MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For folks following along for December dates, those in a +10 window can see through Sunday 12/16 and there are still no EMMs showing up for December so far.

We'll have to wait to see if this in fact means no December EMMs (like last year) or if they add dates later on.
I wrote to Disney and said I was disappointed that there were no December dates for EMM, especially since they have them in November. I received a nice response thanking me for my input and they stated they may consider adding dates in December and that nothing has been determined yet. I think December will be out once we see dates in January added. I've made my plans with the expectation of an 8am park opening and no EMM. If that changes, great, but not necessarily hopeful.

For folks following along for December dates, those in a +10 window can see through Sunday 12/16 and there are still no EMMs showing up for December so far.

We'll have to wait to see if this in fact means no December EMMs (like last year) or if they add dates later on.

Thanks. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with EMM in January. If they restart appearing on the schedule for January, then I think my December EMM hopes are done. We’ll see in a few weeks.

Last edited:

So I was able to check 12/9 today and no Early Morning Magic :(
It's looking like they will likely be opening at 8am during December which means no EMM all month. That's what happened last year.
When do they announce early openings? We are going the second week of December and we’re hoping for EMM.

Will the resort monorail be running early enough to get us to the MK in time for EMM?

It normally 'should' be, although mechanical delays/closures can happen. When you are there, grab a copy of the weekly Times Guide, it will have the latest monorail hours. This site is a handy link too: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

The Resort Monorail has generally been opening at 7AM these days, although hours can change week to week .

I do recommend to have a backup plan in mind just in case you run across an unexpected monorail closure.

Have fun!

It normally 'should' be, although mechanical delays/closures can happen. When you are there, grab a copy of the weekly Times Guide, it will have the latest monorail hours. This site is a handy link too: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

The Resort Monorail has generally been opening at 7AM these days, although hours can change week to week .

I do recommend to have a backup plan in mind just in case you run across an unexpected monorail closure.

Have fun!

Do you, or anyone else, know what the best way would be to get there from the Poly in the event of a monorail closure? Will buses be running from the resort that early? I know the boat doesn’t run that early, and I am not sure of any other transport options? I always like to have a “Plan B,” but I’m not sure what my Plan B should be...

When do they announce early openings? We are going the second week of December and we’re hoping for EMM.

"Most" of the time EMM dates become bookable at 180 days out (180+10 with an on-site reservation) and are loaded like a typical ADR. But, at times EMM will get "off" of that 180 pattern and it leaves all of us guessing as to when/if new EMM dates will be added. EMM dates were on the rolling 180 day pattern through the end of November and it just got off that schedule with no Dec dates appearing. That means either 1) Disney will not be offering any EMM dates in December this year (which was the case last year), or 2) they'll add dates later... and if that's the case, we don't have any of knowing when it will happen.

Hope that makes sense.

Do you, or anyone else, know what the best way would be to get there from the Poly in the event of a monorail closure? Will buses be running from the resort that early? I know the boat doesn’t run that early, and I am not sure of any other transport options? I always like to have a “Plan B,” but I’m not sure what my Plan B should be...
There will be a bus running to MK if the momorail is down.

This wasn't for EMM, but on a recent Poly trip I was trying to be out front of the MK at 7:30AM, so roughly the same timing as EMM.

Walked up to the monorail entrance... delayed start.

When the monorail isn't running there is "supposed" to be a bus to MK, but at that hour, with timing being of the essence, I've always been too scared to trek to the bus stop, wait, what if it doesn't come, etc. I'm paranoid and worry about the monorail opening the split second I walk out of the Grand Ceremonial House on my way to the bus stop, and they waive off bus service, and then I'm sitting there like an idiot waiting! Unfortunately, I have generally found that communication of status to on the ground CMs isn't exactly the best, so I also worry about asking someone what to do.

Perhaps my concern above is unfounded, but personally I like Plan B options that give me more control.

On my particular morning, I went straight downstairs and started searching for a Minnie Van on the app. None were around at that moment, so we took a taxi to CR and walked over. Granted it cost me like $8+ tip, but well worth it as I made it pretty much on time with minimal stress. If DS had been smaller and needed a car seat like I know you do, I would have spent more time looking for a Minnie Van or Uber w/ Car Seat.

Another alternative from Poly is walking over to the TTC and taking the MK Ferry. It'll cost you the walk time over there, but it's not a bad Plan B or Plan C if things aren't going your way.

Sorry, long explanation, but hope that helps.

I wanted to share our gluten free experience from this morning. June 10.

We asked a cast member just inside the door who we could talk with about gf food. She went in back and got a chef. The chef Tammy, (who was awesome!) came out with a binder. It showed what on the buffet my daughter could choose. As well as frozen Vans waffles, blueberry waffles and French toast sticks. The French toast also came with breakfast breads. These were the same French toast sticks and breads from Be Our Guest.

My dd chose French toast sticks IMG_9506.JPG

Most everything on the buffet was gf, scrambled eggs, frittata, potatoes and all the meats.
We asked Tammy if she would mind making a plate of bacon and potatoes in the back. She happily agreed. I didn't check my watch but it took around 10 minutes I would say. This around 9:15.

Also Peter Pan was down. Bands could be used as FP until noon but we didn't make it back.

Have fun!
Thank you for this. I bookmarked that page! Can you help with my back-up plan? From the Poly would that be heading the TTC and either catching the Express monorail or the ferry? Do you know at what time the Poly launch boat begins operating?

I wanted to share our gluten free experience from this morning. June 10.

We asked a cast member just inside the door who we could talk with about gf food. She went in back and got a chef. The chef Tammy, (who was awesome!) came out with a binder. It showed what on the buffet my daughter could choose. As well as frozen Vans waffles, blueberry waffles and French toast sticks. The French toast also came with breakfast breads. These were the same French toast sticks and breads from Be Our Guest.

My dd chose French toast sticks View attachment 328448

Most everything on the buffet was gf, scrambled eggs, frittata, potatoes and all the meats.
We asked Tammy if she would mind making a plate of bacon and potatoes in the back. She happily agreed. I didn't check my watch but it took around 10 minutes I would say. This around 9:15.

Also Peter Pan was down. Bands could be used as FP until noon but we didn't make it back.

Thanks for checking in! I've added a link to your post on Post #3 for future DISer reference - gluten free is often asked about around here and you don't tend to see that much detailed info, so your post is much appreciated. Hope you enjoyed your morning, even with PP being down.

Thank you for this. I bookmarked that page! Can you help with my back-up plan? From the Poly would that be heading the TTC and either catching the Express monorail or the ferry? Do you know at what time the Poly launch boat begins operating?

The "what time does the Poly resort launch start" question is one that I'm embarrassed to say I don't know. I "feel" like I've always seen it running pretty darn early, but you read posts from people who say it's an hour before park opening, so I'm honestly not quite sure. I certainly "feel" like I've heard those boats start tooting before 8am, but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways, as to Plan B from Poly, check out my post above in response to @KrazeeK120 - that's pretty much how I think about it.

If it helps, that one morning I describe was the first time in quite a few Poly to MK early mornings where the monorail thwarted my Plan A.

Hope that helps!

Anyone do EMM this morning? Our family did it and Peter Pan was down the entire time which caused a backup on 7 Dwarves. We did this a few years ago and it was a blast, but this time it was quite the stinker. The kids had only the carousel and pooh to ride (and when did the smelly poof stop working?). You could hop right on 7 Dwarves before, but queue lines were backed up :( Guessing either it was because Pan was down or there were a lot more guests. It did feel more crowded for the breakfast, so maybe a combination of the 2. Either way, not the most magical of mornings.

This wasn't for EMM, but on a recent Poly trip I was trying to be out front of the MK at 7:30AM, so roughly the same timing as EMM.

Walked up to the monorail entrance... delayed start.

When the monorail isn't running there is "supposed" to be a bus to MK, but at that hour, with timing being of the essence, I've always been too scared to trek to the bus stop, wait, what if it doesn't come, etc. I'm paranoid and worry about the monorail opening the split second I walk out of the Grand Ceremonial House on my way to the bus stop, and they waive off bus service, and then I'm sitting there like an idiot waiting! Unfortunately, I have generally found that communication of status to on the ground CMs isn't exactly the best, so I also worry about asking someone what to do.

Perhaps my concern above is unfounded, but personally I like Plan B options that give me more control.

On my particular morning, I went straight downstairs and started searching for a Minnie Van on the app. None were around at that moment, so we took a taxi to CR and walked over. Granted it cost me like $8+ tip, but well worth it as I made it pretty much on time with minimal stress. If DS had been smaller and needed a car seat like I know you do, I would have spent more time looking for a Minnie Van or Uber w/ Car Seat.

Another alternative from Poly is walking over to the TTC and taking the MK Ferry. It'll cost you the walk time over there, but it's not a bad Plan B or Plan C if things aren't going your way.

Sorry, long explanation, but hope that helps.

Appreciate the response!

I’ve heard that Minnie Vans are hard to come by at that time, which would give me pause in attempting to find one. As you note, we need a car seat, so that does put us in a more difficult situation in looking for transportation.

I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that we don’t run into issues!!

The "what time does the Poly resort launch start" question is one that I'm embarrassed to say I don't know. I "feel" like I've always seen it running pretty darn early, but you read posts from people who say it's an hour before park opening, so I'm honestly not quite sure. I certainly "feel" like I've heard those boats start tooting before 8am, but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways, as to Plan B from Poly, check out my post above in response to @KrazeeK120 - that's pretty much how I think about it.

If it helps, that one morning I describe was the first time in quite a few Poly to MK early mornings where the monorail thwarted my Plan A.

Hope that helps!
Thank you! Again, very helpful information!

Anyone do EMM this morning? Our family did it and Peter Pan was down the entire time which caused a backup on 7 Dwarves. We did this a few years ago and it was a blast, but this time it was quite the stinker. The kids had only the carousel and pooh to ride (and when did the smelly poof stop working?). You could hop right on 7 Dwarves before, but queue lines were backed up :( Guessing either it was because Pan was down or there were a lot more guests. It did feel more crowded for the breakfast, so maybe a combination of the 2. Either way, not the most magical of mornings.
We were there this morning. It's interesting because I didn't fell like it was crowded at all! My youngest rode mine train about 4x in a row, coming out to where we were waiting after each time. And it seemed pretty fast to me.
We were bummed about Peter Pan. But I was glad mine train was open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter