MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Do you want to be in a position to be completely done with fantasy land by 9am? That’s really the value for us. You can really do all of MK in a day when you’re that far ahead. Or for us we were done with MK by noon, and headed to another park.

That’s a great way to look at it. Unfortunately it will be on day 3 of MK for us so not sure if it will have much value at that point. :) we shall see!

Those people went on a very busy Sunday. And they had technical issues handing out bands that day. On a Tuesday we rode EVERY ride in Fantasyland by 8:15(except Ariel) then went to 7DMT and rode it 6 times before leaving at 8:55 to go get breakfast. You could ride it as quickly as you could get back to it. And we were even asking to wait for the next train so we could ride in front every time.

Edit: I have to qualify "very busy" as both days were sold out, so should be the same crowds. But you know, Disney math I guess?

I posted my experience above and we went on a Tuesday. We last did the event in December with the new format and could easily have gone on 7D ten times (like we had in the past) if we had decided to forego the other rides. Something has been weird lately.

Just booked for June 4th. Kind of hoping they open up a MH DAH night when we are there. If they do we will cancel our EMM and go with DAH.

You enter by the tea cups now.

Our morning they had entry running on both the left and right sides of Main Street, but it sounds like that’s not typical, it’s usually the left. But Main Street is still empty enough that it’s not really a problem to cross from one side to the other.
Thanks again for this info. I actually meant Sleepy Hollow, not Storybook. :) I'm glad you were able to understand.

Ok, here are the wait times posted for SDMT for the date of March 12th from Touring Plans. Not cool.

7:49- 30
7:56- 15
8:00- 25
8:07- 20
8:14- 20
8:21- 10
8:27- 15
8:45- 15
8:56- 15

No "walk on" times here.:mad:
I did EMM this day and touring plans was correct. Waits were high for this ride. One train stopped working for a few minutes. Plus it was Spring Break.

I did EMM this day and touring plans was correct. Waits were high for this ride. One train stopped working for a few minutes. Plus it was Spring Break.
I originally responded to that post and I now think I misread it. I thought that poster had MADE a touring plan from the TP site and that’s what the estimated wait times were (and per TP, their system isn’t yet able to estimate EMM wait times in touring plans). After re-reading, I see the poster meant those were the actual posted wait times for that day.

We found the long waits carried through most of the morning but not until the end, I’m skeptical of TP’s numbers for the end. We had at least one total walk on and one very short wait right at the end. We got three rides in under 20 minutes.

Our first ride earlier in the morning was a longer wait (15-20) even though we had tried to wait for crowds to die down, I now assume we caught the backlog after the closure, but the end of the event it did seem to be moving fast.

I posted my experience above and we went on a Tuesday. We last did the event in December with the new format and could easily have gone on 7D ten times (like we had in the past) if we had decided to forego the other rides. Something has been weird lately.

Seems so but I was just there 2-26, an amazing day. Its seems a breakdown was involved at least one of these days.

What in everyone's opinion should the maximum wait time for SDMT be for this event?

Last edited:
Did you ride Peter pan? I was surprised they had us walk through the whole que for that. To me that took up extra time.

We did. It was a walk on when we were there but they were still using the standby queue, which surprised me too. I was glad because I don’t think I’d ever seen it before (or maybe I did when I was a kid? But not as an adult at least!), and I’ve always been curious about it since people talk about wanting to ride standby just to see it. I enjoyed speedwalking through and getting to see it all, but without having to stand around! It probably added an extra 2 minutes? We only wanted to ride once so it wasn’t a big deal, but if you wanted multiple rides it would add up.

Any compensation?
I didn’t hear of anyone getting compensation that day, but I also didn’t ask. From reading the reports it sounds like experiences varied a lot by when you hit the rides, so maybe some of the folks who had worse timing and hit the long lines asked/received something.

Our family got 4 rides on SDMT plus a nice mix of other rides so we were happy (I think 4 is about my limit for mine train anyway, at least before breakfast—I need some protein if I’m going to do a lot of coasters!). I feel bad for those who hit the rides as they were down, though, those waits sounded bad.

Well in all the years of going to Disney, since 2005, I have never complained to them about anything at all. Not once. Had no real need to. But if we end up going to this and I don't feel as though we got our moneys worth, I will very politely and professionally let them know that I am not happy and how I feel about the $340 I spent.

Well in all the years of going to Disney, since 2005, I have never complained to them about anything at all. Not once. Had no real need to. But if we end up going to this and I don't feel as though we got our moneys worth, I will very politely and professionally let them know that I am not happy and how I feel about the $340 I spent.

You’re overthinking this. Don’t stress about something that rarely happens.

I get it. I was concerned before I went the first time. Everything went just fine. If it doesn’t next time I will deal with it then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter