• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK no longer "dry"????

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Saw a story on the Disney Food Blog that they will be offering Beer and Wine in the new Be Our Guest restaurant in the MK.

Is that spinning sound Walt turning over in his grave? Discuss. popcorn::

I was coming here to ask what everyone thought.

I'm not really for it as MK was meant to be a "dry" park.

On the flip, Gaston's should have alcohol to fit its theme like in the movie.

If I had to say yay or nay, I'm definitely against it. It should remain as a dry park. If you want to drink, go to Epcot. ;)

So they will be serving beer and wine at be our guest it only be available during dinner. SO do you think they should serve alcohol in the new restaurant or should they not serve alcohol.

I'm going to combine this with another thread on the same topic. It's breaking news!

I liken a nice glass of wine as much as the next person, but I really wish that the powers that be had stuck with Walt's original wishes.....a 'dry' MK. I know others will disagree, but that's just how I feel. As soon as that can of worms is opened, I see the other restaurants following suit.

Five years from now it will be a trivia question.... What park used to be dry at WDW?

goofy4tink said:
I liken a nice glass of wine as much as the next person, but I really wish that the powers that be had stuck with Walt's original wishes.....a 'dry' MK. I know others will disagree, but that's just how I feel. As soon as that can of worms is opened, I see the other restaurants following suit.

I agree. I'd rather not stand in line with a tipsy person who may stumble, slur, press into my space (all extreme cases) ;) I'd rather hem hot and miserable! Haha :) :)

I like to have a nice glass of wine with dinner, but, I wish that the MK would have stayed dry. This is the beginning, where does it end? 1 restaurant, then all of them, then beer being served around the MK at snack stands. It seems like another way for Disney to make more money.:(

I'm sad about this decision. I like MK being alcohol free and don't see any reason why they need to break that tradition. I agree with what others have said, it won't be long before other places in MK will serve alcohol too.

I don't drink except for a very rare glass of wine a few times a year, so I don't know if that makes me biased, but I just don't see the need to do this. I loved the fact that MK was dry, not so much because of me, but for kids whose parents tend to drink too much...MK was somewhere they didn't have to worry about it and just have fun. I don't know, it's sad, it was an ideal of Walt's, they should have let it be.

I honestly don't know what I think. I don't drink except for a very rare glass of wine a few times a year, so I don't know if that makes me biased, but I just don't see the need to do this. I loved the fact that MK was dry, not so much because of me, but for kids whose parents tend to drink too much...MK was somewhere they didn't have to worry about it and just have fun. From the sounds of it though it will be pretty controlled and you can't leave the restaurant with it...I don't know, it was an ideal of Walt's, I think they should have let it be.

i am sure you wont be allowed to leave with it and i am sure disney will keep a strict limit on how much they serve like two glass per adult.

Disneyland is not dry. Club 33 serves booze.

Anytime alcohol and MK are mentioned in the same breath, someone always trots out this old hack and it is SOOOO infuriating!!. And it is not even slightly relevant. Club 33 is a private club. It is not open to the park. Joe Schmo from Idaho can't just walz in and order a brew. The public areas of Disneyland are dry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter