MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I heard Villains After Hours is pretty crowded. I was debating about booking one though but I’m just not sure that my 4 year old would be able to stay up to 1 am

I hear you. I think the after hours event is better for the snacks and more rides. Plus its longer. but my kids will be 6 and 9. I am not sure they would be good even at 930. Maybe when they are older. But I know we can make the 7:45 EMM......

I hear you. I think the after hours event is better for the snacks and more rides. Plus its longer. but my kids will be 6 and 9. I am not sure they would be good even at 930. Maybe when they are older. But I know we can make the 7:45 EMM......
She actually probably could make it to 1 lol. We have done the extra magic hours until like 11:30 one night but then she fell asleep on the last ride and I don’t want to spend that much for that to happen

She actually probably could make it to 1 lol. We have done the extra magic hours until like 11:30 one night but then she fell asleep on the last ride and I don’t want to spend that much for that to happen

Ok, you got me thinking. We are going next Jan/Feb and there's a good chance the event will be from 8-11. I think we could do that..... it would give us 3 days at HS, 1 day plus this at MK and one day at each of the other parks. I was planning on 2 days each at MK and HS but with all the attractions at HS this may be better. We could go the day after DAH in the afternoon and use the FP then. Just no mid-week park break as we wouldn't use our 6 day ticket on the DAH day. I can already hear my husband's reaction to this.......but I have a year to work on him!!

It seems like we could do more than at EMM. Although I'll have to wait and see on the times before deciding.......:hyper2:

EMM this morning and wait times are 25m for SDMT at 8:10a. Seems pretty high for EMM. Anyone go this morning and can report back? Now at 8:20a wait time is 60m! Last year when we did EMM SDMT was practically a walk-on the entire event and maybe a 10 minute wait towards the end.

EMM this morning and wait times are 25m for SDMT at 8:10a. Seems pretty high for EMM. Anyone go this morning and can report back? Now at 8:20a wait time is 60m! Last year when we did EMM SDMT was practically a walk-on the entire event and maybe a 10 minute wait towards the end.
That’s ridiculous. As I said before, when guests are paying so much for every minute they need to keep the numbers low enough that every ride is a walk on.

According to Disney, today is EMH not EMM which is open and free to alot of resorts. EMM is usually much better wait times because it's a paid for event. I had to check after reading your post- couldn't believe it would have gotten that busy until I saw numerous rides outside of FL open and then realized it was Extra Magic Hours not Early Morning Magic.

According to Disney, today is EMH not EMM which is open and free to alot of resorts. EMM is usually much better wait times because it's a paid for event. I had to check after reading your post- couldn't believe it would have gotten that busy until I saw numerous rides outside of FL open and then realized it was Extra Magic Hours not Early Morning Magic.
Oh good to know...I was about to write off EMM.

Also, EMM is usually on Sundays and Wednesdays at MK from 7:45-9am. EMH is usually on Fridays this month and only one hour prior to normal park opening so 8-9am.

It's expensive but the low wait times are worth it for us. And I've never had a problem with CMs honoring a FP for any rides that are down during the event.
We did it once and loved it, but it was back when they first started. Reports have been saying that there are 15-20 min waits for some rides now. They are clearly selling a lot more tickets (and the breakfast has gone downhill and the prices have gone way up) so I’m afraid we’d be disappointed. If all the rides were walk ons and working, I would still pay the increased price and deal with the poor breakfast experience. But I have no interest in it if we have to wait 15 minutes to ride 7D.
They really need to limit the tickets.

We did it once and loved it, but it was back when they first started. Reports have been saying that there are 15-20 min waits for some rides now. They are clearly selling a lot more tickets (and the breakfast has gone downhill and the prices have gone way up) so I’m afraid we’d be disappointed. If all the rides were walk ons and working, I would still pay the increased price and deal with the poor breakfast experience. But I have no interest in it if we have to wait 15 minutes to ride 7D.
They really need to limit the tickets.
We did it prior to the expansion and loved it. I love having more rides but agree ride waits were longer this last visit and breakfast was definitely cafeteria style. I think for those who have a week at WDW they could easily get FPP for SDMT and PP and other smaller rides never have too long of a wait and FPP are easy to pick up. I'm following and keeping my options open. I mean at this point Sleepy Hollow nutella waffle breakfast and FPP for all the rides in EMM are looking pretty good! 😋It is a really fun way to start our vacay, but the price increase for 1.5 hours and it more expensive than MNSSHP made me pause. We'll see!

Oh my goodness! Yes!!! So sorry for the mistake!!!!

Has Mine Train been operating normally during recent EMM? That's our main reason for booking and I'm still debating for our trip in a couple weeks...

Some news from Disney regarding DAH, VAH, and Early Morning Magic events during the current coronovirus park closure. For EMM, this includes events 3/22, 3/26, & 3/29.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/
Guests who have purchased tickets for Disney After Hours, Disney Villains After Hours and Disney Early Morning Magic from March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 will be automatically refunded.

Must have been a pretty interesting/surreal EMM this morning. No way to know without reports, but I am going to ‘guess’ it was lightly attended.

Im curious if they're going to continue posting EMM dates on a rolling basis or if they'll be in a holding pattern for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter