people asking if they should go to Six Flags for an event but they don't ride any rollercoasters. I would say no there as well. Go if you prefer but you asked for feedback and I provided it. I would just think someone who doesn't do waterparks might not have a great.

Also in turn there are people who will likely miss out on the event that are huge water park fans. So I was just commenting that its not like a normal Disney park day where they let in 50k people to a park. These are fairly limited events that sell out although maybe these Typhoon Lagoon events dont sell out? In that case try it out.

EDIT: Just adding I dislike how you tried to put words in my mouth as if I am persecuting someone. I read your statement as someone who doesn't do waterparks and responded with my thoughts.
I understood perfectly what you meant.
it can be quite frustrating when people ask for your opinion then are aghast that you give it. AND……then dissect every. Single. Word. And look for any little thing to nick pick about.

fwiw, if you don’t enjoy water parks then why would you go? Even with a DJ, a couple of free snacks and maybe a few games - there would be not much else to do.
I also agree that if you “don’t enjoy water parks” then maybe don’t take up a spot from someone who LOVES water parks !
as far as someone putting the word “worthy” out there ….all I can do is smh because no one is more worthy over another and you never mentioned the worthy nor implied anything of the sort.

Crazy that Disney is offering this free event on a MNSSHP night (8/23). How many will punt on plans to spend money and instead do something free.

Crazy that Disney is offering this free event on a MNSSHP night (8/23). How many will punt on plans to spend money and instead do something free.
Perhaps the other divisions haven’t been playing nicely with DVD (no APs available for DVC members has to be a thorn in the guides’ sides during the sales pitch), so they don’t really care.

I honestly think the silo mentality is prevalent at TWDC and no division has a clue what the others are up to.

I’ve had the most fun at Typhoon Lagoon’s moonlight magics. I’m not going to be there for this years events, but definitely it’s fun for everyone, not just swimmers! There’s music, a dance party, characters and yes, you wait in line but they’ve been very generous with ice cream treats in the past.

There have very definitely been guests in wheelchairs enjoying the event!

Last edited:
I’ve had the most fun at Typhoon Lagoon’s moonlight magics. I’m not going to be there for this years events, but definitely it’s fun for everyone, not just swimmers! There’s music, a dance party, characters and yes, you wait in line but they’ve been very generous with ice cream treats in the past.

There have very definitely been guests in wheelchairs enjoying the event!
Thank you. This is most helpful

Anyone got a link for Typhoon Lagoon MM event? I've NEVER received any email for any event so I'll wait around here... 🥲

There aren’t going to be emails sent. The link is already on the DVC site.

So I don't see a link, but I do have a reservation starting on one of those nights. Can someone please pinpoint where it is? Wondering if I should give MS a call...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter