MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note - the tea cups and carousel are not part of EMM. I’ve seen reports of the carousel being open from time to time. It was not open the day we did EMM. My son was below the height requirement for 7DMT (I’m hoping he will make it next trip), but we switched off doing Peter Pan and Pooh with him while the other ride 7DMT.

As far as breakfast, I think 9:30-9:45 is good. That way, you can do an attraction or 2 at RD.
Thank you! 9:45 is what I was thinking. What time do they start putting the food away? 10 or a little earlier? The tea cups and carousel were just in case. We would probably do PP.

Thank you! 9:45 is what I was thinking. What time do they start putting the food away? 10 or a little earlier? The tea cups and carousel were just in case. We would probably do PP.

We went closer to 9:30, but the food was definitely still out when we left. I’m not sure exactly when they start putting it away...hopefully someone else can chime in!

We usually go to eat between 9:30 and 9:45, and the food is definitely out and completely restocked all the way to 10:00. At that point the probably stop bringing new out (I'm not sure of that, just assuming), and they do take one half of the buffet down around then (the buffet is two sided and the two sides are mirror images of each other), but the other half has been up until around 10:15-10:20 when we've finished and left before. I can't say for sure when they would officially shut someone off, maybe on a general day everyone is done and on their way in a timely enough fashion they are able to just leave the second half up until the last people leave? I do think most people have other plans like FPs or riding before the crowds get unbearable that they want to get to, so they don't tend to linger too long.

Anyone else planning Space Mountain and Buzz directly after EMM at ropedrop? How much time do you think that will take? Trying to decide on ropedrop plan and not sure if I have enough time to do both and make it back to breakfast by 9:45 at latest?? Thoughts?

From my review earlier in this thread...

We rode WTP last at about 8:50am and once we exited we stood at the ride’s entrance area with a few others until the CMs had the all clear to let us head toward Tomorrowland. We rode Space Mountain twice with practically no wait, then darted back across the park to BTMRR. At this time it was about 9:30am so we went to Pinocchio’s Villagehaus to eat.

This was during our Spring Break in March. We didn't have to wait for any other RD crowds to arrive; if I recall correctly they just let us go at around 9am which I assumed was treated as our own "rope drop".

From my review earlier in this thread...

This was during our Spring Break in March. We didn't have to wait for any other RD crowds to arrive; if I recall correctly they just let us go at around 9am which I assumed was treated as our own "rope drop".

I wish they had done it that way June 17th. They held us beside the Teacups, we were allowed that far because they were running that morning during EMM. It turned to 9:00, we heard the fireworks go off that I assume are part of the opening show (we haven't watched it), and then held us very emphatically until the crowd led by a CM came across the second bridge to Tomorrowland, that leads almost directly toward the teacups reached us. By the time they got to us, the crowd that was being led across the first bridge to tomorrowland (and presumably also past the Tomorrowland Terrace restaurant) had already reached tomorrowland, so we had to be behind all of them. I do think they did not do it this way during one of our previous EMMs at least a year ago, because IIRC my DH and DS did ride Space mt prior to breakfast then without much of a wait, unlike this last trip. Maybe it depends on if the teacups are running for EMM or not :confused3?

I wish they had done it that way June 17th. ... Maybe it depends on if the teacups are running for EMM or not :confused3?

Were the Teacups running that time for you guys? They weren't for us.

Not that it really matters... I don't think you're making this up. I was just relaying my experience. This may be one of those 'YMMV' scenarios.

Were the Teacups running that time for you guys? They weren't for us.

Not that it really matters... I don't think you're making this up. I was just relaying my experience. This may be one of those 'YMMV' scenarios.
Yes, the teacups were running that time. I never noticed if they were running the other times we did EMM. Maybe it’s just different CMs. I agree, it’s probably a random YMMV on how you get to Tomorrowland upon park opening.

Just got back from our trip and we did EMM on June 24. OMG we loved every second! We arrived at 7:15 am and stood to the far left rather than behind everyone. We were let in at 7:45 and we were the third to walk down Mainstreet! So magical!!! We stopped to take some photos down by mickeys statue and in front of the castle. Around 8:00 we hit PP and rode it 3X. At 8:15 we headed over to Seven Dwarfs. At first, we had to wait for two trains before we could get on but by 8:30 people were already leaving for breakfast. No one was in line! We would get off and by the time we swung around the line,s we would be on the same train we just got off of. We rode it 10x and on our last ride 8:59, we were the only ones on the train! It was perfect!!! From there we went to HM and headed over for our first fp for splash and BTM. This experience is totally worth it and we will definitely do it again! We did not participate in the breakfast only because we had a brunch scheduled at 1900 Park Fare!

If anyone can chime in I am wondering if it is feasible to ride Pan x 2, Pooh x 2 and 7DMT x 5. We cannot skip Pooh, as it's my daughter's favorite ride in all of WDW.

We want to do Haunted Mansion at 9am then eat breakfast. Does this sound like a reasonable plan? Any suggestions on the order?

If anyone can chime in I am wondering if it is feasible to ride Pan x 2, Pooh x 2 and 7DMT x 5. We cannot skip Pooh, as it's my daughter's favorite ride in all of WDW.

We want to do Haunted Mansion at 9am then eat breakfast. Does this sound like a reasonable plan? Any suggestions on the order?

Sounds good to me!

I’d do Pooh first, then PP, then 7DMT.

This past Sunday, our first ride on 7DMT was just over a 5 minute wait. Our last ride at 8:55ish was a total walk on and there were only 4 people total on the train.

As time has gone on I’m more in the camp that burning time on 7DMT right out of the gate may not be the best plan if you’re trying to maximize every single minute of the event.

Sounds good to me!

This past Sunday, our first ride on 7DMT was just over a 5 minute wait. Our last ride at 8:55ish was a total walk on and there were only 4 people total on the train.

As time has gone on I’m more in the camp that burning time on 7DMT right out of the gate may not be the best plan if you’re trying to maximize every single minute of the event.

Thank you! I've been reading about the short waits on 7DMT and thinking we better have a good plan.

Sounds good to me!

I would do PP first only because when we did it, no one was there. Then head to Winnie and last seven dwarfs. You will be amazed at how many people leave seven dwarfs by 8:30!

Also while I’m thinking about it, the carousel and tea cups were running this past Sunday.

Pretty sure carousel was open from the beginning.

I’m not exactly sure when they opened tea cups. Frankly it didn’t look open and they had two CMs set up just past Pooh guarding you from going any further. We somewhat randomly walked over and asked if tea cups was open (expecting them to say no) and they said sure, go on. Rode twice in a row alone - and frankly could have done it many more times if we had wanted to.

.... The week of our trip was our Spring Break covering 3/17 – 3/23 (1st park day – last park day).

We hit Peter Pan first, figuring most would jet over to SDMT so we might save ourselves… maybe a minute or two of waiting in line… first world problems. I won’t bore you with details of ride order but rather here’s the number of times per ride:
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (SDMT) – 5x
  • Peter Pan’s Flight (PPF) – 3x
  • Winnie the Pooh (WTP) – 2x

Note: We could have ridden these more if we had made it a point to. But, we also stopped a few minutes here and there to take photos.

Well, I'm going to blame this thread. :)

I canceled our PPO breakfast at Crystal Palace and reserved EMM for our August trip. After learning about the changes in rope-drop policies and paying an arm and leg for a breakfast we've already experienced, I decided to pay a little more and go for something new.
I'm so psyched. :yo-yo: Thanks to all who shared their experiences. It definitely helps with the planning.

I think this is feasible, for sure. We rode Pooh twice in a row without having to get out. We rode Pan twice in a row too but had to get out and loop back through. Then we rode 7DMT a bunch of times (I think 4), but we also stopped for pics. We were in line at 8:50 for the Rapunzel M&G (4th in line), rode IASW, then went and got some breakfast. It was great!

So after reading this thread we decided to book for our November trip....but it is all sold out! Do they usually sell out this far in advance(answer to this is probably yes), any chance of snagging a cancellation?

So after reading this thread we decided to book for our November trip....but it is all sold out! Do they usually sell out this far in advance(answer to this is probably yes), any chance of snagging a cancellation?

Hmm.. Some September dates are actually still available. Maybe because November is busier than September?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter