Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party-MNSSHP Watch-updated Boo Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pretty much promised the kids that if they were missing trick or treating on Halloween due to our trip that we'd find some way to make it up to them :rotfl2: My oldest will be trying HHN with the hubby & I for the first time this year but we still needed something for the younger ones on Halloween! I'm sure I'll cough up the money regardless, unfortunately.
My son will stay home for football. So we’re doing a girls weekend. We did it in 2019 and had a blast! I brought all 4 of my girls and we went with some friends. Actually it was probably the best trip that I’ve ever had at Disney. We did 2 parties that time.

MNSSHP was never done early. You can enter around 4 but party didnt start until 7 and between 4-7 was the most crowded of park time. So now you enter at 7 park will still be crowded until at least 8:30 when the park starts emptying out. We took a 3 year old and he did fine until midnight. We did a character breakfast in the morning swam for a bit then took a LONG nap

I pretty much promised the kids that if they were missing trick or treating on Halloween due to our trip that we'd find some way to make it up to them :rotfl2: My oldest will be trying HHN with the hubby & I for the first time this year but we still needed something for the younger ones on Halloween! I'm sure I'll cough up the money regardless, unfortunately.

You are gonna have some fun at HHN. We are doing a split vacation in late September. Going to HHN and this DAH party at Disney.

I'm excited for it! My kids will be 15, 12, 10 & 8 at the time of the trip, so they will love it! I don't really understand why they didn't go ahead and give prices with dates. That part is frustrating for the planning side of it.

Too expensive. I remember paying $12 per person for mk after hours when the kids were teens. At least they won't be closing the park earky.

You are gonna have some fun at HHN. We are doing a split vacation in late September. Going to HHN and this DAH party at Disney.
We're doing a split between UO & Disney as well and I can't wait! Halloween is my favorite holiday so this really is a dream trip for me. We haven't been to Disney this time of year since 2016. None of our other trips to date have been able to top that one!

I can finally go to a "halloween" party! Been to christmas party 3 times! I bought a Doug costume to wear last year and it looks like I will be able to in August:) I dont mind the times and no fireworks- most of our party time was fighting the crowds to get a good spot for them

Too expensive. I remember paying $12 per person for mk after hours when the kids were teens. At least they won't be closing the park earky.

Those were the days. I remember riding Splash Mountain 6 or 7 times in a row and crossing the park and doing the same for Space Mountain. At the end of the evening the lines for characters were non-existent.

I'm disappointed it starts so late, as we were actually going to spring to attend MNSSHP this year with our almost 1 year old (with an AP, we usually opt out of extra charge events). Pre-kids, this would be right up our alley as we love rides and the parks late at night.

But, I'm pretty thrilled that MK won't be shutting down 4 days a week for a party this year! Party season is a killer on park touring.

They’re being pretty clear that it’s not a minused MNSSHP it’s a plussed AH. It will be priced as such.

Remember for AH events you literally won’t wait in line for more than a minute or two for anything. No lines for characters, no lines for candy, no lines for rides. The benefit structure is completely different from a party.

They can advertise it but as the PP said, stuff isn't a walk on. We waited 20 to 30 min for space. It was worth it with it dark but I think it always had a line. Pretty sure we waited in line for a decent amount on sdmt too. Sure lines are shorter and some not there but it's still only 3 hours so realpy not a lot of time to do it all.

Been to the Villains After Hours in 2019, that was great! Hope this is similar, with the same very limited capacity and low crowds.

Those were the days. I remember riding Splash Mountain 6 or 7 times in a row and crossing the park and doing the same for Space Mountain. At the end of the evening the lines for characters were non-existent.
I remember parties like this as a kid. I still have fond memories of running full speed from Space Mountain over to Splash Mountain (to which then we rode probably 10x in a row without having to get off the ride) during one of the Christmas parties and grabbing a Mickey bar along the way. As a kid, it was the greatest night of my life!

Last edited:
The best Disney news I've seen in a long time. Now I just need APs, and my Halloween trip will be exactly what I was dreaming of in lockdown Halloween...

I know, right? With the need to book park passes in advance, really hope they tell us the days soon.
We will a know next month when tickets go on sale. Note this is an after hours event and does not require a Disney Park Pass.

Quote: Disney After Hours BOO BASH tickets will grant admission to Magic Kingdom park as early as 7:00 PM without the need for a day park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation, giving you time to enjoy even more fun.

Dave

We will a know next month when tickets go on sale. Note this is an after hours event and does not require a Disney Park Pass.

Quote: Disney After Hours BOO BASH tickets will grant admission to Magic Kingdom park as early as 7:00 PM without the need for a day park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation, giving you time to enjoy even more fun.

Dave

Right, but I want to know the dates so I can plan and adjust my park reservations that week if I want to move things around based on this. I wish they'd at least tell us the dates and then wait for the ticket sale so we could plan and prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter