Monorail Captain - CRV

. Then he announced to the whole monorail, "If you look to your right, you will see the construction of newest Disney Vacation Club resort".

he must not want his job very much.

but people don't pay alot of attention to the monrail annoucements.

really, really wish if this was a DVC that DVD would announce it - but I guess they can't because of the Florida timeshare laws.

of course if it was a Contemporary suites (the other rumor) I would think that would have been announced by now. So no news is good news!!!!:laughing:

here is hopingpixiedust: :stir: pixiedust:

As we all know from Eagle Pines...it isn't a done deal until you can book there! :goodvibes
The only difference is nothing at Eagle Pines was torn down, where as the North Garden Wing was torn down and that was the most obvious clue that it's going to be a DVC building at the Contemporary.

really, really wish if this was a DVC that DVD would announce it - but I guess they can't because of the Florida timeshare laws.

They can announce it any time they please.

They can't start SELLING it until 70% (I think that's the number) of construction is complete.

The only difference is nothing at Eagle Pines was torn down, where as the North Garden Wing was torn down and that was the most obvious clue that it's going to be a DVC building at the Contemporary.

No...the fact that north wing has been torn down does not make it even a little "obvious" that its going to be a DVC. It just makes it obvious that SOMETHING is going there. Something does not equal a DVC.

Again, I want to see at DVC there as well and will likely do an add-on. I am just trying to be more of a realist. Disney plays its cards failry close to the vest...and with all of the CMs and others widely saying "Oh yeah, this is going to be a DVC," actully makes me believe the opposite.

No...the fact that north wing has been torn down does not make it even a little "obvious" that its going to be a DVC. It just makes it obvious that SOMETHING is going there. Something does not equal a DVC.

Again, I want to see at DVC there as well and will likely do an add-on. I am just trying to be more of a realist. Disney plays its cards failry close to the vest...and with all of the CMs and others widely saying "Oh yeah, this is going to be a DVC," actully makes me believe the opposite.
Well considering the DVC rumour going to the Contemporary has been around for about 2 years, the fact that the North Garden Wing was demolished has been the most obvious sign that it's a DVC building. I am just saying you don't see a coincidence that there were all these rumours and all of the sudden a huge part of the Contemporary get's demolished, so that could only mean it's a DVC building since there has not been talk of anything else.

Well considering the DVC rumour going to the Contemporary has been around for about 2 years, the fact that the North Garden Wing was demolished has been the most obvious sign that it's a DVC building. I

no the building needs to come down anyway. hurricane damage.

the rumor for the Cont has been around what 6 years.

won't it be funny if they just replace that building.

okay I don't believe that - too much under ground work - so what is going up will definitely be alot bigger than the north wing. but until Disney announces it - it could still be those darn suites.
:mad:

hope not - but DVC members have been disappointed before. Any one else remember the DVC in California that never got build?

Hurricaine damage or not why would the Contemporary want to tear down a huge number of rooms, if they did not plan to replace them with something? Sometimes it can be very hard to get a reservation there, even if you think you are calling way in advance and it turns out they can be booked.

From what I have read on previous posts maybe there have been times when DVC had plans for other buildings but they never went threw. However has any of the building sites ever gone onto tear down a section to make room for the DVC building? The example being the North Garden Wing being demolished.

My guess is saying the Contemporary demolished North Garden Wing is just an excuse right now because others said it was not in the greatest shape due to hurricane winds and rain. However what if those things were never factors, what would the reason be for getting rid of the North Garden Wing?

In the end when WDW announces the DVC building at the Contemporary I won't be surprised. Finally I know this is not the same but here is an example of a rumour which I heard a long time ago about the Contemporary, which everyone said I believe it when I see it. Well that was the opeining of the arcade on the 4th floor where the Fantasia store use to be. That info was told to me last December by a Cast Member who worked there for a lot of years, however others said I don't believe it since WDW never announced it. Well correct me if I am wrong but there was no announcement of the arcade moving, but sings in the Contemporary that said it was. Then about a week later it opended up.

I could be wrong, but if it wasn't going to be DVC, wouldn't WDW tell CMs NOT to continue this rumor? They know it's out there, so if it wasn't going to be DVC I would think they'd try to put an end to the rumor so there isn't any disappointment.

I could be wrong, but if it wasn't going to be DVC, wouldn't WDW tell CMs NOT to continue this rumor? They know it's out there, so if it wasn't going to be DVC I would think they'd try to put an end to the rumor so there isn't any disappointment.
That's a very good point.

I think they would only tell them to stop if it WAS going to be DVC! I don't think they care terribly much about false rumors, which are everywhere. What they care about is premature release of actual information.

Actually I don't think they try to control what is said by CM's who don't have access to inside information (i.e. almost all of them).

I think they would only tell them to stop if it WAS going to be DVC! I don't think they care terribly much about false rumors, which are everywhere. What they care about is premature release of actual information.

Actually I don't think they try to control what is said by CM's who don't have access to inside information (i.e. almost all of them).

That is my thinking as well. I think that they would LOVE having everyone looking in one direction so that they could do something in another direction without anyone noticing...and then hit us with a surprise!

Back before AKV was announced and these boards were all buzzing about where we thought the next DVC would be, the consensus (according to my memory...can't find the old thread) was that the next DVCs would be in this order/likelihood:

1) California
2) Contemp
3) AKV
4) Offsite
5) Poly

And look what actually happened...the third place speculation. And AKV came in third even though there was information on permits, etc. So, as much as we DISers love to speculate, we are not always right :scared1: (shocking, I know! :rotfl: )

While there is clearly something big happening at Contemp and they are going to put something major in that spot, everything that has been posted here so far (CM statements, permits, etc.) is not even close to "proof."

I think what some forget is that DVC and Disney resorts are not always in agreement even though they are both Disney. You have to think of them as two different businesses each with their own agenda.

Nuts will agree with this, that Contemporary was definitely at the front burner prior the demise of the North Wing. AKL was just a discussion on the horizon. Then when they started the asbestos removal and then take down of the building, things seemed to change and suddenly Disney resorts was not as interested in DVC being at the Contemporary as it had been.

So the focus shifted to AKV and shortly an announcement was made.

With Disney things and major decisions literally change overnigiht. So until the official announcement from DVC I would take all CM comments with a grain of salt.

I think what some forget is that DVC and Disney resorts are not always in agreement even though they are both Disney. You have to think of them as two different businesses each with their own agenda.

Nuts will agree with this, that Contemporary was definitely at the front burner prior until the demise of the North Wing. AKL was just a discussion on the horizon. Then when they started the asbestos removal and then take down of the building, things seemed to change and suddenly Disney resorts was not as interested in DVC being at the Contemporary as it had been.

So the focus shifted to AKV and shortly an announcement was made.

With Disney things and major decisions literally change overnigiht. So until the official announcement from DVC I would take all CM comments with a grain of salt.

Yeah, my source was saying that resorts wanted too much money for the lease on the land...plus they were surprised with the increase in ressies after the renovation of the south building...so now they are not so interested in leasing after-all. Supposedly the roadblock went to higher levels and both were told to play nice together. Who Knows :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter