• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MiceChat is reporting there will be changes to DAS at Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leary of believing this article. We've used the DAS for our daughter at WDW and DL. DL has been using the red stamps for a while now, so no one has been writing in return times. And, really, how many stamps could have been stolen, surely not enough that would actually make a difference to the lines or wait times. I REALLY liked the DL DAS system better than WDW's. Having the DAS stations in the different sections of the parks was SO much easier than trying to get return times at each and every single ride at WDW. I would think WDW would make the DAS electronic long before DL, as they don't even have the MDE system yet.

Does anyone know if WDW has gone to the stamp system like DL. To me that is the number one way to cheat the system, because without the stamp anyone can write their own return time.

I'm leary of believing this article. We've used the DAS for our daughter at WDW and DL. DL has been using the red stamps for a while now, so no one has been writing in return times. And, really, how many stamps could have been stolen, surely not enough that would actually make a difference to the lines or wait times. I REALLY liked the DL DAS system better than WDW's. Having the DAS stations in the different sections of the parks was SO much easier than trying to get return times at each and every single ride at WDW. I would think WDW would make the DAS electronic long before DL, as they don't even have the MDE system yet. Does anyone know if WDW has gone to the stamp system like DL. To me that is the number one way to cheat the system, because without the stamp anyone can write their own return time.

WDW does the stamps too. I think the stamps were put in place because of people writing their own return times.

I don't know how many stamps were taken, but it was clearly enough between everything that they felt the need to change the system. Heck, even just one a week would be a lot and a major PITA for the workers at that kiosk. I personally feel like they didn't intend to go electronic with DL before WDW, but the abuse caused them to push it up sooner.

I agree that they'll have to do something to accommodate families who have two members with legitimate needs.

I believe it would be nice if they could, but I don't believe they have to do anything differently than is outlined in the article, i.e., don't allow a non-DAS holder to be linked to more than one DAS.

Guest services should be able to change which tickets are attached to which DAS when a family has more than one DAS holder. It would be helpful if this could be done at the kiosk, then the members of the family could change which DAS they are attached to depending on the ride.

Wow, that's truly sad and disgusting that some people are cheating the system like that, especially stealing the stamps! So very wrong. :furious:

I was wondering about those stamps too, noticed them at WDW last month. I think you could just order such a stamp from Staples or something. I mean, it just crossed my mind, briefly, that someone could do that.

Count me as another fan of the DL DAS system over the one at WDW. SO much easier, and as i have pointed out before, I always see many non-DAS guests asking those guest Relations CM questions. It is wonderful to spread them out all over the park...... (which would be tough in the Florida heat, I must admit).

I hope they figure it out at DL; it is different there with the huge % of locals in the parks.

Wow, that's truly sad and disgusting that some people are cheating the system like that, especially stealing the stamps! So very wrong. :furious:

I just don't see how many "people" could just be stealing the stamps? The CM working the DAS station has a little box of stamps that they keep right there on the top or right under the podium. It's not like they are readily accessible to the general public - someone would have to be eye to eye with them reaching directly over their person to get one of the stamps. It would be much easier for an employee to pocket the stamps - but that is highly traceable too. I just can't imagine the stamp thievery at DL would account for too much . . .

I just don't see how many "people" could just be stealing the stamps? The CM working the DAS station has a little box of stamps that they keep right there on the top or right under the podium. It's not like they are readily accessible to the general public - someone would have to be eye to eye with them reaching directly over their person to get one of the stamps. It would be much easier for an employee to pocket the stamps - but that is highly traceable too. I just can't imagine the stamp thievery at DL would account for too much . . .

That wouldn't surprise me if CMs are taking the stamps or stamping other CM's DAS cards or their own cards. Some of the biggest abusers of the arrow stamp on the GAC were CMs.

So the abuse is actually being caused by people who are eligible for the DAS - did no one else pick that up? This isn't about getting a DAS, it's about misusing it once you have one. So to the PP that mentioned having to get proof, that isn't the case here at all. It's about getting an accommodation and abusing it.

If there is abuse it could be anyone that knows about DAS 2 weeks ago I saw CM's at WDW leaving stamps on the podium in plain view and within reach oh anyone going on rides. If someone is willing to steal a stamp they will make up a reason for a DAS

I'm willing to bet they do a count on the stamps at the beginning and end of each shift or day. I'm doubtful that the stamps were what ultimately led to the change, but it was obviously enough of a factor to be mentioned. I'm willing to bet the bigger issue was getting multiple DAS cards to obtain multiple return times with the stamps being a smaller contributing factor.

I think it's pretty telling though that the abuse is coming mostly from DL where it's more of a local hang out.

I'm willing to bet they do a count on the stamps at the beginning and end of each shift or day. I'm doubtful that the stamps were what ultimately led to the change, but it was obviously enough of a factor to be mentioned. I'm willing to bet the bigger issue was getting multiple DAS cards to obtain multiple return times with the stamps being a smaller contributing factor.

I agree; too many people getting multiple DAS cards so that they can basically utilize the system as they did under the GAC.

I agree; too many people getting multiple DAS cards so that they can basically utilize the system as they did under the GAC.

I kind of saw this coming, that people would abuse the system when they found out it was essentially an extra fastpass.

So the abuse is actually being caused by people who are eligible for the DAS - did no one else pick that up? This isn't about getting a DAS, it's about misusing it once you have one. So to the PP that mentioned having to get proof, that isn't the case here at all. It's about getting an accommodation and abusing it.

I think that was me, and yes I do get it, but what I can see happening, is not only legitimate users abusing it, but also people getting one who don't qualify, then abusing it any way they can. I was just speculating, of course, but if anyone thinks that no one has figured out how to get one they don't need, you would most likely be mistaken. I hope the new measures can help stop it, but I have my doubts.

Funny I couldn't imagine cheating the system my wife should be able to get a DAS but she has issues that my DAS take care of so we got one I wouldn't want to have to deal with 2.

I think that was me, and yes I do get it, but what I can see happening, is not only legitimate users abusing it, but also people getting one who don't qualify, then abusing it any way they can. I was just speculating, of course, but if anyone thinks that no one has figured out how to get one they don't need, you would most likely be mistaken. I hope the new measures can help stop it, but I have my doubts.

I don't think that will ever stop if someone wants one bad enough. But I think the majority if people don't see it as much of a benefit since it's no longer offering quick access.

I definitely agree that the new system is not as cheater-friendly as the old system, and the new electronic measures will make it even less attractive. I wish they could come up with a system that was abuse-proof, but that's unrealistic. It's sad that they already have to revamp the system, that it only took the abusers one year to mess things up.

It was obvious this was going to happen,
I don't see how the new Das stops abuse anymore then the old system,
You still go through the fp line like the old GAC,and you can get 2 cards to alternate fp times and now not wait for anything since you can collect these times while using your 1st 3 Fps that you've already booked.
It was the perfect system to be abused.

It was obvious this was going to happen, I don't see how the new Das stops abuse anymore then the old system, You still go through the fp line like the old GAC,and you can get 2 cards to alternate fp times and now not wait for anything since you can collect these times while using your 1st 3 Fps that you've already booked. It was the perfect system to be abused.

Well, you're not supposed to get 2 cards. You're supposed to get one. Not many families need 2. That's why they're now going to link it electronically to tickets. And yes, you go through the FP line but it's not immediate like the GAC was.

The systems are hugely different.

You wait just like everyone else it's a good system no one gets a front of the line pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter