MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I guess that's decent compensation, but it can throw a monkey wrench in your day depending on what you had planned. Not to mention I'm sure it meant the other rides were quite crowded during EMM as I'm guessing 7DMT usually sucks up the most people.

Advance apologies to anyone else going on 3/26 as this is just the kind of thing that always happens to me :eeyore:...

Would RD for Speedway followed by Dumbo and breakfast around 930 be a good plan? Would dumbo have a long wait after getting off speedway?

I think those would be pretty good options to do with lower wait times (certainly lower than they will see later in the day) ... Not sure you could get to both and be done with both and to breakfast wihin 30 mins (jsut the speedway takes a little while, then back up into storybook circus and then back down to Cosmic Rays, but still certianly doable prior to the end of breakfast time

Mine train down this morning 3/3
Last day of the special characters
I did get photos with them all with a bit of work

I’m so sorry. That’s very disappointing. This is the main reason most of us book this event. It would definitely throw off the rest of my day even if they allow two hours of riding later.
How crowded was the event?

I’m so sorry. That’s very disappointing. This is the main reason most of us book this event. It would definitely throw off the rest of my day even if they allow two hours of riding later.
How crowded was the event?
Not bad in my opinion. We didn’t wait more than 5 min for any ride and with mine train being out I thought that was not bad

No wait at breakfast either

We did EMM today and having Mine Train down the whole time (and still being down when we left around 11:30am) really messed with our plans! It would’ve been okay but my daughter was SO excited for her first Mine Train ride - she has been watching POV videos on YouTube for weeks - it really threw her off (she’s only 6). The lines for Pooh and PPF were fine, but we waited almost 20 minutes to see Cindy and Elena, which really ate up a ton of our time. My daughter was also so upset because she wanted to meet the mice and every time they stopped we would try to meet them and there was a CM barking at us to stop making a line. My kid was super upset about it, not understanding why the mice wouldn’t meet with her.

So, not a good morning for us at all.

We stuck around until 10:30 and they weren’t even testing Mine Train. My daughter was DONE and just wanted to go back to the condo to swim. So I talked with a great CM explaining everything and she gave us a FP for mine train to be used anytime on Friday, our other MK day. I’m still disappointed in the value of this and how it impacted our day, but I did appreciate the CM understanding that we couldn’t wait around all day waiting for mine train to come back online.

We did EMM today and having Mine Train down the whole time (and still being down when we left around 11:30am) really messed with our plans! It would’ve been okay but my daughter was SO excited for her first Mine Train ride - she has been watching POV videos on YouTube for weeks - it really threw her off (she’s only 6). The lines for Pooh and PPF were fine, but we waited almost 20 minutes to see Cindy and Elena, which really ate up a ton of our time. My daughter was also so upset because she wanted to meet the mice and every time they stopped we would try to meet them and there was a CM barking at us to stop making a line. My kid was super upset about it, not understanding why the mice wouldn’t meet with her.

So, not a good morning for us at all.

We stuck around until 10:30 and they weren’t even testing Mine Train. My daughter was DONE and just wanted to go back to the condo to swim. So I talked with a great CM explaining everything and she gave us a FP for mine train to be used anytime on Friday, our other MK day. I’m still disappointed in the value of this and how it impacted our day, but I did appreciate the CM understanding that we couldn’t wait around all day waiting for mine train to come back online.
That all really stinks. I guess at least you'll get to ride once. The part that particularly annoys me is your kids not being able to meet the mice and the CMs not allowing them to "form a line". Then how were they supposed to meet them? I know people in general say they don't like that all of the characters have official meet and greets, and don't roam, so you have to use FPs or wait in line, but this is why. At least then you know you will be able to see them. Whenever I've seen characters walking around, even DeVine or ones like that, it seems like some people are able to see them and get photos, but I have no idea how, because IME their handlers are always busy reprimanding everyone around for getting too close, stopping too close, forming a line, etc. I'm thankful that when I was little my parents never had us see characters, I don't recall ever even knowing that was a thing, and now I kind of passed that on to my kids (who are also all boys, so that probably helps) so we occasionally will do meet and greets but in general don't (except for character meals).

Exactly
Everyone wants the DL way where characters just roam but for meeting them that sucks! You have to be in the right position at the right time so you are the only one around when they pick where to stop. So pretty impossible. That’s why I said I managed to meet them all but it took work. I’ll take a line thank you very much. At least I know what to do with a line
No line works in Cali because no one out there even bothers with characters majority of the time

Wow. I wonder why 7DMT is down so frequently in recent days. How disappointing
I wondered the same thing
Then I realized it’s now 6, 7 years old and has never had a refurb or closure that I can remember. I think they are running it too hard. It needs some TLC. Maybe?

Personally I don’t think enchanted tales with belle is a good use of time at 9. I was able to get a FP for it at day 60+1 (my MK day) so it shouldn’t be that difficult to get. When are going to MK? I’d try for the FP for it first. It just seems like a big time suck at 9 am

Thanks for commenting. We're going on Thurs 3/26. Already booked our 3 FP on other rides. From what I'm reading lines for enchanted tales are super long during the day and FP is hard to snag same day. That's why I was thinking to do this right at 9am then head to breakfast. I think speedway is easier to grab a same day FP than enchanted tales?

Thanks

From everything I'm reading, it sounds like EMM is not worth the price if 7DMT is not running. Don't think too many people would pay for this if they knew 7DMT would be down. True?

Miz

From everything I'm reading, it sounds like EMM is not worth the price if 7DMT is not running. Don't think too many people would pay for this if they knew 7DMT would be down. True?

Miz
I would agree. If I knew it would be down I would absolutely not book. Not worth the crazy price. Not knowing makes me hesitant to book for our trip.

I would agree. If I knew it would be down I would absolutely not book. Not worth the crazy price. Not knowing makes me hesitant to book for our trip.
I’m booked for July. I’m going to keep an eye on it and then possibly cancel if it keeps on going down.

And 2 hours of unlimited rides on 7DMT is a nice makeup gesture but it sure would screw up any plans I had. My goal is to be done with FantasyLand after EMM
Exactly. The reason I would book is because I want to do those rides before the park opens so I can continue my plans elsewhere after the park opens. It’s a lot of money for things not to work perfectly as planned.

Exactly. The reason I would book is because I want to do those rides before the park opens so I can continue my plans elsewhere after the park opens. It’s a lot of money for things not to work perfectly as planned.
For sure. We plan on hopping to another park after EMM. I do have 2 other days planned for MK, so I think I’m going to make sure to get a 7DMT FP for one of those days at least

For sure. We plan on hopping to another park after EMM. I do have 2 other days planned for MK, so I think I’m going to make sure to get a 7DMT FP for one of those days at least
That’s a good idea. We are planning on a 4 day magic ticket. Which means only one day in each park, and the reason I wanted to book this event. (Plus it was a highlight last time and the kids still talk about riding 7D 8 times in a row!) So it would really mess up our day and put a major damper on the trip if it was down. It just seems like EMM isn’t what it once was and I’m afraid I’ll end up being disappointed. It’s sad to hear that people are waiting in 15-20 min lines. Rides should be walk-ons given the time constraint and the price.

Does anyone know how these wait times would compare to the wait times at the after hours events? Maybe even though that's more expensive it's a better value?? Plus it's 3 hours vs. an hour and 15 minutes?

Does anyone know how these wait times would compare to the wait times at the after hours events? Maybe even though that's more expensive it's a better value?? Plus it's 3 hours vs. an hour and 15 minutes?
The after hours is usually shorter because there are a lot more rides

I heard Villains After Hours is pretty crowded. I was debating about booking one though but I’m just not sure that my 4 year old would be able to stay up to 1 am

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter