Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Central 2004!!!!!! =0)

Did anyone see Lilo and Stitch and if so what were they dressed up as? If anyone can answer this you will be making a BIG L&S fan EXTREMELY happy!:Pinkbounc :hyper: :Pinkbounc :teeth: :yo-yo:

Are the characters the same for each party or do they change? (Ex.: Will snow white & 7 dwarfs be there for each party) Awesome pic by the way! Post some more if you can!

The railroad doesn't run during MNSSHP.

We saw Stitch in Tomorrowland during the 6-7pm "lockdown". No Lilo at the time though. Stitch wasn't dressed up.

I think you may find the characters may change a bit, but you should be able to find plenty of rare ones.

The railroad doesn't run during MNSSHP.

We saw Stitch in Tomorrowland during the 6-7pm "lockdown". No Lilo at the time though. Stitch wasn't dressed up.

I think you may find the characters may change a bit, but you should be able to find plenty of rare ones.

The boys are swimming and I am here at the Dolphin with my napping 2yr old. We are going to eat at CP at 5:35 and then off to The party! Our room has a view of Epcot so maybe one night we will see the fireworks from here.
Had a quick flight in and Tiffanytowncar picked us up with a stop at the store for some snacks. Haven't got to look around because I wanted to make sure we got the nap in that a lot of post said to do. I am sure I will appreciate that later!
I will try to post updates and info if I can. Anything anyone want me to lok out for?

:earsgirl: :earsboy: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

We have tickets for the 10/31 edition of MNSSHP. I know it says 7PM start, but I am getting the impression they don't hold to it. What time can you really get into the park? We are on property and will be spending the earlier part of the day at AK.

Thanks....

---Paul in Southern NJ

We saw Stitch in Tomorrowland during the 6-7pm "lockdown".
We were there as well and there was no "lockdown". My son and I ate and then walked around the park for a half-hour. We passed by the Jungle Cruise around 6:45 and the girl standing out front asked if we wanted to ride because they were ready to go. We said yes and since we were the only people on the boat they let my son drive for our cruise.

When does the park close for the evening at the end of MNSSHP (when do they make everyone at the party leave)? I'm surprised this information is not on the Disney site.

We're going 10/12!

Do you know if Columbia Harbour House was open at all during MNSSHP? We were thinking of going there for dinner, but if it is going to be closed, then we might have to decide on some place else.

Originally posted by Moosysmom
Because of the hurricanes, you cannot get the AP pin, but have to order it. They do have the pins for the party which like MVMCP are a different pin every nite.
If I think of anything else I'll let you all know.
Lynn

Where do you get the pins? is there a specific location for them?

But I thought I read earlier that anyone who wants to trick or treat needs to pick up a bag. Is this true? My wife was looking for the kid's pumpkins last night to take with us. If we can get bags for them at MK, that would be one less thing to pack.

TIA

Originally posted by Butch50
But I thought I read earlier that anyone who wants to trick or treat needs to pick up a bag. Is this true? My wife was looking for the kid's pumpkins last night to take with us. If we can get bags for them at MK, that would be one less thing to pack.

TIA
you get handed bags as you go through the gates. Last year they were bright orange and black. Adults get them as well as the kids!

I have heard that they are giving away really good candy.... what is it?

Counting the days....

--Paul in Southern NJ

Hi guys just a quick question here, my trip is coming up fast, we are planning on going to the MNSSHP on 10/17 but I haven't got my tickets yet, do the earlier nights tend to sell out?? I am worried should I buy them and hold them at will call or do you think I will be ok if we wait and buy them upon arrival??
Thanks
Kim

We just got back from WDW yesterday after riding out Hurricane Jeanne and also attended MNSSHP on Oct 1. I will try to address some of the questions I just read.

You can trick-or-treat with anything you want. We brought our Pooh and Tigger pumpkins from home and they were a big hit because no one else had them. They do still hand out the plastic bags at the turnstiles and at the trick-or-treat stations.

I thought the best candy was near the Magic Carpets just to the right of the Tiki Room - they were giving out full size Snickers. They also had small Twix but they asked what we wanted and we said Snickers every time. M&Ms were across from the Autopia. A Cast Member said there were supposed to be Nestle Toll House cookies somewhere but we never found them.

When coming down main street starting around 530, they were forcing us to go towards Tomorrowland and there were ropes to keep guests out of Toon Town, but the rides in the castle stayed open. The party didn't officially start until 7 PM which meant that's when the candy came out.

Saw a DIS shirt on Autopia just before 7 PM and commented to her. Wondered who she might be on here? :)

The MNSSHP shirts are kind of a denim blue for adults and neon green for kids. They have a big ghost outlined in black spanning across the shirt wearing Mickey ears. In the bottom left corner is a picture of Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald trick-or-treating. The back has a small MNSSHP logo at the top center. The pins are similar with the characters. We bought both in Tomorrowland but they had them all over the park so you don't need to go anywhere in particular. There are also special MNSSHP beanies of the characters.

A great view of the fireworks was from the bridge to Tomorrowland.

I highly recommend all adults dress up too as we got LOTS more candy than we did when we didn't dress up.

Someone asked about paying to park. The current cost is $8 per day. Since we were staying on property I don't know if this will be an issue, but last Dec when we attended MVMCP when staying off site we were charged for parking even though we had our party tickets and annual passes. If you arrive before the park officially closes, an AP should still cover parking but since we arrived last Dec after 6 we were charged.

::MickeyMo

October 1st

What a great time we had at the 1st
Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party

We took the Grand Floridian monorail to the Magic Kingdom

We were able to walk right up and enter

We walked over to the Crystal Palace Restaurant and then
to the Liberty Tree Restaurant before going to the ride`s

We were able to walk right into the Haunted Mansion,
Pirates of the Caribbeen, Peter Pans Flight, Pooh

Then we watched the Eight O`Clock (8 PM)
Halloween Parade - in front of Peco Bills

Almost all of Peco Bills staff came out on the porch
to watch the parade too

Several restaurants and fast food area were not open

At 9:15 PM - a Special Halloween Fireworks went off
behind the Castle - It was by far the best fireworks
we have seen.. Really nice and it lasted a long time

We then went over to ride The People Mover and later
set out by Main Street - What a great time we had.

We had a snack at Cosmic Rays
Chicken Tenders, Fries, Ice Cream and Soda
We used the Disney Quick and Casual Vouchers

We purchased a Special 1st Night Disney Halloween Pin
They sell a Collector`s Set of all 13 pins framed for $200

They took our family photo with a halloween background
and they are going to mail it directly to our house

Everyone received trick or treat bags and candy

It was not crowded but I am sure as it gets closer
To Halloween - October 31st more people will attend..
It is really worth the price and it is much nicer and
cooler to go to the parks after hours from 7 til midnight.

We rode the boat back from the Magic Kingdom to The GF

The hardest part was getting to bed so late 1 AM

Lucky and Pooh

::MinnieMo

All of this information is fantastic for planning my evening at MNSSHP on October 29th. Thanks for all the great tips!

I was especially interested in the details about the types of treats they are handing out and the special things to see that evening. Can anyone who has gone give more details about where the treat stations are and what they were giving out? Did anyone get those Nestle Tollhouse cookies Poohj80 mentioned?

Were any of the attractions decorated specially for Halloween or is there anything special to look for in terms of the decorations or anything unique to the occasion?

Thanks!

We didn't focus much on the candy, because there were lines for the candy but no lines for the rides! So we focused on the rides and rode everything at least once and several things a few times. But here is the candy we received - Milky Way, Starbursts, hard candy, Butterfinger, Hershey's Kisses, peanut M&M's.

You receive a brochure with all the details when you enter the park. It has a map of all the candy stations, and each station can easily be located by looking for a large green balloon type thing (with some sort of Halloween thing on it). One of the drawbacks in Toon Town was that you had to stand in a long line for a photo op with one of the characters in order to get the candy, so we didn't do that.

I had heard that they start giving out lots more candy close to closing time, and that turned out to be true for us. They were told to get rid of it and tried to give people entire bags of candy. The best candy we got was in Tomorrowland. We did not see any Tollhouse cookies anywhere, but we really didn't look for every single candy station.

There are Halloween decorations scattered throughout. There's a large inflated spider and Stitch in Tomorrowland.

The fireworks were fabulous, and we had a great location right in front of the Liberty boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter