• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey’s Mix Magic: a review

I just posted in the other thread, but thought I'd share more about our experience here. We made it over to see it last night and really enjoyed the show. We watched from Main St. as well, and it was madness. But we loved it. My favorite song was "I Wanna Be Like You." "Let it Go" definitely elicited eyerolls and groans from my kids, but at least the remix was fun. My kids are older, but it was sweet to see them enjoy the snow when it was released the two times as well as watching other guests enjoy the entire show! :lovestruc

I actually found the fireworks to be too minimal and a bit disappointing, but I'm obsessed with fireworks so I expect a lot. They didn't add much to the show in my opinion. I'm interested in watching from the different locations throughout the year. It might not be the best Disney show ever, but our family highly recommends Mickey's Mix Magic!:thumbsup2

I saw parts of the Mickey Mix Magic tonight. There weren't any fireworks, as I heard that they will only be on Saturday and Sunday. I liked the music and projections. It reminds me of a dance party. I was trying my best to resist the urge to dance, but couldn't help myself lol. Hopefully I'll get to see the fireworks so I can get a full opinion on it.

I saw parts of the Mickey Mix Magic tonight. There weren't any fireworks, as I heard that they will only be on Saturday and Sunday. I liked the music and projections. It reminds me of a dance party. I was trying my best to resist the urge to dance, but couldn't help myself lol. Hopefully I'll get to see the fireworks so I can get a full opinion on it.
There was suppose to be pyro tonight but it was too windy. Normally pyro will be shot Fri-Sun and holidays.

I enjoyed the show and it worked as projections only but I am looking forward to seeing it with the added pyro.

Although our view of the Main Street projections was not great, it really looked like similar images to what was projected on the water screens at Rivers of America. For example, the "Let It Go," section was lots of projected snowflakes and Elsa...
Do you remember if the snow machines were used at ROA? They were used on Main Street.

There was suppose to be pyro tonight but it was too windy. Normally pyro will be shot Fri-Sun and holidays.

I enjoyed the show and it worked as projections only but I am looking forward to seeing it with the added pyro.
Ohh! Makes sense. It was very windy yesterday, but it felt like it died down once the sun set.

Ohh! Makes sense. It was very windy yesterday, but it felt like it died down once the sun set.
Small World closed before the fireworks, so if they had gotten wind clearance it was still windy enough to warrant shutting down the ride. I watched from back there and it was nice to see the full scope of the projections. And surprisingly other than the mess that parking/security was in the morning it was very much uncrowded for a holiday Monday.

Small World closed before the fireworks, so if they had gotten wind clearance it was still windy enough to warrant shutting down the ride. I watched from back there and it was nice to see the full scope of the projections. And surprisingly other than the mess that parking/security was in the morning it was very much uncrowded for a holiday Monday.
OMG YES! I must have just made it before the trams broke down, because a friend who came right after me had to walk to DTD, go back through security, and then come. My other friends who came after her were worried since parking was a little crazy for them too.

All in all we made it in by 9:30am. We stayed on DL the whole day since one person had the non hopper SoCal ticket. It was so empty...we stayed until closing and around 6 pm everything emptied out and you could get instant return fastpasses! Nothing ran out. And if I remember correctly, the regular socal pass was valid today too, but the park still never got that busy. It was amazing!

OMG YES! I must have just made it before the trams broke down, because a friend who came right after me had to walk to DTD, go back through security, and then come. My other friends who came after her were worried since parking was a little crazy for them too.

All in all we made it in by 9:30am. We stayed on DL the whole day since one person had the non hopper SoCal ticket. It was so empty...we stayed until closing and around 6 pm everything emptied out and you could get instant return fastpasses! Nothing ran out. And if I remember correctly, the regular socal pass was valid today too, but the park still never got that busy. It was amazing!
The only rides that ran out of FPs were racers and toy story mania which ran out in normal time frame. Then space ran out towards late afternoon. I didn't get to the structure until 9:30 but I came over on the flyover bridge and the cars were backed up the entrance into the toll booth lines outside the structure, took about 15/20 min from that point till I was parked. I dumbly decided to walk over and in through DTD where on the DTD parking side there was about a 10ish minute wait for security. The other side was supposedly over an hour since they had redirected cars to park at Simba. The parking mess had me scared for crowds, but my guess is there were a lot more locals yesterday then out of town tourists which made parking bad but not crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter