disneybex

Mouseketeer
Our home resort is BCV, which we are very happy with and absolutely love! However, we now have a one year old and baby on the way, so for our planned trip next year, we will likely spend much more time at MK. Given this, which room views are likely to be available for the first couple of weeks of May at the 7 month mark?

We have stayed in a mix of 1 bed and studios in the past and think we'd like to do a split stay this time, to see if we need to go with a 1 bed now we have two extra little people, or if a studio will work for us. So, a week in a studio at BCV (for Stormalong Bay), followed by a week in BLT in a 1 bed would be ideal. Is there any chance of a standard view being available or will we likely need to budget the points for a lake view?

Last edited:
Our home resort is BCV, which we are very happy with and absolutely love! However, we now have a one year old and baby on the way, so for our planned trip next year, we will likely spend much more time at MK. Given this, which rooms views are likely to be available for the first couple of weeks of May at the 7 month mark?

We have stayed in a mix of 1 bed and studios in the past and think we'd like to do a split stay this time, to see if we need to go with a 1 bed now we have two extra little people, or if a studio will work for us. So, a week in a studio at BCV (for Stormalong Bay), followed by a week in BLT in a 1 bed would be ideal. Is there any chance of a standard view being available or will we likely need to budget the points for a lake view?
I'm now 2/2 on getting on the monorail loop inside 7 months this year including last month and early December, with some flexibility on room type and resort (we didn't care which on the loop). We did land in the BLT lake view though, so yeah more points with no park view to boot.

It did take a little stalking, I was able to manually add a room that I had waitlisted which goes to show how good waitlists are :-). I feel like with the backlog of points it's just going to take some diligence to check once or twice a day for a cancellation, especially if you're booking a full week (ours were 4 night stays, and one was mostly weeknights).

I'm now 2/2 on getting on the monorail loop inside 7 months this year including last month and early December, with some flexibility on room type and resort (we didn't care which on the loop). We did land in the BLT lake view though, so yeah more points with no park view to boot.

It did take a little stalking, I was able to manually add a room that I had waitlisted which goes to show how good waitlists are :-). I feel like with the backlog of points it's just going to take some diligence to check once or twice a day for a cancellation, especially if you're booking a full week (ours were 4 night stays, and one was mostly weeknights).
The 1brs do seem to be the ones with fluctuating availability though, we got a studio in April, but I think that was a 30 day cancellation that coincided with when we were cleared for travel lol

For first two weeks of May, chances are low for BLT for anything standard view (1BRs sometimes fill even before studios). However, lake view 1BRs have a high chance of being open. VGF 1BRs are also likely.

Budget for a BLT lake view. There's a good chance of that working out for early May. Good luck and congratulations on the pending addition. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter