Monorail Crawl without Mizner's

lzimm13

Mouseketeer
I'm part of a Disney Bachlorette trip at the end of October and I volunteered to plan our arrival day activity: A Monorail Bar Crawl.

I had assumed that Mizner's replacement would be open by that time (I don't know who I thought I was kidding) but It's not looking that way.
The other plans are Tambu Lounge and Trader Sam's at the Polynesian and The Wave Lounge and the California Grill Lounge at The Contemporary.

What would you suggest in Mizner's absence?

Trader Sam’s then grab drinks to go from Tambu. Walk to GF (it’s a nice walk along the water) while enjoying said drinks. Explain that there currently isn’t a great lounge at GF but it’s nice to see either way, and make sure to check out the orchestra! You can then grab a drink at Citrico’s lounge before hopping on the monorail to Contemporary.

Both Citricos and Narcoossee's have bars, but the are fairly small so depending on how many of you there are you may have difficulty.

While not "monorail" I'd consider getting the boat from the Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge and doing Geyser Point. Its a great outdoor spot right on the water with good food and drinks.

I'm part of a Disney Bachlorette trip at the end of October and I volunteered to plan our arrival day activity: A Monorail Bar Crawl.

I had assumed that Mizner's replacement would be open by that time (I don't know who I thought I was kidding) but It's not looking that way.
The other plans are Tambu Lounge and Trader Sam's at the Polynesian and The Wave Lounge and the California Grill Lounge at The Contemporary.

How about the Outer Rim Lounge on in the Lobby of the Contemporary? I always like to stop there and have a drink. It totally sucks that Mizners closed. Another bit of 'Old Florida' bites the dust in favor of Disney's corporate greed and the slavish catering to the movie masses. Too bad.

Both Citricos and Narcoossee's have bars, but the are fairly small so depending on how many of you there are you may have difficulty.

While not "monorail" I'd consider getting the boat from the Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge and doing Geyser Point. Its a great outdoor spot right on the water with good food and drinks.

There's only 7 of us so I can't imagine it would be too tight of a squeeze, also Geyser point sounds like a great addition!

How about the Outer Rim Lounge on in the Lobby of the Contemporary? I always like to stop there and have a drink. It totally sucks that Mizners closed. Another bit of 'Old Florida' bites the dust in favor of Disney's corporate greed and the slavish catering to the movie masses. Too bad.
When we were there in June we tried to grab a cocktail in outer rim but it was more like a waiting area for chef Mickey’s. All seating was taken by families just sitting.

I would get drinks from the Citrico’s bar and take them to the lobby to listen to the band and/or piano. That would work well with a group that size. The Citrico’s lounge area is very small. And without much atmosphere. The lobby atmosphere is pretty good.

7 might be tough at Narcoossee's depending on when you get there. I'd add the Territory Lounge to your list if you do head to the WL.

The Oasis Bar at the Poly is also a nice place to grab a drink if Trader Sam's is a long wait.

When we were there in June we tried to grab a cocktail in outer rim but it was more like a waiting area for chef Mickey’s. All seating was taken by families just sitting.
That's too bad. It should be separated in some way.

If you decide to boat from CR to WL to go to Geyser, you could also check out Territory Lounge and, heck, while you are there, jump on the boat from WL to Ft. W and check out Crockett's Tavern! Make it a monorail/boat crawl.

My vote would be Narcoossee's. Bartender was very nice when we were there.

This boat/monorail thing is starting to sound really awesome! and grabbing a drink and sitting the the lobby at the GF doesn't sound to bad either! Thanks for all of the ideas!!

I’m putting a crawl together for 40th bday and looking for ideas as well. A friend had mentioned they did one around Crescent Lake. I believe she started at Bluezoo lounge to Yacht Club’s Ale & Compass to BC Hurricane Hannah’s to Boardwalk.

Anyone who has successfully put a crawl together would love to hear ur thoughts as well:)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter