• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey Light Base Ideas

The Mickey Lamp completed at our site 1420 today. Notice the Green glow.
20131026_184351.jpg

Great job! I love what you did with it. I have two questions, if you will indulge me.

1) How are you connecting the lamp stand to the base? I am doing a similar thing (using a terra cotta flower base), and am considering placing a 4" length of pipe in cement at the bottom of the base with a collar to receive the rest of the stand. I am not, however, sold on the sturdiness of that design, and I'm wondering if you have a better solution.

2) I like the 'ball' at the end of your flag arm. What did you use to create that?

Thanks!

The Mickey Lamp completed at our site 1420 today. Notice the Green glow.
20131026_184351.jpg

Looks great!

I've been on the lookout for milk jugs for the past few months so I can get one made before our first trip to FW in January. One thought that I had that you may like as well, would be to paint the ball on the end of the light post arm black and add two small black balls (ping pong size?) to make a small Mickey.

I have been inspired by your design. My wife and I were at an auction Sunday and bought our milk jug.

I plan on painting similar to yours.

How did you set the post in the bottom of the jug? Is the entire post permanently set in concrete poured in the base of the jug?

Thanks

Vince

I have been inspired by your design. My wife and I were at an auction Sunday and bought our milk jug.

I plan on painting similar to yours.

How did you set the post in the bottom of the jug? Is the entire post permanently set in concrete poured in the base of the jug?

Thanks

Vince

For now the pole is held in place with decorative white rocks. I ran out of time to permanently secure it before our trip. Soon I plan on using epoxy to bond it at the base and then replace the rocks. I also still have to cut a drain at the bottom. The pipe is not very thick or I would weld it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter