MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

You’re overthinking this. Don’t stress about something that rarely happens.

I get it. I was concerned before I went the first time. Everything went just fine. If it doesn’t next time I will deal with it then.
I know, you are right. Gosh, I'm just worried. On a side note, SDD has been down the entire time at DAH tonight.

I know, you are right. Gosh, I'm just worried. On a side note, SDD has been down the entire time at DAH tonight.

And that’s unfortunate. It’s up to the guests if they want to complain and request compensation. With every other ride up and running there might not be much.

It was working fine the entire time we were there for DAH.

And that’s unfortunate. It’s up to the guests if they want to complain and request compensation. With every other ride up and running there might not be much.

It was working fine the entire time we were there for DAH.
Oh ya, that would be the ride that made the whole event for me. Maybe 3-4 fast passes for it on another day? Something like that. And like I said, I have never complained in the past 13 years. Honest I haven't, lol.

Thank you for posting your experience, this is almost exactly what we want to do in May. Did you do the breakfast? I’ve been trying to figure out when to fit it in since it’s a bit of backtracking to go to Frontierland at rope drop instead of Tommorowland. Have a wonderful rest of your trip!
Let us know your experience in May. We are a looking at doing it for our May 2020 trip and would probably head over to BTMR at RD too.

Am I missing something - I wanted to book Early Morning in Fantasyland on 9/15 but it isn't showing up - it is available every other Sunday but not that one. It is also available on Tuesday, 9/17 but not Sunday. Would there ever open up a day if it wasn't open on the 180 day mark?

Am I missing something - I wanted to book Early Morning in Fantasyland on 9/15 but it isn't showing up - it is available every other Sunday but not that one. It is also available on Tuesday, 9/17 but not Sunday. Would there ever open up a day if it wasn't open on the 180 day mark?

@mmouse50 , is there availability if you check on 9/17??? Meaning it would allow you to book, or is it showing “no tables available”?
Disney is showing the dates for September MK EMM but not opening up availability for some reason (I called and they had no answers). Some posters on this thread were able to purchase 9/1 and 9/3, but nothing after that has been opened up to book even though the dates are lighting up at 180 days.
I’m not sure why Sunday 9/15 wouldn’t be lit up, though, if you’re in your 180+10 window.

Last edited:
I am booked and paid for EMM Fantasyland on Sept 8th and I just checked to make sure it is showing up in my reservations. and it is. I am concerned if I really have tickets if no one else is able to book????? I will call Disney to confirm it is on for Sept 8th.

I am booked and paid for EMM Fantasyland on Sept 8th and I just checked to make sure it is showing up in my reservations. and it is. I am concerned if I really have tickets if no one else is able to book????? I will call Disney to confirm it is on for Sept 8th.
That’s really interesting- Disney told me they weren’t opening up those dates for booking yet (even though they are lighting them up on the calendar). How did you book?

I booked online myself at my 180 day ADR day March 7th. It has been charged to my Disney Visa also. I am on the phone now waiting for a cast member. Will update as soon as I am off the phone.
I can’t wait to hear the answer to this! I’ve been checking every morning since my ADR date on 3/11 & it keeps saying no availability. I assumed they hadn’t released tickets but now I’m afraid it’s truly sold out if you were already able to purchase tix for 9/8.

Just got off the phone from the cast member who said "it was sold out."for September 8th. She was actually surprised that it was sold out as she said it does not generally happen. Now I am worried it may be overly crowded that day........

Just got off the phone from the cast member who said "it was sold out."for September 8th. She was actually surprised that it was sold out as she said it does not generally happen. Now I am worried it may be overly crowded that day........
Thanks for the update! According to multiple CMs when I called last week, they told me they could confirm NO tickets were sold for that date whatsoever- that Disney hadn’t opened up availability yet (which obviously isn’t true given that you’ve booked). My 180 is coming up VERY soon, so I was hoping they’d sort this out before then...
Glad for you that you got tickets, though!

I told the castmember my fear was a glitch that sold me 7 EMM tickets for Sept 8th and my family would be the only ones who showed up for a EMM day. She assured me this was not the case but who knows with all that has been said. I guess we will see what happens. Thanks for your info also.

Those Sept dates stopped being bookable (despite being blue) approximately around when SWGE opening was announced. My total guess is they put a pause on spots for the moment while they evaluate park calendar needs. Or EMM getting on an automatic 180 day rolling basis (which it recently did) was a mistake.

It doesn’t surprise me a CM would say it’s sold out when you call. It’s obviously not but they aren’t going to know any better (generally speaking).

Last fall when some dates were bookable and they eventually cancelled some, guests who had booked received direct phone calls from guest relations.

My 180 days was this morning and I got all my dining just not the emm - I didn’t try for the 17th as it was day I am leavng

My 180 days was this morning and I got all my dining just not the emm - I didn’t try for the 17th as it was day I am leavng

Congrats on getting all of your dining! :cool1: If you have a moment, would you be willing to check if the 17th is showing availability, please? Thank you!

Those Sept dates stopped being bookable (despite being blue) approximately around when SWGE opening was announced. My total guess is they put a pause on spots for the moment while they evaluate park calendar needs. Or EMM getting on an automatic 180 day rolling basis (which it recently did) was a mistake.

It doesn’t surprise me a CM would say it’s sold out when you call. It’s obviously not but they aren’t going to know any better (generally speaking).

Last fall when some dates were bookable and they eventually cancelled some, guests who had booked received direct phone calls from guest relations.

Thank you for that information. Do you know approximately how far in advance guest relations would let me know it is cancelled?

There have been a number of negative experience lately so I thought I would post our review from this morning. It was amazing! Started off well... we got to the park around 7:20 and were let into the park at 7:43. Grabbed photopass picture in front of the castle (no wait). Walked onto tea cups, walked onto Winnie the Pooh, did Peter Pan x2 and we didn’t have to walk through the standby line - went through fastpass line and then walked directly back in from the exit for the second ride. Then did all four princesses at the Princess Hall. Then rode SDMT three times in a row as walk on. That took us to 8:40 am. We could have done SDMT a couple more times but my son was hungry. We popped into Cosmic Rays just to grab some pastries and then lined up to rope drop Space Mountain. The cast members walked the line so you merge at the head of the main rope drop line, so if this is your plan your best bet for being close to the front is to be close to the cast member holding the line. We were within the first 30 people on Space Mountain and were on and off by 9:14. Walked on Buzz Lightyear and were back to a cosmic rays for a proper breakfast by 9:30 am. We scheduled our fast passes for 10, 11, and 12 and managed to grab a 4th by refreshing and modifying the second and third forwards after we completed the first. We left the park before 1 pm feeling like we got almost everything done. Going back tonight for the fireworks and have a FP for one of our outstanding rides. For us, this EMM was worth every penny.

There have been a number of negative experience lately so I thought I would post our review from this morning. It was amazing! Started off well... we got to the park around 7:20 and were let into the park at 7:43. Grabbed photopass picture in front of the castle (no wait). Walked onto tea cups, walked onto Winnie the Pooh, did Peter Pan x2 and we didn’t have to walk through the standby line - went through fastpass line and then walked directly back in from the exit for the second ride. Then did all four princesses at the Princess Hall. Then rode SDMT three times in a row as walk on. That took us to 8:40 am. We could have done SDMT a couple more times but my son was hungry. We popped into Cosmic Rays just to grab some pastries and then lined up to rope drop Space Mountain. The cast members walked the line so you merge at the head of the main rope drop line, so if this is your plan your best bet for being close to the front is to be close to the cast member holding the line. We were within the first 30 people on Space Mountain and were on and off by 9:14. Walked on Buzz Lightyear and were back to a cosmic rays for a proper breakfast by 9:30 am. We scheduled our fast passes for 10, 11, and 12 and managed to grab a 4th by refreshing and modifying the second and third forwards after we completed the first. We left the park before 1 pm feeling like we got almost everything done. Going back tonight for the fireworks and have a FP for one of our outstanding rides. For us, this EMM was worth every penny.

Thanks for the write up. This was very similar to our experience on 2-26. So I'm curious to know what the different factors in play are on the days people had horrible days in the last month. Outside of the day 7DMT had a breakdown of course.

Thank you so much for taking time to share your wonderful experience with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter