• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mom/Daughter Birthday Celebration: Lots of Firsts and Laughs! (Update 3-18-13)

What a great trip you are having already! The room at Best Western looks really nice and has a great view! I loved the pic of your lunch at Caseys - what kind of hot dog was that? It looked yummy :love:

She's a suffragette. Think of Winifred Banks from Mary Poppins.

Thanks! We seen her last year, but didn't even know who she was!

What a fun morning, and you got tons done! Your pictures make me want to be back there so bad!

I know, I want to go back, too!

Wow, you guys sure got a lot done in one morning! :thumbsup2

I know, I'm surprised the wait times were so short!

I'm in for what sounds like a great trip.

Thanks for joining my TR!

I have never seen that band...nor do I think I have seen pictures. Wow...I love learning new things.

:thumbsup2

Count me in!!

Welcome to my TR!

Sounds great so far! We were there during this time as well!

Thanks!

I am loving this trip report! It is simple and sweet with nice photos!

Thank you!

What a great trip you are having already! The room at Best Western looks really nice and has a great view! I loved the pic of your lunch at Caseys - what kind of hot dog was that? It looked yummy :love:

It was a BBQ slaw dog. It was a standard hot dog, with BBQ (pulled pork kind, I think) and slaw on top, then topped with BBQ sauce. DD ordered that, but probably only ate about half of it. (It's huge!) I had a few bites of it, and it was really good!!

DD had the idea to watch the parade from a different angle, where the train stop is at the front of the park.
So we headed up the steps and rest for a bit until the parade started.

080-1.jpg

083-2.jpg

I'm glad we viewed it from up there, because it was such a good view, and without fighting the crowds.

096-1.jpg

099-1.jpg

100-1.jpg

106-1.jpg

109-2.jpg

111-2.jpg

114.jpg

116-2.jpg

After the parade, we went over to check the wait times for pics with Mickey. It was only a 5 minute wait, so we quickly got in line.

117.jpg

Continued:

As we came out from seeing Mickey, we could tell it was about to rain!

120.jpg

122-1.jpg

128-1.jpg

We were quickly trying to make our way over to Tomorrowland and figure out the best place to take cover!

We thought the TTA would be a good place to try to get out of the rain, until it started to rain "sideways" !! :lmao: So we did get a little wet!

132-1.jpg

Coming off of the TTA, it was pouring rain, so we ran over to BuzZ Lightyear ride. We weren't worried about the wait time, we just wanted a dry spot to stand in! But it wasn't too bad, being only about 20 minute wait.

134-1.jpg

Always have that serious look on these pics!! :rotfl:

136-1.jpg

After Buzz Lightyear, the rain had cleared, but it was very hot & humid, so we thought we'd take a break and come back later.

A few pics along the way:

139.jpg

140.jpg

142-1.jpg

We decided to go get a Dole Whip before we left:

143-1.jpg

We left MK and went back to the hotel to rest. By the time we got there, it started raining again. DD took a nap for about 2 hours, and I dozed off for about an hour. After some much needed rest, and cooling off, we decided to make our Wal-Mart run to get some drinks, snacks, and some toiletry stuff. (It was still raining). By the time we took our stuff to the room, it had cleared up, so we went back to MK.

We went straight to Space Mountain, where it was a 20 minute wait.

146.jpg

That's about the only ride we did after going back. We just walked around for a while until time for the Memories show by the castle. We watched that, then decided to head out before the fireworks show got started. I really didn't want to fight the huge crowds after the fireworks!!

151-1.jpg

Next up: Animal Kingdom Day (DD's birthday), Visiting Art of Animation, and DTD

:wizard:

Update on our Lion King on Broadway trip!

It was very hot today, and I was just dreading being out in the heat, but we got on the road about an hour & a half before show time. We arrived, got a fairly decent parking spot, but still had to walk a good bit. It reached 106 degrees today and I was glad to get inside!! We got some snacks, shopped at the little merchandise stands, and made a restroom stop before the show.

It was a great show!!! Fantastic, Amazing, Wonderful!!!!!
We LOVED it!!

I had to share some of our pics!!

A few pics before we went in

074-2.jpg

056-2.jpg

BeFunky_05512.jpg

057-1.jpg

059-1.jpg

I tried to get some pics of the merchandise

061.jpg

062-1.jpg

I didn't get any pics of the show since it's strictly enforced about not allowing pics inside, but I did get a quick pic to show where we were seating. We had really good seats!

063.jpg

More pics on the way out. And I just love the downtown area there. It's so pretty!

065-1.jpg

067-1.jpg

068-1.jpg

071-1.jpg

073-1.jpg

075.jpg

078.jpg

Afterwards, we went out to eat, and headed home, ready to get out of the heat!! We had a great time! It was such a wonderful show, definately the best I've ever seen!!!!

:wizard:

I'm glad you enjoyed the show! What fun :)

Great parade viewing spot, I'll have to remember that.

Dole Whips :cloud9:

Animal Kingdom Day and DD's 17th Birthday!!

I chose AK for our park day on DD's birthday, mainly because she LOVES Tusker House and I wanted to have breakfast there for her B-Day!

We arrived at AK a little after opening, and headed straight toward Tusker House.

155-1.jpg

157.jpg

A few pics along the way:

161-1.jpg

170-1.jpg

172.jpg

173-1.jpg

Passing the time for a few minutes, we went over to the gift shop across from Tusker House. They had some cute new merchandise designs:

177-1.jpg

We also went over to the Safari, to get fast passes. Then arrived back at Tusker House a little early, but we were seated right away!

174-1.jpg

182.jpg

Continued.....

But first, we got our pic with Donald:

187-1.jpg

A few pics from where we were sitting:

188.jpg

189-1.jpg

Time for food!!!!!!

190-1.jpg

And characters making their rounds:

191.jpg

193.jpg

197.jpg

A CM brought DD a birthday cupcake & B Day card:

195.jpg

201.jpg

202.jpg

Since the characters had came for pics, we could relax and enjoy more food!!

198.jpg

199.jpg

But then Daisy came back around, and I told her that we already got pics with her, but she pointed at DD's birthday stuff, then had her get up, and strike a pose with her!! Too cute!

203.jpg

After our wonderful breakfast, we headed out so we could get to the Safari with our fastpass. A few more pics along the way, and we even seen Devine!!

208.jpg

210.jpg

219.jpg

Coming up: More AK :cheer2:

Breakfast looks fantastic! I'm currently on my breakfast break at work and would much rather be having those goodies! Love all the character photos :) what an already wonderful birthday morning for DD :)

That card is such a cute touch!!!

MMM...looks good. We are going to give that a try too this next trip. It looks so empty.

Breakfast looks fantastic! I'm currently on my breakfast break at work and would much rather be having those goodies! Love all the character photos :) what an already wonderful birthday morning for DD :)

That card is such a cute touch!!!

Breakfast was really good! She loved the card!

MMM...looks good. We are going to give that a try too this next trip. It looks so empty.

I'm glad you're going to Tusker House! I think you'll enjoy it!!!

We made our way to Kilimanjaro Safari with our fastpasses. We actually went on this twice that day, and for some reason I got better pics the 2nd time around. But here's a few from this one:

224.jpg

230-1.jpg

231.jpg

238-1.jpg

240.jpg

241-1.jpg

246-1.jpg

We then wanted to make our way toward Festival of The Lion King:

Loved this:

248.jpg

250.jpg

I just LOVE the benches at AK! :rotfl:

251-1.jpg

252.jpg

253-1.jpg

It was too crowded where the characters were taking pics, so we went ahead and got to the FOTLK, and we were early and 1st in line!

254-1.jpg

So, the CM at the entrance was talking to us, and we were talking about how me & DD always travel there by ourselves, and it being her birthday, etc. He then tells us to go to the exit area and ask for Candace, a CM. We went over that way, then it dawned on me that he may be sending us over there to get in early or be a participant in the show (you know at the beginning where they get people to do the animal noises?). Well I was right. We met with Candace and she asked if we wanted to do it. We are both shy when it comes to stuff like that, so we both said we probably wouldn't want to (I know...we're party poopers! :rotfl2: ). She said that was fine, for us to stay there and we could get in early and get front row seats anyway! I started feeling bad though because I didn't want to take someone's place that might really want to do it. I also told the CM this, and she assured me that it was fine, and we could stay and get the good seats!

Continued...

I got some really good pics from where we were sitting! And I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show, so I was so excited to have such great seats!!

256.jpg

264-1.jpg

263.jpg

278.jpg

283.jpg

291.jpg

292.jpg

I forgot to mention, but as we were going in, it started raining, and when we came out, it was cleared up! How lucky!! :rotfl:

DD seen this cute little red bird, and followed it around taking pics:

297-1.jpg

299.jpg

We only got pics this time with Minnie, because the lines were still long:

296.jpg

We seen these yummy-looking things that we've never seen before, and decided to get one: A delicious, fresh, fruit salad!!

303-1.jpg

We sat in this nice little, quiet area with a great view!

305.jpg

We then made our way to EE, and it was a 25 minute wait, not too bad!!

306.jpg

307.jpg

Coming up: More AK!

I'm joining in! How wonderful to have a mother/daughter trip - and to celebrate your DD's bday! :thumbsup2

Since I've read your entire review I have a few comments:
* GREAT idea for viewing the MK parade from the platform! Awesome angle.
* I've never eaten at Tusker House so I was glad to see your review.
* We LOVE the Festival of the Lion King - you scored with those amazing seats!

I'm looking forward to reading more! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter