Michael Myers returns..and so do we....19 Fabulous nights of HHN, RP & SF Sept/Oct 2018

Still out and about.....

Wanted to shout out to @cynditech to find out how her trip went......looking forward to hearing it was fabulous....

On my phone in the middle of nowhere....so hoping this posts as signal is practically non existant....

Still out and about.....

Wanted to shout out to @cynditech to find out how her trip went......looking forward to hearing it was fabulous....

On my phone in the middle of nowhere....so hoping this posts as signal is practically non existant....

Hiiiii! We are finally back - arrived in Detroit yesterday late afternoon - and then had to race to vote yesterday (forgot about it lol)!!!

We had a great time (with a few difficulties) but DS absolutely loved everything. Hightlights were - Discovery Cove (our best day ever), HHN28 (we ended up going 5 nights), RIP tours (these were lifesavers for me)! While DS loved HRH, I found it a bit loud (showing my age). We spent a decent amount of time at the pool - and it was incredibly loud. We upgraded our tickets to AP's (with a bit of confusion on the employees part). DS is already planning on coming back for HHN29!!!!

Hiiiii! We are finally back - arrived in Detroit yesterday late afternoon - and then had to race to vote yesterday (forgot about it lol)!!!

We had a great time (with a few difficulties) but DS absolutely loved everything. Hightlights were - Discovery Cove (our best day ever), HHN28 (we ended up going 5 nights), RIP tours (these were lifesavers for me)! While DS loved HRH, I found it a bit loud (showing my age). We spent a decent amount of time at the pool - and it was incredibly loud. We upgraded our tickets to AP's (with a bit of confusion on the employees part). DS is already planning on coming back for HHN29!!!!

Glad to hear it!!!! Not so much about the few difficulties though.....

But wow on HHN!!!! 5 nights is fantastic...….and I`m delighted your son is already planning to come back next year...…

I agree with the HRH......it is too loud and brash for us too......nothing sedate and relaxing about it for me.....maybe it is an age thing after all :laughing:.....although Kyle never liked it either as a young teenager. My niece and family lasted two days before they moved to PBH!!! And they love rock music!!

But, so happy overall it was a big success...….I was so hoping it would be everything you wanted it to be!!!

I think @EveDallas is off on her travels next ….maybe this weekend??? :wave2:

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 28TH...……………

We were so excited for today...…...this was our day to move over to Sapphire Falls...…we really enjoyed Sapphire as much as we loved RPR......if I had to choose between the two...….well, I didn't have to do that......lol......we could enjoy best of both worlds!!

Thursday night had been an amazing sleep...….and I actually woke up feeling fully refreshed this morning......although as always it was earlier than I`d have liked...….but, once I was awake as always, I was fully awake. We really didn't plan to do much today. We were even giving HHN a miss tonight and going to enjoy a night in Strongwater Bar as we were over there...….we just wanted a nice relaxing day and night without dragging ourselves around a park two or three times...….we had done HHN more than enough nights, so we didn't feel we were missing anything by not going tonight.

We showered and dressed then got most of our things packed up......that was a dilemma and a bit of a trial....but we managed most of it in and decided we would finish after breakfast......we then went down to the club Lounge for breakfast…..

We really took our time this morning....we were in no rush to do anything today...….our plan was once we were in our room at Sapphire we were going to go back to IOA and do the water rides...…..but that was later in the day...….so we chatted a little while as always, and then said we had to go pack up but would see them over the next few days.

Once back in our room we realised we had bought too much stuff!!! Genuinely, we were struggling with what we had bought, and we hadn't been Rum shopping yet!!! We love the variety of rums that you can purchase over here.....sure, you can probably get most online, but just being able to go in and pick it up was so much easier......but with some creative moving around of the "stuff"......we managed to pack everything up....

Our phone rang and it was our friend asking when we were checking out and heading over to Sapphire, we told him around 10.30, so he said to ask for him when we went down as he was there this morning......always a delight.

So, around 10.30 we saw our lovely housekeeper lady and gave her our final envelope of the trip.....such a lovely young lady and very personable......thanked her for taking such good care of us and told her we hoped we would see her in December......and we set off to the elevators with our incredibly heavy luggage!!! I actually struggled to think we had bought so far!!

In the lobby we asked the lady who was checking us out to let our friend know we were there, and he was out instantly...…..we thought he was just saying goodbye to us and enjoy Sapphire, but he really made our day......well, for the first time today, but we didn't know that yet!!!

He said it was employee preview day for the Club Lounge, but he wanted to take us up for a private visit so we could see it all done!!!! We were thrilled to bits....I think I almost squealed…...we had followed the progress of it and the club manager had showed us some tiny little teasers along the way, nothing too revealing of course, but little bits......but to see it finished....we were so excited!!! And to get a viewing before it actually opened was fantastic!! We felt very honoured and were so grateful for the privilege……

So, we left our luggage behind the front desk and went up in the elevators chatting about all sorts and what we thought the lounge would be like….....…..

i-gZwjMkL-XL.jpg

i-q2XHTh6-XL.jpg

On going in we saw the Club lounge manager who we now knew so well and felt like we had known her forever, she is lovely...….and got a big hug from her and told her how delighted we were to be among the first in......they had done a ribbon cutting ceremony earlier, and all day employees from all over the hotel could come in and see how the new refurb looked now it was all done...…..

And it didn't disappoint.....it was very different. It is such a good size of a lounge......and very bright and airy......and with the new colour scheme and designs......gorgeous!!!

i-L3Nc3tn-XL.jpg

i-6x22zZV-XL.jpg

i-kqmHmqh-XL.jpg

We loved it instantly!!! It felt so much nicer than before. The refurb was long overdue for several reasons, but now it was done we thought it was beautiful.

And of course the fruity tropical drink served when we came in was most welcome....a nice little touch.

The pictures below are missing a central table that was supposed to be there, but of course with everything there`s always something that doesn't quite go to plan. But, they had done an amazing job of this lovely room.

i-WSTPCtG-XL.jpg

The area where the hot and cold foods were going to be served was sleek and elegant...…and of course the extra storage was handy down below.……..

i-GZQ5JXT-XL.jpg

i-dNTKf25-XL.jpg

The window blinds were also not hanging yet which is a shame as I`m sure they are lovely....they sounded lovely!

i-KKdQkQ7-XL.jpg

i-LWcfXPm-XL.jpg

i-FVcQTp3-XL.jpg

i-KzHXMBs-XL.jpg

The computers hadn't been put in place yet either, but they were going to be more or less in the same place as before.

i-F6qdsn6-XL.jpg

i-DQNbBz3-XL.jpg

i-ZF6n9K8-XL.jpg

I loved, loved, loved this wood effect on the TM desk...….I was surreptitiously trying to work out how I could find the same thing and incorporate into my home somewhere!!

It was funny as you could see there was a few folks wondering who we were and why we were in there today......lol...…

i-zbKPS5V-XL.jpg

And rather handy, was this little power point where you can charge what you need...….

i-H4ftcGV-XL.jpg

A much needed addition to the lounge is the chiller cabinets for cold drinks......the powers that be always listen to guests requests, and having a chiller cabinet for sodas and water was one that was regularly mentioned....they used to just have the cans of soda sat out and while there was ice you could add, I know I prefer an ice cold can. So, this was a very welcome addition.

i-VxXghN7-XL.jpg

And of course the littlest room in the lounge...…..I was surprised how cool and bang up to date this room was now.....as before it followed the design of the lounge and had the traditional South Pacific feel about it......but, this was beautiful. And I wanted that mirror!!!!

i-dvRCSL4-XL.jpg

We spent almost 45 minutes to an hour in the lounge.....and I think Tom photographed every inch of the room......

Our friend is incredibly busy so we were soon leaving with him and we said goodbye and thanked the manager who we adore said we`d see her soon, and another lady who I must admit I thought I didn't know......well, there has to be one I suppose.....but, turns out I did know who she was, I just hadn't met her before...….nice young lady.....

We had genuinely loved seeing the lounge first.....and we honestly thought it was beautiful......like anything there were a few teething issues, but I`m sure they were sorted in a flash.

As we walked down we thanked our friend profusely and told him he had absolutely made our day...….he gave a huge knowing smile and said well, we`ll see...….I smiled and he laughed as he could see my curiosity had been piqued......he does know what I`m like with surprises!!!! It`s a little bit like torture when someone tells me they have a surprise for me...…..lol...….

But, we genuinely couldn't thank him enough for again, making us feel extra special and taking the time to take us up and see the finished project. I was so glad we had seen it finished before we left, as originally it wasn't supposed to be open to guests till after we had gone home.....we felt very lucky and happy. And I had promised not to post any pictures until after we were home, by which time it would be open anyway. I wouldn't have broken that promise for anything.

Once down in the lobby we thanked him again and he said he`d see us before we left anyway but to enjoy Sapphire...…..so, many hugs and thanks later we got our luggage and headed out and waited for the car.

We got it loaded up and ready for the very short drive over to Sapphire...…..we set off and reached the main exit at the traffic lights facing the Hulk, when we realized we had left a whole load of items in the safe behind the front desk!!!! Doh!!!

I think in all our excitement we had just forgotten...……

So, we turned around and Tom went back in while I sat in the car...….it`s not an area you are supposed to wait, but we said we`d just be two minutes and I was staying in the car....so not a problem...…..

Tom came back out and we set off again for the very short drive to our home for the next four nights...….Sapphire Falls...….

I think @EveDallas is off on her travels next ….maybe this weekend??? :wave2:

Yes, we leave on Saturday. Three more sleeps - can't wait!

Your pictures of the new lounge are breathtaking - I'd love to stay club sometime but have a hard time justifying the extra cost, especially since I don't drink. Not that I'm against it, but most alcohol makes me feel sick. But it would be lovely someday - even if just for a day or two.

If I ever take a solo trip, I'd love to try SF. That and Adventura are the only hotels we haven't tried.

I’m all caught up once again, your day trips to different place around Florida are always such a treat to read about!

The new club lounge looks really nice! I’m excited to hear about your SF stay and how exciting only 3 weeks until your next trip, yay!!

Wow, the refurb’d lounge has a very cool vibe. They did a great job on it. I’m sure you will be spending a good amount of time enjoying it :)

Thank you for the lovely trip report so far. I'm eager to know what your surprise was. I love all the pictures of DA. I love it too. Could spend days there happily.

It's also fun to hear about HHN. Definitely not my thing - I don't like haunted houses or scary movies - but fun to hear about your experiences. Where do they set up the haunted houses? I've been there during the day when HHN was going on and didn't notice additional places around (a few props and things but not decorated buildings).

So will I!

Absolutely!!! Lol.......

I struggle to understand why some take such an interest in finding negativity from others.......always reminds me of the woman we met in Sapphire who was keen to tell us she has enjoyed so many more more visits to Orlando than us......lol....as if I actually care!!! Bully for her.......Has no effect on my life whatsoever.......but, people are strangely competitive and for some reason feel the need to announce such things........lol.....

But, lovely to see you’re still reading along Owlpost23.......nice to see you.......:wave2:

Yes, we leave on Saturday. Three more sleeps - can't wait!

Your pictures of the new lounge are breathtaking - I'd love to stay club sometime but have a hard time justifying the extra cost, especially since I don't drink. Not that I'm against it, but most alcohol makes me feel sick. But it would be lovely someday - even if just for a day or two.

If I ever take a solo trip, I'd love to try SF. That and Adventura are the only hotels we haven't tried.

Yay!!!!

I thought it was close........it’s 2 sleeps now!!!

Yes, it’s a beautiful lounge.......I hear you on the alcohol.......we have two close friends who don’t drink.....one is intolerant to alcohol in most forms.......made her so bad so she totally abstains......she’s happy to be around folks who do enjoy alcohol.......the other just doesn’t like the taste of anything!!! She has tried most things, but it’s just not her thing......now chocolate.......she is a chocolate fiend lol.........

We love Sapphire!!! Yes, it doesn’t have EP........so yep, a trip that wasn’t park focused would be an ideal time to visit there for a stay........you’d love it!!

I’m all caught up once again, your day trips to different place around Florida are always such a treat to read about!

The new club lounge looks really nice! I’m excited to hear about your SF stay and how exciting only 3 weeks until your next trip, yay!!

Glad you’re up to date Caroline!!

We love having time away from the parks and seeing a little of the other side of Florida.........

Yes, we really like the lounge and thought they did a really good job of changing it completely. And we were so excited to be staying at Sapphire again......we love RP so it was nice we were able to have a lot of time there and this was like another little extra trip added on..........

Yep........3 weeks today we’ll be flying today!!!

Glad to have you still along.........:wave2:

Wow, the refurb’d lounge has a very cool vibe. They did a great job on it. I’m sure you will be spending a good amount of time enjoying it :)

Yep, it was a real pleasure to be able to see it before we left.........and we were very grateful and thankful to be allowed to continue to use the Club Lounge while we stayed at Sapphire too, so we did manage to see it in a full working state on the Monday....

:wave2:

Thank you for the lovely trip report so far. I'm eager to know what your surprise was. I love all the pictures of DA. I love it too. Could spend days there happily.

It's also fun to hear about HHN. Definitely not my thing - I don't like haunted houses or scary movies - but fun to hear about your experiences. Where do they set up the haunted houses? I've been there during the day when HHN was going on and didn't notice additional places around (a few props and things but not decorated buildings).

You are welcome!!

I’m glad to know you are enjoying it and still reading along.....it has kind of gone on longer than planned!!

Well, the surprise thrilled us.......others may not think it’s anything special.......but for us, it was wonderful. Oh DA is an amazing place........I’m glad you like the pictures.......I think over all our trip reports we think we must have covered almost everything........then we see something new! Amazing.........

The houses are well hidden........some are in the sound stages, the huge buildings behind RRR and Jimmy Fallon, Halloween was in the Shrek building where there is a spare theatre behind the main room you go in to see Shrek....then there are tents, huge sprung tents built solely for HHN. They tend to be the ones you feel as though you are walking miles to see, way in the back of the parks........

Behind MiB, this was where the Blumhouse was this year was classed as a tent but it was more like a temporary structure like you would have for events like weddings.......

So you wouldn’t see any of them during the day really........they do it really well!!

Yes, it’s not for everyone........we love it.....but we love scary movies and being terrified........so, it’s a perfect event for us........although this years lacked a lot of scares for us..........we want to be petrified!!! But, still a fabulous event........maybe one day you’ll give it a try??? :D

Glad to have you still reading along........:wave2:

Last edited:
It does take less than 5 minutes to drive along to SF.

We turn in and love the welcome view we have as we pull in...….

i-wZ9zLwm-XL.jpg

We love this hotel and I never tire of seeing how lovely it is. It is beautiful...…..

Today we go park in the regular car park immediately, but we do move to valet almost immediately. So, once again our car will be parked at the front of the hotel, rather than in the regular parking places......we always enjoyed seeing it parked there...….

Into the lobby and it is just beautiful…….it is so nice to be back...…..

Check in was quiet, so we wander over and as we do our friend appears and we ask if he flew over from RP!!! That was quick.....lol...….he checks a few things with our reservation and tells us the room isn't ready yet, and of course we didn't expect it to be as it was only just after 11am...….I`m always amazed when folks expect the room to be ready so early in the morning, it`s nice if it is, but not to be expected.

We had planned to leave our luggage with Bell services anyway, so that's what we did and again, thanked our friend for everything he does for us...….we say we can come back around 2pm and if the room is ready it`s ready, if not I`m sure we can pass some more time...….going to do the water rides isn't that important...….

So, luggage deposited we head back out to the car which is still in the main garage right now.....and we drive off to have lunch, but first stopping off in Publix for some little bits and bobs that we needed for the room. We had a wander around and passed a little time before lunch.

We paid for our purchases and went out to the car and headed to O` Charleys on Turkey Lake Road......we did like it in there. Food is always excellent and even though it`s lunchtime it always has a good crowd in......but never too busy...…

We usually sit at the bar, but opt for a booth today......our waiter is incredibly friendly and asks what we would like to drink......I opt for the strawberry margarita...….and Tom has a soda.

i-hS3st3V-XL.jpg

I have to say this wasn't the best cocktail I had enjoyed...…..it lacked a kick!!! Even at lunch I`d like to taste the flavour and not just ice...……

We knew what we were ordering, I was going for the Nashville hot chicken sandwich.....my regular choice there....Tom planned to order the chopped steak again, but ended up with low country shrimp which was like jambalaya...…..

While we were waiting for our food we had some of those beautiful sweet rolls......oh my goodness, how good are they!!!!

i-9JDjtGB-XL.jpg

The food arrived and it was perfect as always. My chicken today was as hot and spicy as it should be. Too spicy for Tom apparently.…..he just can`t eat this one for some reason...…but I loved it!!!

i-hDRj2Zg-XL.jpg

Low country shrimp was beautiful...….there was loads of shrimp and the andouille sausage was just a little spicy......I managed to have a taste without any onions and it was lovely.....

i-BG94BCM-XL.jpg

We took our time as we had time to kill till we went back to the hotel, so we decided to share an ooey gooey caramel pie...…..one of the most decadent sweet dishes you`ll ever eat...….and definitely one to share...…

i-5bHzJT5-XL.jpg

We manage to share it almost equally...….. I do take a little less as it`s incredibly sweet......but we did enjoy it.

Once we paid our check we headed back to the hotel.....it was hot.....

i-c5pskdX-XL.jpg

It`s only a 5 minute drive back to the hotel, where we handed the car over to the valet guys who immediately remembered us and made the comment...…."You`re back again" always nice to be remembered...….

We had no plans to go drive today, if our room was ready we were going to do the water rides, then enjoy Strong Water tonight...….

So, looking forward to getting into our room.

I love the way they take such good care of you at RPH and SF! Every business should treat loyal customers so well!

I can't wait to hear what surprises your friend had in store for you.

Lol.....well, we loved it!!!

Congrats on your trip for December being sorted out Vicki......really glad to hear that!

Is this the first time you’ve gone for the holidays.......I forget if you’ve been before during that time.

I love the way they take such good care of you at RPH and SF! Every business should treat loyal customers so well!

They really do Andrea..........when staff tell you they consider you as family, it’s a nice feeling. We’ve known some of them so long, and others we’ve met recently but you know when you click with folks........

We keep in touch too which is lovely. So, yes they make us feel extra special at both hotels.......and I agree, every business should treat folks as well as that.

Glad you’re still reading along Andrea.........oh I’m still trying hard not to watch the Christmas Carol version we haven’t seen yet!! I’m so keen to watch it.........lol......

We’re having to do all our decorations and trees before we leave this year as we don't come back till the 10th Dec, so mayabe Nov 24th they’ll all go up and I can then watch it, as it’s Christmas then!! :D Think that’ll work??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter