Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

:mickeyjumJust bought our tickets for the 29th. This will be our 5th year for our family to attend the Halloween party. So excited! We had hoped to go to a September party this year but my husband and I both had thing in flux at work and had to wait till today to have days off confirmed and with all the Friday parties sold out decided to go for Monday the 29th. Now to get costume nailed down, one year we did incredibles, one year toy story, one year Star Wars and last year scooby doo. I’m leaning towards Phineas and Ferb family.
I’ll be at that party to!! It’s my 4th year of going to the Halloween parties.

... Do DAS and wheelchair return times operate during MHP?..

As far as I know, DAS does not operate at MHP. And you're right about most of the lines being fairly short -- I've never had to ask for a return time at a party. But DAS should work during the party's early entry hours.

Agree Disney customer service is pretty bad...

I disagree about this. On the surface, Disney customer service can appear to be a monolith of strict rules and regulations. And, of course, any large company can have their fair share of bad apple CS employees (and that includes all the airlines, too). But once you pursue your case further with Disney, there are CMs behind the scenes who are very willing to take the time to work with you one on one to find a workable solution to your problem. We've had some very compassionate CMs work with us to the point of back and forth phone calls over a week, personal letters, refunds on non-refundable tickets, and follow up phone calls (which were not obligatory or mandatory in any way) to find out how we were doing. I would like to think that Disney customer service would be much more open on the surface if Disney as a company weren't such a target for so many scams and frauds.

Last edited:
As far as I know, DAS does not operate at MHP. And you're right about most of the lines being fairly short -- I've never had to ask for a return time at a party. But DAS should work during the party's early entry hours.

DAS does not operate at MHP, unless something changed since 2016, and I am sure we would have heard if it did.

I disagree about this. On the surface, Disney customer service can appear to be a monolith of strict rules and regulations. And, of course, any large company can have their fair share of bad apple CS employees (and that includes all the airlines, too). But once you pursue your case further with Disney, there are CMs behind the scenes who are very willing to take the time to work with you one on one to find a workable solution to your problem. We've had some very compassionate CMs work with us to the point of back and forth phone calls over a week, personal letters, refunds on non-refundable tickets, and follow up phone calls (which were not obligatory or mandatory in any way) to find out how we were doing. I would like to think that Disney customer service would be much more open on the surface if Disney as a company weren't such a target for so many scams and frauds.

Agreed with your disagreement. I had a few bouts with what Disneyland Paris calls "customer service". That's what I call the exception to this rule. ;) US customer service has been the complete opposite, most CMs there have been going above and beyond the call of duty to help. For example I was really looking for Donald Duck during the Anniversary year. Badly. Never found him. Paris would have shrugged at me and left me standing at the counter at Guest Services. In Disneyland a very nice CM at City Hall caught on I was from Germany, would likely not be returning before the Anniversary ended and had been chasing after Donald for 2 weeks. She really tried to move the earth so I could meet him. Her devotion was incredible.

Does anyone know if I get to the first Halloween parade just before it ends, will I be able to get a good spot on the street for the fireworks?

has anyone been to the AP Corner for the buttons? There is one out right now (with Oogie Boogie I believe) but no one has posted photos.

Does anyone know if I get to the first Halloween parade just before it ends, will I be able to get a good spot on the street for the fireworks?

I've always thought that if you want to be in between the trees and the castle, you have to be there for the first parade and then move into position. Do they have Main St. interacting with the fireworks? I have done the first parade at the end of Main. St. then moved into the middle of Main St. when the parade is over. If you are in front of the trees, you can't see all the cool stuff on Main St. If you are on Main St., you can't see all the details on the castle.

has anyone been to the AP Corner for the buttons? There is one out right now (with Oogie Boogie I believe) but no one has posted photos.

Yes, they released the Oogie Boogie button on the 7th:

upload_2018-9-17_7-54-6.jpeg
They will continue giving it away until they run out, and each Monday they’ll release a new AP button. A week ago it was a small purple button with AP on it. They haven’t released what this week’s new button is, but we’ll find out today I’m sure. :-)

Someone posted a link showing the Halloween pins. The AP one is Jack in front of a window with Oogie silhouetted behind him. I'm so jealous of AP's right now, it looks really cool.

Edit: I think I misunderstood, and now I'm even more jealous. Those are cool buttons!

Disney has announced that the Cauldron popcorn bucket will be available starting this Wednesday (9/19). It was just posted on the Disneyland Halloween food & snack page at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/halloween-food-beverage/

Also, per the Disneyland AP passholders Facebook page, the new AP pin (replacing the purple one from last week) being given out at DCA is black with "AP" in orange.

Last edited:
So my only disappointment with the Halloween party last year was totally my fault, and I don't want to repeat :) I purposefully pulled up pics from the boards for reference to make sure we would be able to see the orb for fireworks, and in a reference pic a turret was circled and I was under the impression if we could see the turret we would see the orb...when in fact we had great parade seating but really could not have been worse for fireworks. haha. If I remember correctly we were (if facing the castle) on the right in between plaza inn and astro orbitor, on the outside curve. There was a ginormous tree in the way. It was still awesome, but providing the fireworks are the same, what landmarks do I need to look for to make sure the orb will be in view? Thanks!!

Yes, they released the Oogie Boogie button on the 7th:

They will continue giving it away until they run out, and each Monday they’ll release a new AP button. A week ago it was a small purple button with AP on it. They haven’t released what this week’s new button is, but we’ll find out today I’m sure. :-)
I read on a AP Facebook page they ran out of the Oogie Boogie pins

So my only disappointment with the Halloween party last year was totally my fault, and I don't want to repeat :) I purposefully pulled up pics from the boards for reference to make sure we would be able to see the orb for fireworks, and in a reference pic a turret was circled and I was under the impression if we could see the turret we would see the orb...when in fact we had great parade seating but really could not have been worse for fireworks. haha. If I remember correctly we were (if facing the castle) on the right in between plaza inn and astro orbitor, on the outside curve. There was a ginormous tree in the way. It was still awesome, but providing the fireworks are the same, what landmarks do I need to look for to make sure the orb will be in view? Thanks!!
You will need to have a clear view of the upper left side of the castle to see the orb. As you learned last year, make sure that there aren't any large trees obstructing your view. Walk around early during the party to see where you (personally -- based on your height and any details with your costume, like hats or complicated wigs) can get a clear view. Then aim to be in that area for fireworks viewing.

Agree completely. I have had pretty serious issues regarding both airlines and Disney that required higher level customer service support. The Disney issue was resolved within 24 hours strictly through email communication.

The airline issue was never satisfactorily resolved after multiple phone calls. Neither issue was of my own making.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter