• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Midway City to Disneyland

HausofDisney

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We are considering staying at an Airbnb (for many reasons) in Midway City (southwest of DL park).

Anyone familiar with the area, how long will it generally take us to get to the Disneyland parking garages and then from the garages to the park? We also might park at a nearby hotel and walk to the park because I’ve seen that recommended as well.

Mainly curious about the drive from Midway City.

We are a group of adults and would like to rope drop.

Thank you for your time.

Um, I would NOT recommend that at all. That's nowhere near Disneyland. It's a good 30 minute drive with no traffic. It's also an iffy area, safety wise.

But if you insist, plan for 90 minutes from the time you leave your house until you are standing in front of the gates. So, for rope drop at 8am, leave the house by 6:30.

use Google maps Directions (blue diamond with arrow) put in your start and end. you can get typical travel times if you add a departure or arrival time.

From there I’d park in the Toy Story lot so you have the option of the shuttles or walking to the parks.
I’d be leaving at least an hour to 90 mins before park opening to make rope drop.

Hello,

We are considering staying at an Airbnb (for many reasons) in Midway City (southwest of DL park).

Anyone familiar with the area, how long will it generally take us to get to the Disneyland parking garages and then from the garages to the park? We also might park at a nearby hotel and walk to the park because I’ve seen that recommended as well.
What hotel are you considering parking at? Most do not allow parking unless you are staying there. You might consider parking at Garden Walk, but it is 15-20 min walk from there to the gates.

Midway City really isn't that close to Anaheim and depending on where you're from, might not feel terribly safe (it's not the worst, but it's not exactly what a lot of travelers picture when they think of Orange County and L.A.). With traffic, it's going to be a long drive. There used to be some weird regulations on Airbnb stuff close to Disneyland. I'm not sure if they're still in effect, but if so, it'll be hard to find anything close. The Clementine is a decent close by option if you're looking for something more like an apartment, but of course it'll be more expensive. Might be worth it not to have to drive though.

I'm familiar with the hotel parking you mentioned. But I will caution that the hotel parking fills up fast, so it's not a guarantee. If you're planning to park there, you might as well park at GardenWalk, which always has parking.

I don't know anything about Midway City, but if you need an air bnb rec close to Disney (less than a mile), I'm happy to share the place we stayed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter