Monorail Captain - CRV

MarylandMommy

Mouseketeer
We just got back from WDW today. Thursday, while heading toward the Magic Kingdom, my family asked to sit in the front of the monorail and be "co-pilots". As we waited for another monorail to go before us, we where positioned right next to the contruction site at the Contemporary. I jokingly asked the monorail captain if that is the site for the new DVC. He said yes. Then he announced to the whole monorail, "If you look to your right, you will see the construction of newest Disney Vacation Club resort".
Please no flames if this is old news - I don't get to read the boards everyday.

No flames here. :)
However, mono drivers, boat drivers, and bus drivers always seem to present rumors as fact. :smokin:

MG

I've learned to only trust bartenders.

HBC
We have heard some hair raising tales from bartenders at both Coronado Springs, and the old Dixie Landings pool bar.
But you have to agree, that bus drivers, bartenders, golf caddies, and Monorail drivers have some of the best knowledge on where to eat, drink, places with the best service etc.

Sorry, I didn't know monorail captains have "loose lips"! He was so matter-of-fact about it, it made me believe him and then when he annouced it to the whole monorail, I thought he'd surely know what he was talking about. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, too!

I wonder if his employer would be happy to know that he made that announcement since they have not.

We just got back from WDW today. Thursday, while heading toward the Magic Kingdom, my family asked to sit in the front of the monorail and be "co-pilots". As we waited for another monorail to go before us, we where positioned right next to the contruction site at the Contemporary. I jokingly asked the monorail captain if that is the site for the new DVC. He said yes. Then he announced to the whole monorail, "If you look to your right, you will see the construction of newest Disney Vacation Club resort".

Telling you is one thing but an announcement like that might get any other CM fired. Hope he does not get in trouble.

Kind of like the boat captains who tell the guests that the dark areas on the Swan and Dolphin were supposed to be cutouts where the monorail would go through.

Kind of like the boat captains who tell the guests that the dark areas on the Swan and Dolphin were supposed to be cutouts where the monorail would go through.

:rotfl: My DH and I must've been on those boats about the same time as you were! After we :rolleyes1 , we looked around and started :laughing: at all the folks who were buying it! :rotfl2:
It was one of the best giggles we had on that trip! :lmao:

The best you can hope for is that the driver heard the rumor here.
All other possibilities are even less reliable.

In my opinion this is just more proof that it's going to be a DVC building. I know you have to take their words with a grain of salt, however with other facts about the building it's only a matter of time until WDW makes the official announcement.

In my opinion this is just more proof that it's going to be a DVC building. I know you have to take their words with a grain of salt, however with other facts about the building it's only a matter of time until WDW makes the official announcement.

Well that certainly clears any uncertainty up!!! - Thanks! :)

:rotfl: My DH and I must've been on those boats about the same time as you were! After we :rolleyes1 , we looked around and started :laughing: at all the folks who were buying it! :rotfl2:
It was one of the best giggles we had on that trip! :lmao:

Some people beleve anything. Eveyone knows they're secret doors for small hovercraft. They use them late at night for Disney execs. and VIP's.

Since when do rumors = "more proof"?

I keep coming back to important points:

--One CM at the CR told me "yes, DVC is building here...but if you want to buy in you better do it fast b/c the first 7 floors have already been sold!" Talk about a laugh! :lmao:

--Another time, I told a CM something that I had heard and we had a nice conversation about it. Not 5 minutes later I heard this same CM telling this piece of information to another family as though it was stone cold fact. :scared1:

Yes, I think eventually there will be a DVC at the CR, but please do not take CM announcements as Gospel truth. These folks hear rumors just as we do and then they turn them around to fact. Also, most CMs know very little about how DVC works (as in the first 7 floors are already sold out....)

I, too, would love to hear the announcement, but just because a _______ (fill in the blank with monorail driver, boat captain, CM, etc.) said so does not give it ANY weight or credibility with me.

As we all know from Eagle Pines...it isn't a done deal until you can book there! :goodvibes

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but on the Inside the Magic podcast, he spoke of the CRV as if it were common knowledge, as opposed to a DVC reseller on another podcast saying it wouldn't happen.
By the time this does happen I'm going to be over it :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter