Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Sorry, a bit of confusion. In past years, there were three spots (left, center, and right when looking at the trains station from the flag pole), which all feed from the same line (guests lined up and meet all three villains - one at a time). Last year, they changed it and there were only two Villain meet and greet locations, one on the left and one on the right of the train station stairs (see the red back drops in the photo below). Two villains met guests at the same time; one at each station (e.g., Gaston was on the left and the Evil Queen was on the right). Each location had its own line. So what I was meaning was that if Maleficent does come out, you'll need to know if she's going to the spot on the left or the right because you want to make sure you're in the correct line. (Now all that being said, it's possible that they'll change the set-up again this year.)

Got it thanks for clarifying! Appreciate all the advice.

I'm going to be a Haunted Mansion Maid..or Ghost Host. I'm doing more of a bounding outfit. I have a black dress, and the HM apron I will wear. I also have the green and black Haunted Mansion socks.

Awesome! I'm also doing a Haunted Mansion costume. I just bought the new HM ears with the gargoyle on eBay and am making a skirt using a replica of the green and black stripe fabric from the maid uniforms. It'll hopefully end up looking like Minnie as a HM maid.

Wish I could sew! Lol I may have to get a different dress. The one I have looks awkward with the apron over it. Maybe I’ll look into the skirt option! I’m trying to be creative but comfortable since I know I’ll be doing rides at the party.

Last edited:
Wish I could sew! Lol I may have to get a different dress. The one I have looks awkward with the apron over it. Maybe I’ll look into the skirt option! I’m trying to be creative but comfortable since I know I’ll be doing rides at the party.

Comfort and keeping cool has always been key for my costumes. I've gone to MNSSHP at WDW twice and it's always so hot and humid. I love doing skirts or lightweight dresses with bike shorts or leggings underneath. But I know I may need to consider a cardigan or other layering piece depending on the Anaheim weather.

Last edited:

So excited to see the Halloween treats out! Those pumpkin funnel cake fries are calling my name, and my daughter's going to be excited about way too many of them!! I wonder which ones we'll pick! :)

Those treats look amazing. I’ll definitely have to pack vegan Halloween treats because I’m going to be so jealous surrounded by all of that awesome seasonal food I can’t eat!

Just got the green light to book the party on 9/21. It’ll be my first MHP and my boyfriend’s first visit to DLR, tacked onto a west coast work trip. I’d been stalking that party for a few days since this year has been selling out faster than 2017, but phew, got to book it in time!

The one thing that I miss during the parties is when the villians all came out at the end to kick everyone out of the park with a little song and dance at the train station. So fun! They stopped doing that when they added them in the parade a couple years back.

I'll have to find time to post pictures of our costumes! I made everyones costume and am pretty proud of how they turned out! :) So fun getting to dress up at the parties!

Does anyone think we really need Max Pass if we have 4 day Hoppers plus tix to the Halloween party? We are going Saturday the 6th through Wednesday the 10th and attending the party on the 9th.We plan on opening and closing the parks everyday except Tuesday morning. I would love to try it but there are 9 of us so one day of MP is $90!

Does anyone think we really need Max Pass if we have 4 day Hoppers plus tix to the Halloween party? We are going Saturday the 6th through Wednesday the 10th and attending the party on the 9th.We plan on opening and closing the parks everyday except Tuesday morning. I would love to try it but there are 9 of us so one day of MP is $90!
For nine people it does add up fast.
If you don't do it every day, you might consider $90 for busy days or days with longer hours.
$10 for one to MP each day would get you PhotoPass, which is really worth the $10/day

Geemo

So excited to see the Halloween treats out! Those pumpkin funnel cake fries are calling my name, and my daughter's going to be excited about way too many of them!! I wonder which ones we'll pick! :)

Hope your DD is into sharing treats -- that's how DH and I get to try twice as many things in the parks! Sharing is caring!

The one thing that I miss during the parties is when the villians all came out at the end to kick everyone out of the park with a little song and dance at the train station. So fun! They stopped doing that when they added them in the parade a couple years back...

They did this at the train station last year before the end of the party. We watched the villains and Mickey, Minnie, and friends dance and sing on the train station "stage" and stairs before waving everyone out. It doesn't happen at the very, very end of the party -- maybe 10-15 minutes before the end?

The one thing that I miss during the parties is when the villians all came out at the end to kick everyone out of the park with a little song and dance at the train station. So fun! They stopped doing that when they added them in the parade a couple years back.
They did have the "Good Bye" show on the train station last year when I went. Based on my photos, it looks like they came out a little before the end of the party (about 5 minutes or so) and the bulk of the show occurred just as the party ended. I couldn't find any photos from 2016 in my archive, but I did find some from 2015. So maybe they did put the show on hiatus for one year and then brought it back. Anyway, last year the show had villains, Mickey & Friends, and Toy Story characters. It was a cute way to end the evening.

Since you have park hoppers, you could maybe do maxpass for one day and get out all the big rides done on that day plus get all the photos for those rides. Otherwise, if you plan accordingly and get the regular fastpasses at the beginning of the day for the hugely popular rides, you probably don’t need maxpass. If you want photos, I would suggest getting maxpass for at least 1 person per day because $10 is a bargain for pictures at Disney.

Hope your DD is into sharing treats -- that's how DH and I get to try twice as many things in the parks! Sharing is caring!

Oh, we will be sharing everything! We eat very little sugar most of the time at home, so the trick is to taste as many things as possible without eating so much junk that we make ourselves sick! ;-)

Since you have park hoppers, you could maybe do maxpass for one day and get out all the big rides done on that day plus get all the photos for those rides. Otherwise, if you plan accordingly and get the regular fastpasses at the beginning of the day for the hugely popular rides, you probably don’t need maxpass. If you want photos, I would suggest getting maxpass for at least 1 person per day because $10 is a bargain for pictures at Disney.

That's a great idea to get 1 to get the photos! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter