Monsieur Paul Questions

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
anyone been recently?
how long was dinner?
are they making accommodations for intolerances ? I saw some reviews that said they weren’t there yet

We were there a few weeks ago and it was about 3 hours. I don't know about substitutions. Every bite was delicious!

If you look on all ears, there is a video of Quincy and Breedlove eating there. They were newly opened. He is vegan and they didn’t quite have it together, but they were working on it, and very attentive.

anyone been recently?
how long was dinner?
are they making accommodations for intolerances ? I saw some reviews that said they weren’t there yet

We ate there in late January. We were there for about 3 hours. Our ADR was 5:30, the fireworks ended about 5-10 minutes before we left. My DH isn’t allergic, but does not eat seafood. He was willing to have a vegan option for those courses or just skip them. The server spoke with the chef & they accommodated him with other foods instead for the 2 seafood courses. The first appetizer course included grape tomatoes stuffed with an olive tapenade. Instead of the fish course, he got an onion tart. He said the tomatoes were very good, but he absolutely loved the tart. I didn’t take a picture of the tomatoes, this is a not so good picture of the tart.

2A415A68-5DA1-47D1-A30B-F4E57B38E225.png

We ate there in late January. We were there for about 3 hours. Our ADR was 5:30, the fireworks ended about 5-10 minutes before we left. My DH isn’t allergic, but does not eat seafood. He was willing to have a vegan option for those courses or just skip them. The server spoke with the chef & they accommodated him with other foods instead for the 2 seafood courses. The first appetizer course included grape tomatoes stuffed with an olive tapenade. Instead of the fish course, he got an onion tart. He said the tomatoes were very good, but he absolutely loved the tart. I didn’t take a picture of the tomatoes, this is a not so good picture of the tart.

View attachment 754431
Did they still charge your husband $195? I do not drink and am not a fan of seafood.

Did they still charge your husband $195? I do not drink and am not a fan of seafood.

It's prix fixe. They'll charge that no matter what or how much a diner eats.

Mocktails are likely available. Victoria & Albert's gave us one instead of their welcome cocktail since we don't drink. I can't imagine M. Paul wouldn't have a similar substitution.

Yes. Neither of us really drink, I will occasionally have a mimosa on a special occasion but my husband never does. We did get a nonalcoholic welcome drink. I loved it, it was sweet like melted sherbet, he didn’t so I drank both. The server kind of pushed the pear brandy on us with the intermezzo. He kept on about how delicious it is & you wouldn’t taste the alcohol. Wrong. We ate it but definitely didn’t care for the taste of the brandy. If I go again, I would absolutely insist on just the sorbet with no brandy. And he just brought the after dinner cordial out. I took one sip but again, didn’t like it & would refuse the next time.

I think he was brought courses from the vegetarian menu instead of the 2 seafood courses. Everything else was from the regular menu. I think making him those special items was time consuming & extra effort, so I think keeping the pricing the same was fair. I don’t personally care for cheese. So I took maybe 2 tiny nibbles from that course. But going in I understood that we would be paying the full price no matter how much or little we ate of any course.

This is the nonalcoholic welcome drink. I didn’t take a picture of his other nonseafood course. But he enjoyed both items.

BB6C3640-336C-42E0-B56A-E9776C4E7401.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter