• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey light post directions

i built mine out of 3" pvc and used a 3" by 4" reducer and clear silconed the globes to the reducer so the reducer and the globes are one piece and the bulb is in the post.

Do you have a picture you could post?
:thanks:

I have seen a few with a color changing light inside. Does anyone know if it is just a bulb or what?!:confused3

I think I've seen the color changing bulbs, so that's probably what it was.

I'd still like to know if it would be a good idea or not to coat the inside of the globes with lime green paint :confused3

My sis in law did some clear Christmas ornaments with some kind paint a couple years ago. She put some red, green and white in and shook them up. It looked really cool. I'll see what she used. I like the paint inside the bulb idea. I guess a light green bulb would work as well.

Here is a picture of ours......Not a great pic, but best I can do right now. I will try to post a better one later.
FW2.jpg

I made one a little different -

MM%20head.gif

I have a green party light inside. It's really not setup for outside so for now it will sit on the dash of the motorhome, when we are parked.

I haven't ordered from these guys, but here is an internet source for globes of all sizes, They also have clear.

replacementlighting.com

Bradisgoofy, I'd love to see the photo of yours, but all I can get is the top part of the ears! I like your green bulb idea too.

Never mind - now that I posted a reply, I'm getting more of your photo in. Kept refreshing the page and finally got it all. Really like it!

Bradisgoofy, I'd love to see the photo of yours, but all I can get is the top part of the ears! I like your green bulb idea too.

Never mind - now that I posted a reply, I'm getting more of your photo in. Kept refreshing the page and finally got it all. Really like it!
Thanks. I'm not using photobucket, I'm using my own website to host the picture so it may be a little slow.

I'm thinking that one of you electrically superior disboarders should make and sell them at a tidy profit. ;) I know I'd pay for one...! I've tried to get the hubby to look at this a couple of times..and he thinks I'm nuts..so I guess I'm on my own..and so far I appear to be electrically challenged!:scared1:

I agree with you auntie----maybe ebay would be in someone's future? I would buy one too:) DH just rolls his eyes!

I'm glad I'm not the only one...I could use one for the yard and I'd love one for our seasonal campsite also! Don't see this happening any time soon.:sad2:

I haven't ordered from these guys, but here is an internet source for globes of all sizes, They also have clear.

replacementlighting.com

I just received my order from these guys. I placed the order on 3/17, the globes were at my house when I got home today.

We travel with another family and spent Spring Break together planning our July Fort Wilderness trip. We had a great time making our Mickey Lamp posts at our campsite. It was great fun. I forgot the directions at home but we went to Lowe's, bought what I remembered from the list and by evening we had a Mickey Glow. Of course we had many comments and many smiling kids.

What are you using to store the Mickey lamp post top? We made it where it can be removed to store but would like storage tips.

We also painted our satellite dishes. We applied a white primer, painted with rust preventive paint and they turned out great...and the satellites still work;).

I do have some questions... DH is going to make me one!! :yay:

Parts:

1-12 inch and 2 -6 inch plastic globes. (I'm sure glass would work, we just happened to find plastic ones.)

Is there a problem with the glass breaking while cutting the holes for ears?

Globes - small holes were cut in the large globe where 6 inch globes were siliconed on. Did this to let more light shine into "ears'.

How big did you cut the holes? And, how did you measure to make sure they were spaced evenly?

I know this question is for the original poster with directions but I can share what we did.

We bought acrilic globes at Lowe's and used a circular drill bit to cut without problems. On top of the globes, there was a mold marking in the middle of the globe that we used as a center base to measure from. We used a pencil to mark the ear globe openings. The ear globes fit nicely into the openings.

We used a pencil to mark the ear globe openings. The ear globes fit nicely into the openings.

How big did you make the openings? Big enough to fit the whole lip into, or just big enough for the "ear" to rest snugly?

Big enough to fit the whole lip then we applied glue between the lip and globe on the inside. We used a 3/14 inch circular drill bit which made the hole just a little larger than the globe lip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter