Moms to be Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jude Mathis arrived at 7:51 Monday morning! He was 6lbs 12oz, 19'' long, and absolutely perfect!

The c-section went very smoothly and we came home yesterday. I am feeling pretty good and Jude is doing wonderful. He is slightly jaundiced, but he appears to be better today than yesterday.

I am completely overwhelmed by the intensity of my love for him! He is the most amazing little creature I have ever seen!

I am working on getting full details up on my blog today!

Thank you all for thinking of me!

Welcome baby Jude!!! Congratulations, and I'm glad y'all are both doing so well. :)

Usually I am more of a lurker, but wanted to pop in and announce that my son Alec was born 2/4/12 at 38.6 weeks. My labor was fairly easy, but little man gave us a couple of scares when his heart rate got too low a couple of times during contractions. It's horribly disconcerting to suddenly have half a dozen nurses run into the room while yelling for a dr! My OB is awesome though, and we got my son out safely. We're tired, but he is awesome.

Congratulations on the birth of sweet Alec! I'm glad he's doing just great!

It's hard to believe it, but my sweet little Carlen turned 1 month old today. We've been calling her "Little Bit," and that seems like an appropriate nickname given her stats at her 1 month doctor's appointment. She now weighs 8.5 pounds and is in the 30th percentile for weight and the 15th for height. She's doing great now that we got her on baby Zantac for her reflux--poor thing was having so much pain after meals before, so it's been a lifesaver!

We had photos made of her about a week ago. Here's a link to some of them on the photographer's blog (including ones in her Minnie Mouse outfit): http://jamieworley.com/carlen-newborn-portraits/

Try to be patient Momma. Glad the scare was temporary. Your almost there and in my prayers. Please keep us posted.
Thank you. Things are going really well now and I think I have hit a groove in bedrest to make it not so boring so that is kinda nice. I switch up what I'm doing on the couch to make the days go by faster. :laughing:

It's hard to believe it, but my sweet little Carlen turned 1 month old today. We've been calling her "Little Bit," and that seems like an appropriate nickname given her stats at her 1 month doctor's appointment. She now weighs 8.5 pounds and is in the 30th percentile for weight and the 15th for height. She's doing great now that we got her on baby Zantac for her reflux--poor thing was having so much pain after meals before, so it's been a lifesaver!

We had photos made of her about a week ago. Here's a link to some of them on the photographer's blog (including ones in her Minnie Mouse outfit): http://jamieworley.com/carlen-newborn-portraits/

Those are the sweetest pictures! Oh my goodness!!! I have that same Minnie Mouse outfit for Violet and I can't wait to see her in it.

Jude Mathis arrived at 7:51 Monday morning! He was 6lbs 12oz, 19'' long, and absolutely perfect!

The c-section went very smoothly and we came home yesterday. I am feeling pretty good and Jude is doing wonderful. He is slightly jaundiced, but he appears to be better today than yesterday.

I am completely overwhelmed by the intensity of my love for him! He is the most amazing little creature I have ever seen!

I am working on getting full details up on my blog today!

Thank you all for thinking of me!

ahhh CONGRATULATIONS!!! I looked at your blog and he is just adorable!!

Usually I am more of a lurker, but wanted to pop in and announce that my son Alec was born 2/4/12 at 38.6 weeks. My labor was fairly easy, but little man gave us a couple of scares when his heart rate got too low a couple of times during contractions. It's horribly disconcerting to suddenly have half a dozen nurses run into the room while yelling for a dr! My OB is awesome though, and we got my son out safely. We're tired, but he is awesome.

so glad you posted! Congrats!!!!! I love the name Alec, so sweet. Would love to see a pic if you have a chance.

oh goodness she's so beautiful! And I NEED one of those Minnie outfits!!

Oh yeah....Here's my news....it's a GIRL!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :cloud9:

Feeling the baby the first time is such a cool feeling but if you are like me then you doubt yourself. The best way I can compare it too is it feeling like butterfly wings or little fish swimming. Weird but true. I think the best thing about being pregnant is feeling that precious little baby moving inside you.

I'm still on bedrest, I've made it to 34 week but we had a scare on Monday. My blood pressure was quite high and on Tuesday they had me come in and do some tests and I was pretty much told if the results were not good I'd be having a baby that day. Luckily everything looked better on Tuesday so we are back to taking it day by day. I just want everything to be fine with Violet.

Thank you. Things are going really well now and I think I have hit a groove in bedrest to make it not so boring so that is kinda nice. I switch up what I'm doing on the couch to make the days go by faster. :laughing:

Those are the sweetest pictures! Oh my goodness!!! I have that same Minnie Mouse outfit for Violet and I can't wait to see her in it.

so glad baby Violet decided to stay put a little longer!

What are you doing for entertainment? I bet you could tell us all the good movies right?

PS. I watched What's Your Number last night....it was funny and Chris Evans was lookin GOOOD! :thumbsup2

OMG she is just precious!!!!! Thank you for sharing her 1st photo shoot:lovestruc

Hey everyone... just checking in, I'm such a bad poster. More of a lurker...

Congrats on all the new arrivals!

I hope you are all doing well. I'm gearing up for a trip up to VA for my baby shower and just getting ready for our little bug to be here- my DH is excited, I'm just pretty much at a defcon level 1 meltdown because I'm freaking out so bad, scared and nervous and pretty sure I'm going to fail at parenting. UGH.

We did a day at disney last week... the BIL was here... it somehow turned into a 13 hour day, but I'm happy to saw I kept up and waddled on. And now I'm kicking myself for not making it to animal kingdom that day- we would have park hopped to all 4 parks! Needless to say the next day I pretty much slept all day.:laughing:

Congrats to all the new deliveries!! Such an exciting time!

Elisabeth, those pictures are just beautiful!! That minnie outfit is too much! I really hope I have another boy. I'd spend too much on girl clothes and accessories!!

Oh yeah....Here's my news....it's a GIRL!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :cloud9:

Congratulations Cheri!! Let the buying begin! LOL!!

Hey everyone... just checking in, I'm such a bad poster. More of a lurker...

Congrats on all the new arrivals!

I hope you are all doing well. I'm gearing up for a trip up to VA for my baby shower and just getting ready for our little bug to be here- my DH is excited, I'm just pretty much at a defcon level 1 meltdown because I'm freaking out so bad, scared and nervous and pretty sure I'm going to fail at parenting. UGH.

We did a day at disney last week... the BIL was here... it somehow turned into a 13 hour day, but I'm happy to saw I kept up and waddled on. And now I'm kicking myself for not making it to animal kingdom that day- we would have park hopped to all 4 parks! Needless to say the next day I pretty much slept all day.:laughing:

Aw, you won't fail at parenting!! You'll have your good days and bad days, of course, but you won't be a failure! When we had our first DS, he was the first baby I ever held, first diaper I ever changed. I was never into babysitting when I was younger. He's now a great 8 year old kid. :)

Oh, and a 13 hour day at WDW...impressive!!

Not much going on here. Just waiting until my next appointment next week. I made the official announcement to the family a few weeks ago and told work last week. Ideally I wanted to wait until after my next appointment to announce at work. However, we had our annual work party over the weekend and I wanted to make sure people knew I was pregnant and not just fat! LOL! Of course, this time in pregnancy always drives me crazy. I never really get sick and at 14w I can't feel any movement yet, and I'm not really sporting an obvious bump (maternity clothes helps a little, but most is still too big). Other than falling asleep at 8:30 almost every night, I'd never know I was pregnant! The waiting drives me crazy. I remember starting to feel DS#2 around 18w, so I'm patiently waiting to have that little reassurance every day.

Congrats to all the new deliveries!! Such an exciting time!

Elisabeth, those pictures are just beautiful!! That minnie outfit is too much! I really hope I have another boy. I'd spend too much on girl clothes and accessories!!

Congratulations Cheri!! Let the buying begin! LOL!!

Aw, you won't fail at parenting!! You'll have your good days and bad days, of course, but you won't be a failure! When we had our first DS, he was the first baby I ever held, first diaper I ever changed. I was never into babysitting when I was younger. He's now a great 8 year old kid. :)

Oh, and a 13 hour day at WDW...impressive!!

Not much going on here. Just waiting until my next appointment next week. I made the official announcement to the family a few weeks ago and told work last week. Ideally I wanted to wait until after my next appointment to announce at work. However, we had our annual work party over the weekend and I wanted to make sure people knew I was pregnant and not just fat! LOL! Of course, this time in pregnancy always drives me crazy. I never really get sick and at 14w I can't feel any movement yet, and I'm not really sporting an obvious bump (maternity clothes helps a little, but most is still too big). Other than falling asleep at 8:30 almost every night, I'd never know I was pregnant! The waiting drives me crazy. I remember starting to feel DS#2 around 18w, so I'm patiently waiting to have that little reassurance every day.

hope you start feeling something soon! I just started feeling DEFINITE movement last week! Now I feel her like crazy. What I had felt a few weeks ago was definitely a little sneak peek, it was her for sure. :goodvibes

so glad baby Violet decided to stay put a little longer!

What are you doing for entertainment? I bet you could tell us all the good movies right?

PS. I watched What's Your Number last night....it was funny and Chris Evans was lookin GOOOD! :thumbsup2

Congrats on baby girl!! That is so exciting!!

I've been reading a lot and crocheting some blankets and doing other little crafts like making headbands for Violet and some pacifier clips. It's getting a bit easier to be at home all the time.

Things are going well here, my blood pressure is doing great and Violet is doing well. I won't lie, I'm totally ready for her to be here but I'm trying to be patient!

I've been reading a lot and crocheting some blankets and doing other little crafts like making headbands for Violet and some pacifier clips. It's getting a bit easier to be at home all the time.

Things are going well here, my blood pressure is doing great and Violet is doing well. I won't lie, I'm totally ready for her to be here but I'm trying to be patient!

Happy to hear that your BP is good and Violet is doing well. :goodvibes Love the name Violet, btw. :)

So after moving from the TTC thread to this one, now that the little is guy is here, is there a new moms thread? I can't find one, but I was sure there used to be one. :confused3 If there isn't I will start one for all the newly graduated moms to be ladies. :)

So glad that things are going well! I had a set schedule when I was put on bedrest with DS#1. I had certain TV shows I would watch, then I'd give myself a certain time to get up and check email (that was before iphones and our laptop!). I must have showered 3 times a day just to give me an excuse to get up! LOL!

Happy to hear that your BP is good and Violet is doing well. :goodvibes Love the name Violet, btw. :)

So after moving from the TTC thread to this one, now that the little is guy is here, is there a new moms thread? I can't find one, but I was sure there used to be one. :confused3 If there isn't I will start one for all the newly graduated moms to be ladies. :)[/QUOTE

Would love a new Mommy thread!

Lady Lallie so glad your pressure is cooperating!!!!!!

acejka have a wonderful baby shower:lovestruc

So glad that things are going well! I had a set schedule when I was put on bedrest with DS#1. I had certain TV shows I would watch, then I'd give myself a certain time to get up and check email (that was before iphones and our laptop!). I must have showered 3 times a day just to give me an excuse to get up! LOL!

Lol, I remember doing quite the same with the girls! I was only allowed up for 15 minutes/day though (other than peeing) so my schedule was TV shows, internet shopping, Webkinz :rolleyes1 etc.

I also had a "schedule" for my showering, as in what I would shave on rotation, whether I'd do anything with my hair after, etc. It was rather neurotic!

Hang in there, Lady Lallie!

It's so much fun to pop in and see how the waves of pregnancies are going! Congrats to all the mommies with new arrivals, newly pregnant ladies, and those reaching exciting milestones and feeling movement for the first time! :good vibes

We are hanging in here, with about 6-7 weeks left. I have a c/s scheduled for April 16. I'll actually be 39.5 weeks but didn't like the doctor on at 39 weeks (enough to wait 4 days for a delivery - that's saying something, if you've ever been to that point before! ;)), then it was the weekend, etc. My OB has always suspected I could go a couple of weeks early anyway since my labor with the girls started extremely early, even for twins. I'm holding out hope that she's right!

my sister's best friend has a brand new niece named Violet. It's so pretty. And I love the nickname "Vi" that some use. it's so cute

sooo glad all is going well. You are really close, in the last month!

So after moving from the TTC thread to this one, now that the little is guy is here, is there a new moms thread? I can't find one, but I was sure there used to be one. :confused3 If there isn't I will start one for all the newly graduated moms to be ladies. :)

I would love a new mom's thread! I would love to keep in touch with everyone besides lurking here and on the TTC thread. :)

Well, looks like I've joined the ranks of the newly pregnant.

Bad news, no Disney trip (or any trip) this year.

Good news, my hypothetical grand gathering/land and sea/Disney Dream/December of 2015 vacation is now back on schedule again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter