MNSSHP report 10/8

motogp

Mouseketeer
Overall, we had a good time. After having been to a several of these, we felt it was a bit more crowded than in the past, but were expecting that after hearing other reports. We did some rides, watched Hallowishes and the 2nd parade, did both dance parties, and saw 2 mix and mingle shows, with a little Trick or Treating in between. My only disappointment (and it is a pretty big one) was the way the character handlers ran the Villain meets after the show. There was really no organization----it was a free for all. We were first in line for Maleficent and had spoken at great lengths to her handler about where to line up. While she could not officially tell us exactly where to be, she knew we were in line, along with several others. Once M came down the ramp, the handler simply dropped the rope from the opposite side and stated, "Now everyone proceed together up the ramp" to all the others who had just arrived at the area, effectively cutting us and the rest of the line off. Myself and those of us (approximately 15-20 people deep were is shock). In fact, those that had been there for awhile in a nicely formed line along the rail were completely cut off in the mass confusion. Needless to say, it was complete chaos with people pushing and shoving. I was hanging on to my kids for dear life. I looked up at M and even she seemed a bit surprised at the massive rush of people coming towards her. I heard the character handler then say, "Wait, wait!" By then it was too late. OK...so we thought maybe this handler was a bit confused----she did say it was her first time for this. Really? So, the next show we lined up for the Snow Queen---third in line this time. Again, the line was QUITE obvious to everyone! Once the meet began, the handler then dropped the rope and let people who had just arrived start walking towards the SQ, while holding those back that had been in line since before the show! She actually put her arm up to hold the first people in line back! The handler then proceeded to try and make one line, forcing those of us in the original line to merge to our right. After seeing this was not working, she tried to make everyone move again to the left. I can honestly say I have never seen such disorganization and chaos at a meet and greet. Unfortunately again, there were kids getting stepped on and squashed. While I understand that Disney character handlers cannot technically form lines, one would think they could at least respect those of us that have already done so and try to abide using some fairness without completely cutting us off. Is it really that difficult to make a brief announcement right before the Villains come off the stage, "OK...anyone wanting to meet the SQ, please start right here" and hold her hand up or something. At least then everyone knows the starting point instead of "winging it"! I realize there will always be some confusion and rude people who will push and shove---Disney cannot control that unfortunately. But there has to be a better way than what we experienced repeatedly last evening. I can honestly say this experience has really turned me off to the whole MNSSHP experience, and we absolutely love this event! One would think that the character handlers at the Villain Mix and Mingle would at least have some experience or more training for such a popular Meet and Greet! My experience with character handlers up to this point had always been completely positive! I hope Disney can try to make such a wonderful event a bit more organized for everyone. After all, it is Disney! That's all........:-)

Yeah, I noticed that too. It was a total madhouse down there because of this I was only able to get 3 of them. I went to the first show & got Maleficent, and was bout to get Frollo, but then these 2 kids with no parents in sight ran up to him and cut in front of me and when they were done he went back in. I was heated. Fortunately when I met Lotso, Gaston & Jafar one was going on and had ended after I met Jafar, so I rushed over there and was finally able to get Frollo & I got Hook too.

We were the Fraggle Rock characters walking around last night-had a fantastic time.

This was our 6th Halloween Party.

Our thoughts:
-The CMs loved our costumes, dozens of pics were taken all over the place. CMs also asked us to sign their autograph books, were singing the Fraggle Rock song, etc. It was warm but not as bad as we thought.

-We did not think the crowd was larger than any other party we have attended, we actually thought the crowd was lighter than a usual Halloween Party.
-We did pretty much all the rides we wanted, the heads with our costumes prohibited a few rides. The pics from the Buzz ride were great. The 2nd parade was awesome, but we wondered why the headless horseman didn't run-based on a prior thread, we now know why. The longest ride wait we saw at any time was 20 mins for Peter Pan.
-The candy given at most stations was generous, our bags were 80-90% full. We waited no more than 1-2 minutes in any candy line.
-We did not attempt character meet and greets, which others are reporting takes up most of the time.
-The fireworks were great too.

Overall, we had a great night, and look forward to 2013.

As for the remainder of the parks, where is everybody at this week?

Overall, we had a good time. After having been to a several of these, we felt it was a bit more crowded than in the past, but were expecting that after hearing other reports. We did some rides, watched Hallowishes and the 2nd parade, did both dance parties, and saw 2 mix and mingle shows, with a little Trick or Treating in between. My only disappointment (and it is a pretty big one) was the way the character handlers ran the Villain meets after the show. There was really no organization----it was a free for all. We were first in line for Maleficent and had spoken at great lengths to her handler about where to line up. While she could not officially tell us exactly where to be, she knew we were in line, along with several others. Once M came down the ramp, the handler simply dropped the rope from the opposite side and stated, "Now everyone proceed together up the ramp" to all the others who had just arrived at the area, effectively cutting us and the rest of the line off. Myself and those of us (approximately 15-20 people deep were is shock). In fact, those that had been there for awhile in a nicely formed line along the rail were completely cut off in the mass confusion. Needless to say, it was complete chaos with people pushing and shoving. I was hanging on to my kids for dear life. I looked up at M and even she seemed a bit surprised at the massive rush of people coming towards her. I heard the character handler then say, "Wait, wait!" By then it was too late. OK...so we thought maybe this handler was a bit confused----she did say it was her first time for this. Really? So, the next show we lined up for the Snow Queen---third in line this time. Again, the line was QUITE obvious to everyone! Once the meet began, the handler then dropped the rope and let people who had just arrived start walking towards the SQ, while holding those back that had been in line since before the show! She actually put her arm up to hold the first people in line back! The handler then proceeded to try and make one line, forcing those of us in the original line to merge to our right. After seeing this was not working, she tried to make everyone move again to the left. I can honestly say I have never seen such disorganization and chaos at a meet and greet. Unfortunately again, there were kids getting stepped on and squashed. While I understand that Disney character handlers cannot technically form lines, one would think they could at least respect those of us that have already done so and try to abide using some fairness without completely cutting us off. Is it really that difficult to make a brief announcement right before the Villains come off the stage, "OK...anyone wanting to meet the SQ, please start right here" and hold her hand up or something. At least then everyone knows the starting point instead of "winging it"! I realize there will always be some confusion and rude people who will push and shove---Disney cannot control that unfortunately. But there has to be a better way than what we experienced repeatedly last evening. I can honestly say this experience has really turned me off to the whole MNSSHP experience, and we absolutely love this event! One would think that the character handlers at the Villain Mix and Mingle would at least have some experience or more training for such a popular Meet and Greet! My experience with character handlers up to this point had always been completely positive! I hope Disney can try to make such a wonderful event a bit more organized for everyone. After all, it is Disney! That's all........:-)

Omg I was there same night and I agree. It was just me and my husband and we left the area of villains because of the chaos. But everything else was a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter