MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure this is a good change, unless they let people in at like 7am to get started, walk to FL, etc.

IASW, journey mermaid, tea cups are usually short waits during the day, and very easy to get 4th + FPs for.
the first 2 are also longish rides, so they eat up some precious time from the other rides that are hard to get on to during the day (PP, 7dMT, WTP).
I don't think you'd want to meet princesses more than once, and again you can get 4th FP for that later in the day.

So for me, that doesn't change what i want to do in MK EMM really, but i would have to pay more, with more crowds?
hopefully adding more attractions might attract people away from the original three rides, at least for the increased crowds, but if many have the same thought as me, we would just get more crowds on 7DMT, and increase the wait time..

I guess time will tell.

Last edited:
I've loved this event the 3 or 4 times we've done it, I looked at it as a fun way to get in 2 really popular rides without waiting, and free up our FPs for other rides. I may be in the minority, because while I really enjoy SDMT, I don't think it's all that exciting or worth much of a wait at all if you didn't have this or a FP. Despite this we did ride it over and over during these events, and do PP and Pooh 2x each, because it was the most fun option in the event. So I'm excited to see more attractions available. I think for us, assuming another trip of ours aligns with this new format at some point (our October and December trips both miss this unfortunately), we would likely plan on SDMT 2-3 times and all other rides once, and that kind of knocks off most of Fantsayland for us and lets us get tons of rides in on even a short day where we only do this, our 3 FPs, and maybe an additional FP or 2 before leaving after lunch. The pessimist in me wonders if they will increase capacity "too much", everyone will still do this primarily for SDMT, and that line will be too long to be of use since 75% of the people will be clustered at one attraction. But time will tell, and even if that happens I would hope we could get in at least one ride on each ride included, and it would still be a great event and worth the price. I really hope this works out to be a change for the good, instead of taking a great add on and making it worse :) I'm looking forward to reviews after the change!

I guess I’m in the camp that thinks the 7DMT crowd was already getting too big. The last EMM we did (this summer), the line early on was back to the entrance of the cave. It got much better as the event went on, but it chewed into minutes a bit.

The more rides/options for folks, the better in my opinion.

I agree with you on the crowds at 7dmt. But will the other options be compelling enough to take up the number of extra tickets they will now sell? Time will tell.

I am in the same boat with a 2yr and 5yr old. I think, with good breaks of at least 3-4 hours each afternoon we will be fine. Our kids are early risers (no sleeping later than 7 no matter what it seems) and good nappers, so we figured why sit around the hotel for a long period of time when we could take advantage of these events in the morning.

Mon - Our plan is HS EMM, then mainly do shows the rest of the morning so not a ton of nonstop going, then go back to hotel for naps/rest, then back to HS for 5:40 dinner at MM and finally JBJB dessert party. Hopefully back in room and bed by 9:30.

Tue - Our plan is MK EMM, do rides until 11:30, head back to Contemporary for lunch and rest, Head back to MK around 4:00 for a 4:40 dinner reservation and then do the party and probably only stay until after the fireworks.

Worst case for us, kid sleeps in the stroller or we have to send someone back to the room with the 2yr old while others stay during the party.

Someone please reassure us this will work!

I'm kind of thinking the same thing!!

On 12/10 we have EMM at HS and after breakfast head back to hotel, then to Epcot at eat around the world.. so he will be in stroller mostly..

Then on 12/11, if we do EMM .. we will leave by 11 or 12... then head back for an ADR at 430.. and exactly as I'm thinking, leave after fireworks..then a lazy morning the next day.. not go to park til evening

I am in the same boat with a 2yr and 5yr old. I think with good breaks of at least 3-4 hours each afternoon we should be fine. Our kids are early risers (no sleeping later than 7 no matter what it seems) and good nappers, so we figured why sit around the hotel for a long period of time when we could take advantage of these events in the morning.

Mon - Our plan is HS EMM, then mainly do shows the rest of the morning so not a ton of nonstop going, then go back to hotel for lunch and naps/rest around 11:30ish, then back to HS for 5:40 dinner at MM and finally JBJB dessert party. Hopefully back in room and bed by 9:30.

Tue - Our plan is MK EMM, do rides until 11:30, head back to Contemporary for lunch and rest, Head back to MK around 4:00 for a 4:40 dinner reservation and then do the party and probably only stay until after the fireworks.

Worst case for us, kid sleeps in the stroller or we have to send someone back to the room with the 2yr old while others stay during the party.

Someone please reassure us this will work!

I think this sounds like a very good plan, and I would definitely do it in your circumstances! Particularly if you know your kids and think they are able to get up that early without a problem and would nap for you in preparation for MNSSHP and the JBJB dessert party. Honestly, I would probably try it even if my kids wouldn't be that good about napping and staying up, but it would have the potential to come back and bite me in the butt! even knowing that I would try it :sad2:, it seems I can't resist these fun add ons!

I'm not sure this is a good change, unless they let people in at like 7am to get started, walk to FL, etc.

IASW, journey mermaid, tea cups are usually short waits during the day, and very easy to get 4th + FPs for.
the first 2 are also longish rides, so they eat up some precious time from the other rides that are hard to get on to during the day (PP, 7dMT, WTP).
I don't think you'd want to meat princesses more than once, and again you can get 4th FP for that later in the day.

So for me, that doesn't change what i want to do in MK EMM really, but i would have to pay more, with more crowds?
hopefully adding more attractions might attract people away from the original three rides, at least for the increased crowds, but if many have the same thought as me, we would just get more crowds on 7DMT, and increase the wait time..

I guess time will tell.

This is my reaction as well. I think this signals an increase in EMM crowds. The added attractions are ones you could get a 4th FP for or ride with low waits. Before this change, our post-EMM plan was to get in line for Princess Fairytale Hall after riding PP and then ride IASW without a line before eating at 9:30- so these aren't very helpful adds for us. This change is good for guests with little ones who aren't tall enough for 7DMT, but I think people will still focus largely on that attraction and PP since they're harder to ride later in the day.

Now my next question. Do these typically sell out? If so I think this opens it up for them to sell more tickets to this.
They didn't originally, but yes, they have been selling out. Our date in August was sold out for a while and I was only able to add my husband the week before when 2 spots opened up. I think most if not all of August was sold out. I do agree with you, this is a way for them to sell more tickets. We don't really care about Mine Train since my son is too small. So for us, all the added attractions is a huge plus!

Is it absolutely insane of me to do EMM at HS on 12/10, EMM at MK on 12/11, and then MVMCP the same night?????? With a 2yo?????
We are doing EMM TSL on 12/12 and have a 2 year old as well. I don't think it's insane. Honestly, this will allow you to get more done that day and get back to your resort to rest for the party. 12/11 is our son's birthday so this will allow us to leave MK earlier for his nap so he is rested for his birthday dinner. We will likely skip the 2pm parade now, but we've seen it before.

The very nice breakfast at Pinocchio's Haus will be missed. Some of our family loved the french toast, while the others loved the specialty link sausage. However, adding more ride options, and especially adding the characters at Princess Hall will make up the difference. But, like others have said, if the lines at 7DMT increase, there is a point where this will not be the most desired add-on experience.

So excited they opened up the dates for December! I booked the 11th. So now we have the toy story EMM on the 10th, this EMM on the 11th and then MVMCP on the 13th which is my son's 5th birthday. The only bummer was I had to ditch our 8am reservation at Crystal Palace on the 11th for this to get this so hopefully I'll be able to pick it up a different day. I think my son will forgive me when he's riding Winnie the Pooh on repeat.

It's a good change for people who only want to ride 7DMT once or twice and ride every other ride (or for people who want to meet the princesses). Not good for people who do EMM just for 7DMT. Now they have to pay $10 more for the same product (from their point of view)

I have to say I’m a little disappointed for the changes... am gutted we miss out on after hours as our trip just falls awkwardly and consoled myself with the fact we’d still be able to go to both emm events.

As we go in Jan, Peter Pan won’t be open. The only rides we really book for are Winnie the Pooh, pan and sdmt. Alongside the great breakfast it was reasonably value for us. Now Peter Pan won’t be open, it already makes it less appealing... with the reduction of breakfast items, increase in cost and likely busier atmosphere.. it just won’t work for us this trip. Perhaps if they add another ride that we are interested in to replace Peter Pan we may reconsider... I can see how the new set up may work for many others though!

Just when I thought I had plans pretty much nailed down, Disney goes and adds this!!! At least this is a happy surprise even if it leaves me with some hard decisions.

As Disney listed 'Princess Fairytale Hall', would you take that to mean Cinderella & Elena and Rapunzel & Tianna will be meeting during EMM?

I have to say I’m a little disappointed for the changes... am gutted we miss out on after hours as our trip just falls awkwardly and consoled myself with the fact we’d still be able to go to both emm events.

As we go in Jan, Peter Pan won’t be open. The only rides we really book for are Winnie the Pooh, pan and sdmt. Alongside the great breakfast it was reasonably value for us. Now Peter Pan won’t be open, it already makes it less appealing... with the reduction of breakfast items, increase in cost and likely busier atmosphere.. it just won’t work for us this trip. Perhaps if they add another ride that we are interested in to replace Peter Pan we may reconsider... I can see how the new set up may work for many others though!

The breakfast menu looks pretty similar to what it was before. What am I missing?

Just booked my tickets for this in late January. I will have to get my fix on 7DWT and then move on tomorrowland once the park opens.

The breakfast menu looks pretty similar to what it was before. What am I missing?

Don't get me wrong it's not going to something drastic like continental but it's just the small changes which altogether add up to a bigger one for me!
They've swapped french toast (my favourite thing and not something we get in the UK easily) to pancakes, the scrambled eggs with assorted toppings to just scrambled eggs, removed the vegetable frittata, no longer offer a choice of sausage links - probably most likely now sausage patty, fried potatoes with caramelised onions has become breakfast potatoes. I see they have added oatmeal and granola though. Now the breakfast seems like something I can pass on where as before, it was something I looked forward too.

Hope I don't come across picky and a downer! Just feel my dollars will be better spent at a better event now that suits us better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter