MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this event has been added to my MK day in January. We already had a PPO ADR at Be Our Guest for 8:05 am with the hopes of getting in line for Seven Dwarfs prior to RD. I gave the option to my daughter to do EMM instead and she wants to stay with our original plan. Peter Pan will not be offered at that time, so that takes the value away for me. Few questions:
1) What are we really missing out on with EMM - can you get that much done, in what really is only about an hour?
2) Will the line still be pretty long when we get out of breakfast and where will they send us to wait?
3) How difficult has it been lately to get FP+ for Seven Dwarfs?

Thank you very much!

We did EMM on Sunday, September 23, and it was fabulous. We rode SDMT 11 times from entry to 8:50, and probably could have done 2 or 3 more rides but I needed caffeine. After SDMT we did one ride each on Pooh and PP, then had breakfast. The breakfast was good. I wish they'd offer iced coffee in more places, because I don't care for hot coffee, especially when it's 90 degrees out.

So, this event has been added to my MK day in January. We already had a PPO ADR at Be Our Guest for 8:05 am with the hopes of getting in line for Seven Dwarfs prior to RD. I gave the option to my daughter to do EMM instead and she wants to stay with our original plan. Peter Pan will not be offered at that time, so that takes the value away for me. Few questions:
1) What are we really missing out on with EMM - can you get that much done, in what really is only about an hour?
2) Will the line still be pretty long when we get out of breakfast and where will they send us to wait?
3) How difficult has it been lately to get FP+ for Seven Dwarfs?

Thank you very much!

I haven't done EMM yet, but I have been one of the people who had BOG PPO reservations on an EMM day. (This is actually how I learned about EMM). They held us near the entrance of 7DMT and the line got quite long. They did not let us go a minute early as they often do on non EMM days. We were fortunate to be able to ride it once without much of a queue, and then again before the crowds from rope drop appeared. By the time we got off the second time, the line was down to Storybook Circus. By comparison, we were able to ride 7DMT at least 6 times on another day that we had BOG PPO reservations, and EMM was not operating.

I was jacked to see dates open for our Dec trip and booked EMM for my family today!

Been tossing the Toy Story Land EMM thing about for some time but just think we will get more bang for the buck by doing the MK instead.

Now as usual we have some park day changes to make including ADR since we added this EMM today so our original MK is different

So a $10 price increase along with a pretty big format change. The current EMM price hadn’t changed since introduced in 2016. Now it matches the DHS EMM price.

I’m good with this and like the change. Having done EMM probably more times than I should admit, I was getting a bit bored with it as-is.

Sort of wish they’d expand the time... make it 7:30 start or something.... so you can get more time in.

I’d rather eat in Pinocchio Village House than Cosmic Rays, but I’ll live with it. :-)

First reaction, I think I like it.

Quick question. Will you start a new thread with 2019 dates and information or will this one just continue? I like this discussion board the best as you give the best information, advice and someone always answers people's questions. The two times we went to Disney this was not offered (or maybe it was the first time but we were newbies and didn't know about it). We are going in November 2019 and I can't wait to book this and Hollywood Studios if both are offered.

Quick question. Will you start a new thread with 2019 dates and information or will this one just continue? I like this discussion board the best as you give the best information, advice and someone always answers people's questions. The two times we went to Disney this was not offered (or maybe it was the first time but we were newbies and didn't know about it). We are going in November 2019 and I can't wait to book this and Hollywood Studios if both are offered.

Thanks for the nice note. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I was debating starting a new one vs keeping this one going, but for now I think we'll keep this one and update Post #1-#2 content. I went through the other day and updated what we know for the "12/2+" format. I may change my mind once that event starts, not quite sure yet. :confused:

I think this was answered already, but I'm just confirming to get a clear/direct answer...We have 8am reservations at BOG on a day that offers EMM...To confirm, we will NOT be allowed to ride any rides until 9am, even if we're done with breakfast early?
A bit grumpy that I woke up so early 180 days out in order to make that reservation :P

I think this was answered already, but I'm just confirming to get a clear/direct answer...We have 8am reservations at BOG on a day that offers EMM...To confirm, we will NOT be allowed to ride any rides until 9am, even if we're done with breakfast early?
A bit grumpy that I woke up so early 180 days out in order to make that reservation :P

That is correct. Last year when we did EMM they had people holding ropes and nobody without the EMM wristband could pass them into the ride section.

That is correct. Last year when we did EMM they had people holding ropes and nobody without the EMM wristband could pass them into the ride section.
Thanks for answering!!
Now if there was only a way to get back the 3 hours of sleep I lost getting up so early to make that reservation lol...

If it makes you feel better you will still most likely be ahead of the rope drop people. That's how it worked the day we were there. They walked the BOG crowd over and let them in line a few minutes before rope drop. That's still a pretty big advantage even if you don't ride it before park open. You'll probably be done by about 9:05.

Is it absolutely insane of me to do EMM at HS on 12/10, EMM at MK on 12/11, and then MVMCP the same night?????? With a 2yo?????

We did! MNSSHP on 9/16, DHS EMM on 9/17; MK EMM on 9/18, MNSSHP on 9/18...and DAH on 9/20. We were so tired on 9/21 that, when we arrived at AK for RD and found out Expedition Everest was down, we went back to room and slept until the afternoon,lol

We did! MNSSHP on 9/16, DHS EMM on 9/17; MK EMM on 9/18, MNSSHP on 9/18...and DAH on 9/20. We were so tired on 9/21 that, when we arrived at AK for RD and found out Expedition Everest was down, we went back to room and slept until the afternoon,lol
Impressively exhausting!! And I thought my trip about 10 days ago was exhausting! We did EMM at MK and MNSSHP on the same day (the previous morning we were up at 3 AM to make a 6 AM flight...). Two mornings later I was up at 4 to pack, get our luggage to airline check-in, and get myself and DD over to HS for the EMM passholder event. We like a little craziness on our Disney trips! Sounds like you do too! :D

For those that want to book EMM but dates haven't been released by your ADR date, how do you plan? We need to get a lunch ressie for CRT, but for whatever reason, my brain is having a hard time formulating a plan here. We are going the first full week in May...and i am already way over planning.

Impressively exhausting!! And I thought my trip about 10 days ago was exhausting! We did EMM at MK and MNSSHP on the same day (the previous morning we were up at 3 AM to make a 6 AM flight...). Two mornings later I was up at 4 to pack, get our luggage to airline check-in, and get myself and DD over to HS for the EMM passholder event. We like a little craziness on our Disney trips! Sounds like you do too! :D

It was adults only so we could handle a little craziness! If our three kids had been long, there would have been major pushback, lol.

Impressive

For those that want to book EMM but dates haven't been released by your ADR date, how do you plan? We need to get a lunch ressie for CRT, but for whatever reason, my brain is having a hard time formulating a plan here. We are going the first full week in May...and i am already way over planning.

That's a toughy. As Post #2 of this thread shows, it's very hard to predict when EMM will be available. There are some patterns, but hard to rely on them with certainty.

Personally, I would not plan around EMM 'potentially' being offered as that could be a recipe for being disappointed.

I would maybe do something like plan a BOG breakfast/MK day anyway.... then if EMM becomes available I just cancel BOG and book EMM... easy peasy.

But, again, I'd proceed with caution and keep an eye on this thread for when/if dates get posted.

Can you do CRT on the same day as EMM, if it’s offered? I would do as @GADisneyDad14 suggested and plan a MK day the day you’re hoping for EMM. I would go ahead and make a lunch reservation at CRT that day. I think by then you’ll be ready for a little break. The problem, I suppose, would be if you’re aiming for one special event or character meal a day. I wish Disney would release reservations for special events at the same time as dining reservations. It would make life so much easier for those of us overplanners!

Last year for our October trip, I knew if EMM was available, I’d want it. So on the days that EMM could be (Sunday, Tuesday) I booked my lunch at 1-ish since I knew we’d be having a later breakfast with EMM. I also had breakfasts booked that I could cancel if EMM came out. This year we are going end of November, beginning of December and I did the same planning for December EMM. When it came out, I just canceled our breakfast and our lunch was already at 12:45p.

Is it absolutely insane of me to do EMM at HS on 12/10, EMM at MK on 12/11, and then MVMCP the same night?????? With a 2yo?????

I’d do it if you think your kid could handle it! I know mine were older, they were 5,7 and we did 4 MNSSHP’s, 2 EMM, a pirate and pal firework voyage and a firework dessert party all a week. We just did a little afternoon nap on the dates with evening plans.

I see that there is EMM on Tues 1/29. This will be our very first trip to Disney and that will be our first day at MK.

Thoughts on whether this would be worth it? It will just be me with 4 kids - I’m thinking this might be a great way to let the older, more adventurous kids (8, 10, and 12) ride 7DMT multiple times without me having to worry too much about them standing in long lines alone. My youngest is 6 and would ride once, but she generally doesn’t prefer the bigger thrill rides.

Disney is so hard to plan! TY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter