Mickey pretzels

dachsie

DIS Veteran
Ok, I am embarrassed to admit this, but I have never had a Mickey Pretzel. Where is your favorite place to get one?

I've had them at the bar by the pool at Bay Lake, along with a pina colada, best lunch ever!

About an hour before the parade (obviously in pre-COVID times) my standard practice was to get a Mickey Pretzel and a nice cold bottle of Sprite from the stand in Frontierland and then find a shaded spot along the rope line to claim a front row viewing spot for the parade and camp out there while eating my nice snack.

I personally have had 2 and would never get another one. There's very little salt, and as far as I can tell, no butter. They're dry and tasteless.

Now the waffles are a different story.

I personally have had 2 and would never get another one. There's very little salt, and as far as I can tell, no butter. They're dry and tasteless.

Now the waffles are a different story.
I haven't personally verified this yet but, unfortunately, there are a fair number of people who've reported a significant drop in the quality of Mickey waffles recently: Mickey waffles are bad now

My husband is addicted ..
I was constantly on the MDE searching pretzel.
Mk across from the mine train was the one I remember the best, that was pre covid and a lot of those little stands are closed now.

I have gotten the Mickey pretzels with cheese dipping sauce at Isle of Java in Animal Kingdom. Good stuff!

This! My biggest snack disappointment to date has been the dry and tasteless pretzels!

Pretzels are one of our regular stops - below is not a complete list but is where we usually find them.
MK - lunching pad (though according to touringplans refurb site, they are currently closed)
HS - cart in the courtyard where RnR Coaster is located (normally has cream cheese pretzels which are great), as well as a cart just to the left as you're looking at MMRR.
EP - cart kinda between Test Track and Mission Space
AK - outside of Adventurer's Outpost

Good luck, I hope you find one!

Are the pretzels in Germany better to get?

I've only had the pretzel from Germany once, but I found that the "skin" was a lot more solid, almost shell-like, so that it broke apart more than just pulling apart, if that makes sense, and it was tougher to bite into. It could have been that I just got it on a bad day or it could be that that's just part of the difference between a Bavarian pretzel and a "regular" soft pretzel since that was the only time I've had one? I'm not sure, but my preference is definitely for the regular soft pretzel compared to my experience with the one in Germany that day.

Yea, the pretzel from the cart in Germany, was awful! Tough, dry and tasteless. I asked the vendor if I could return the pretzel and he told me exchanges only! Got another tough, dry and tasteless pretzel🤷🏼‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter