• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey Light Base Ideas

Flametamr

<font color=red>I never thought about doing any ot
This weekend at the Flea market I found an old steel milk can cheap. Going to use it for my base on my Mickey Light I'm building. Looking for pictures of other bases to get paint ideas. Anybody have any pictures ???

This weekend at the Flea market I found an old steel milk can cheap. Going to use it for my base on my Mickey Light I'm building. Looking for pictures of other bases to get paint ideas. Anybody have any pictures ???

I've seen some milk jugs painted in the colors of Mickey Mouse (red, black, yellow) or like Minnie Mouse (red with white polka dots, black, yellow).

Yea I have seen some before but having trouble finding pictures now that I have my jug.

Thanks, I will post before and after pictures later.

I use a standard 5 gallon bucket with a custom slide in mount for my lamp. Rather then painting it since it always gets dinged up when put away (learned from the first attempt) I now have a outdoor friendly cover to hide it away.

I like your idea to use something cool and rustic. Of course my prefrence would be to either sand blast it and paint it a complimenting mototone color, or get creative with the mouses colors. Of course depending on its petina, I one could just hit the whole thing with 2000 grit and clear it as is to preserve the "look" which was what I did for a freinds household light post that had that raw rustic steel/ironworks look to it they wanted to keep.

Here is how the can looks now. Will add my color ideas later.

Here is the original design I want to copy. Also considering a Jack Skellington paint job since we'll be at the Fort during Halloween.

Yea I gotta get busy. I finally have all the parts and have only 64 days left to be done and packed.

Made lots of progress. The light post is done. Picking up the final addition tomorrow and I will post the final pics. I'm excited I have different colors for each mood. Green for Disboards. Orange for Halloween and a color changing bulb for every day. Here are a few pics.

The Mickey Lamp completed at our site 1420 today. Notice the Green glow.
20131026_184351.jpg

That looks very clever Flametamr! My hat's off to you. :worship: Bama Ed

Wow - I love that base!!!

I was just coming on to start searching for this. My wife wants one of these made for Christmas. Can anyone point me in the direction of the basic outline and directions for construction? I know they have to be on here somewhere!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter