Mickey's 90th

I would've watched this but not one of the listed acts interested me in the slightest. I would rather see Disney affiliated artists. I'm sure there were some special guest stars and all, but I figured I can catch that later.

Guess I was in the minority that didn't really care for it. Sure it was nice seeing Mickey and Minnie on stage, and LOVED that they brought out two of the original Mouseketeers, but other than that it fell flat for me. I was hoping that I would see more on the evolution of Mickey; his appearance in cartoons, public love for him, etc. I could have done with fewer musical acts for sure.

Well it wasn’t quite as terrible as I was expecting it to be (as all of Disney’s celebratory tv specials have been in the past several years), but still pretty meh. As usual, heavy on pointless musical numbers and light on real content. Like maybe actually SHOW a few of those classic cartoons you flashed across the screen since kids today (and probably a lot of adults even) have most likely never even seen any of them.

I did enjoy watching Mickey dance and play the drums.

The thing with Mickey and Minnie was cute, but...out of Disney’s entire library of love songs, they choose to celebrate 90 years of Mickey and Minnie’s romance with...Colors of the Wind? Really? Okay then.

Also disapppinted that they were too cheap to make a real cake, or one that was sculpted to look real and not just a CGI image of one on a screen. But I supppse I shouldn’t be surprised, since Disney does love its screens nowadays.

I remember Donald’s 50th birthday special in 1984 hosted by Dick Van Dyke. We taped it and I still watched it for years afterward.

I DVR'd it and I'm just now sitting down to watch it. I thought the performance of "Part of That World" was pretty bad but the drum battle was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter